HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    AidenFTW24

Latest Awards:

Default Whos your Driving Instructor?

For those of you who are old enough to drive any Vehicle;

Who Was your driving instructor:
    In your opinion did they do a good job?
    Did you have any previous driving instructors, if so why did you move to another?
    Private / Company Driving School? aka F1 Driving School, AA etc..

My Driving instructor is called Ray Belton, and personnally i think he does a great job in teaching, hes an old man who has a sense of humour which makes his lessons fun in my opinion, i've also found out that he doesnt stick to 'time' for example today i had an hour and a half lesson booked 5:00 - 6:30
    He turned up at 4:45 and the lesson carried on until 6:45, with no extra charge (i only paid for 1hr 30 mins, not 2 hours) ive asked other people he teaches does he give them extra time aswell and the answer was yes.

I've had a previous Driving instructor before Ray, his name was Mark Jacklin and personnally at first i thought he was alright, but over time his true self revealed, He'd cancel lessons alot, you spend most time of your lesson wasted where he would be speaking to you at the side of the road for 10 or so mins, doing this a minimum of 3 times, rather then speaking to you whilst your driving, so basically if you booked an hour lesson, you'd only be driving for 30 minutes of that, and he'd do this No matter what level of driving you was at.

both of these was private driving instructors.

Have you had any driving instructors who seriously taken the piss?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Moh

Latest Awards:

I went for a private instructor, which from feedback from my friend who went with BSM and switched to private, I would private is much better.

I think my instructor did a good job considering I passed both my theory and driving test (4 minors) first time

Tokens

Latest Awards:

My instructor was called Chris and to be fair, he was a really decent instructor - he was really good at explaining things and keeping me on the straight and narrow during my lessons and was great at putting me at ease before my test.

However, I can't help but feel he was a little bit greedy. I have a friend who we both started learning to drive at the same time, and we kept the same progress throughout our time learning but he sat his test 3 months before mine - god knows why, i was definitely ready at the same time as him, yet my instructor was adamant that I needed more lessons.

My last 6 or 7 lessons or so were all identical - I drove seamlessly and Chris never had any faults to report, hell, we even had big conversations about other things totally unrelated to the actual lesson, which was really annoying as it took me 6 months and 23 lessons to learn + pass my test, when it could've been a lot less than that.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I learned with BSM. I wasn't going to originally, because my mum said they were crap when she was learning to drive, but I won 6 hours worth of lessons through the school, so I though I might aswell stick with them.
    I found my instructor to be really good tbh, we didn't stop much to talk like my mum said we would end up doing, we were just driving all the time, and just practised the stuff I couldn't do as well as other manoeuvres. The only talking was at the end of the lesson really.
    Although I would imagine this would vary from instructor to instructor, but I would recommend BSM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

my driving instructor is called christine. two girls, one car, disaster.
    i can't really compare if she's good or not cause i've only had one. i've had no problems with her other than cancellations and being late but then again she has learners 20 miles from mine that she has to drop off so i understand. what annoys me is sometimes she doesn't tell me about errors until afterwards. i'd rather i was stopped and told what went wrong. plus she laughs at me but nah loads of people have switched to her, she's the only female instructor (surprised?) around. the guys, as far as i can tell, are total jerks especially to girl learners. yep call me stereotypical but that's what happens here.

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens

Latest Awards:

BSM and the guy i have is really really good
    Conductor of the Runaway Train of Militant Homosexuality

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I've got a guy called barry, he literally doesnt give a **** about other drivers and swears so often, its brilliant.
    Coffee isn't my cup of tea.

Tokens
    Habbo
    kromium

Latest Awards:

My dad loool.
    anyway

Tokens
    Habbo
    .Shar.

Latest Awards:

I had some lady who gave me lessons without even checking my age/provisional...
    Last edited by Shar; 26-12-2010 at 09:00 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    AidenFTW24

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Shar View Post
    I had some lady who gave me lessons without even checking my age/provisional...
    wow really?

First lesson i had to take everything, Both copies of my provisional, even a notepad and pen.... (thats when i was with mark jacklin, the **** instructor)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast