HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default if you were a sperm donor baby...

as in your mum went and got sperm from a sperm bank off an anonymous donor and used it to conceive you, would you want to know the man who provided that sperm?

watched generation cryo and discussed this with a few friends, i'll give you a few situations to apply to yourself and give me an individual answer.

scenario 1: you grew up with both a mum and a dad, your dad was infertile and that's why you were conceived with donor sperm.

scenario 2: you grew up with two mums, and never had a father figure.

scenario 3: your mum wanted a child but didn't have a bf/husband, and decided to raise you alone. you never had a father figure in your life.

would you like to know the identity/see a photo of the donor?
    would you like to meet the donor?
    would you want him involved in your life?

edit 2 make format easier 2 read xoxo
    Last edited by wixard; 27-04-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Evanora

Latest Awards:

yes
    HxSS Blue Team

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'd say no to all of them, it's essentially a total random stranger and my life would be perfectly fine without knowing

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Evanora View Post
    yes
    -repped

my answer

i'd want to see a picture in all 3 scenarios but that's it, wouldn't go any further in any of them but i guess you can't be sure until you're actually in that situation, which none of us ever will be

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

maybe i would like to see a picture because imagine not knowing who u look like?!?!
    my friend never seen her dad and she doesn't look much like her mum, i would probs have an identity crisis
    but doubt id want to meet them

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    Amberr

Latest Awards:

its difficult really as its a complete stranger who would have provided the sperm, i think if i never grew up without a father figure I would probably want to know who he was, don't think i would want to know though with a father figure around. But then I think I would want to know who I look like so maybe a photo i would like.
    Last edited by Amberr; 27-04-2014 at 02:40 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'd like to know who it was just out of curiosity

It'd be pretty cool to meet them briefly if they were cool with it but I'm not sure if they're told if their sperm is used so I wouldn't wanna drop I'm your son on them. Also, it'd be cool to see if the bank had logs of his sperm being used for any other babies, just to see if I have any half brother or sisters.

I wouldn't expect anything from them but if they wanted to be friends, it's just another connection in your life I guess so that'd be cool

I think my answers would be the same to all scenarios, be cool to meet my biological father but I would in no way expect anything from them and if they didn't want to find out they had children I wouldn't push for it

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Futz View Post

I'd like to know who it was just out of curiosity

It'd be pretty cool to meet them briefly if they were cool with it but I'm not sure if they're told if their sperm is used so I wouldn't wanna drop I'm your son on them. Also, it'd be cool to see if the bank had logs of his sperm being used for any other babies, just to see if I have any half brother or sisters.

I wouldn't expect anything from them but if they wanted to be friends, it's just another connection in your life I guess so that'd be cool

I think my answers would be the same to all scenarios, be cool to meet my biological father but I would in no way expect anything from them and if they didn't want to find out they had children I wouldn't push for it
    that's all touched on in the show, there is a website where you enter your donors id number and you can see if you have half siblings. even though he's an anonymous donor the person requesting the sperm gets this big file on him and his life, just without the name or photo obviously. the records are always kept at the banks and you can go in and request to send a letter to the donor and it will be forwarded on but the donors are not obliged to reply.

in the show there are 16 of them i think, which is really rare apparently but does happen sometimes. they send him letters and he never replies, some of them wanna meet him and the others want nothing to do with it, but one even calls him 'dad'

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by wixard View Post
    that's all touched on in the show, there is a website where you enter your donors id number and you can see if you have half siblings. even though he's an anonymous donor the person requesting the sperm gets this big file on him and his life, just without the name or photo obviously. the records are always kept at the banks and you can go in and request to send a letter to the donor and it will be forwarded on but the donors are not obliged to reply.

in the show there are 16 of them i think, which is really rare apparently but does happen sometimes. they send him letters and he never replies, some of them wanna meet him and the others want nothing to do with it, but one even calls him 'dad'
    Imagine if you did that and got:

"Results returned: 46"

I mean, meh. It's almost meaningless.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    Imagine if you did that and got:

"Results returned: 46"

I mean, meh. It's almost meaningless.
    you'd have to start asking girls you meet if they're donor babies

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast