HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by BL!NKEY View Post
    Lol I thought that was a joke but I guess you are serious. Look at the size. The Mac is smaller in all dimentions.
    Which in itself isn't a good thing. For a Media System like Macs, they would need a big screen to get the full satisfaction with the system. My laptop is perfect with Windows Media System with it's Wide Screen and LCD screen. The MacBook is small yes, but it doesn't mean it is necessarily good for it "/

Quote Originally Posted by BL!NKEY
    The thing that people like about it is that it looks simple. It can be used as a one button simple mouse with a scroll ball. Or you can use the right button and side buttons and ball button so you have a nice mouse. It looks simple and that goes in with the style of Apple.
    So Apple just use the word "mighty" to look hip and cool, when infact it is out of context and has nothing particularly mighty about it? You might aswell call it iMouse, I am sure people would buy who would buy anythign with "i" infront.

So to answer the thread question. Yes the iPhone is a good idea.
    I never said it was a bad idea "/ I just said it will be another product that will be released after others with the same features, including a touch pad of some sort. Even though I am convinced that it won't have half enough interesting features as any other smart phones.

I have talked with people about this ad and they think it is funny because they have installed vista and it is like that. The whole cancel or allow thing.
    Apple are just picking out the obvious and taking it out of proportion, as per usual. If you have Zone Alarm Firewall, you get warnings like this. It is easy to solved, you just say "Remember this setting" or agree or decline, depends what it is like. Apple just put it into the real world context which has more inputs and outputs and make it look stupid, which in reality it isn't.

No they have been out for years with a double click. You cant tell from the outside but if you click the right side only it is right click. You can set it to only single click if you want though. One button mouse are not pointless. Some novice computer users will never need use the right click.
    I like to be able to right click and save. Much faster than File, Save as. I also like to know what I am pressing and see the options. 2 mice buttons, not one with two settings "/

About the 360 degree scroll ball. Using excell or photoshop while you are zoomed in the side scroll comes in helpful. You can go down and left with the ball. So it is not pointless. Just a nice feature.
    Nice, but pointless. Can't you hover over and area and zoom, which is probably more simple and faster?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    Which in itself isn't a good thing. For a Media System like Macs, they would need a big screen to get the full satisfaction with the system. My laptop is perfect with Windows Media System with it's Wide Screen and LCD screen. The MacBook is small yes, but it doesn't mean it is necessarily good for it "
    First you argue that the MacBook is too big. Now you realized that it is smaller so you are saying that it is too small. People get different size monitors depending on what they need to use the laptops for. If someone wanted a bigger screen they could always go for a 15" or 17" MacBook Pro

So Apple just use the word "mighty" to look hip and cool, when infact it is out of context and has nothing particularly mighty about it? You might aswell call it iMouse, I am sure people would buy who would buy anythign with "i" infront.
    Are you really arguing that there is nothing mighty about the mouse so they should change the name?

Many companies put cool words infront of their product. This is nothing new. The mighty mouse does have some cool features and to some it might be mighty. Maybe not to you.

I like to be able to right click and save. Much faster than File, Save as. I also like to know what I am pressing and see the options. 2 mice buttons, not one with two settings "/
    I like to have a right click too. But I am saying that it isnt pointless to have a single click option because some computer users who are not as computer literate as us will never have the need for a two click mouse. It is more simpler for them with just one button to click and open things. I know old people who use the computer and they go up to file and go down to save to save something. I usually just use command S.

Nice, but pointless. Can't you hover over and area and zoom, which is probably more simple and faster?
    You can hold down the apple key and move the scroll ball and it zooms in on the screen. But I am saying like working on a spreadsheet you can scroll to the right and down by going diagnol. That is a nice feature. Seems pritty mighty to me

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I know this is off topic but; Woah, the debate about Apple and Microsoft or whatver between BL!NKEY and Gomme is still going on? :s

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -Wolverine View Post
    I know this is off topic but; Woah, the debate about Apple and Microsoft or whatver between BL!NKEY and Gomme is still going on? :s
    Haha. Its ok. The thread is over in two days. Then I can let my hand rest.

I stopped for a few pages in the middle and they were doing huge posts.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by BL!NKEY View Post
    First you argue that the MacBook is too big. Now you realized that it is smaller so you are saying that it is too small. People get different size monitors depending on what they need to use the laptops for. If someone wanted a bigger screen they could always go for a 15" or 17" MacBook Pro.
    After realizing what argument we're in now, a laptop with a bigger screen that focuses on Media uses is better at its job than a laptop with a small screen. Apple boast that their systems are excellent with fun stuff, or in reality, photos, videos etc. Now, a bigger monitor would be more sufficient to its duties than a tiny, pathetic monitor. And this monitor size argument, you get laptops that come from 13.3" monitors to 17" +. So Macs haven't stumbled across anything brilliant.

Are you really arguing that there is nothing mighty about the mouse so they should change the name?
    No, I am saying that the mighty mouse isn't mightier than any mouse already on the market. I am just saying it is a stupid name to call it. Although, anything Apple create is blown up into something ridiculously stupid to sell to stupid people who don't look into things and buy because of a name e.g. iPhone, iPod, iMac and so on.

Many companies put cool words infront of their product. This is nothing new. The mighty mouse does have some cool features and to some it might be mighty. Maybe not to you.
    No, because I have enough sense to look at the details and form my own opinions on a product. Just because it is called mighty, doesn't mean it s amazingly brilliant compared to anything else "/ As you would think from something called mighty. Also, I don't loads of companies do put cool words to impress people. Maybe it is just anything trying to sell kids, or Apple users "/

I like to have a right click too. But I am saying that it isn't pointless to have a single click option because some computer users who are not as computer literate as us will never have the need for a two click mouse. It is more simpler for them with just one button to click and open things. I know old people who use the computer and they go up to file and go down to save to save something. I usually just use command S.
    In this day in age, child and adults learn how to use a computer just beyond basic level. The right click of a mouse is one of the things you learn. Going back to Key Skills IT at college, they taught you these things again, even though I've known about right clicking since Year 4... Same with anyone else, and as with most people, we'll form our own ideas of how something works. Right click, copy looks awfully familiar as Edit, copy. So we could experiment to see if it is the same... Loads of people experiment, why do you think humans are clever than most animals, even though lab rats learn "/

You can hold down the apple key and move the scroll ball and it zooms in on the screen. But I am saying like working on a spreadsheet you can scroll to the right and down by going diagnol. That is a nice feature. Seems pritty mighty to me
    You have to hold two mouse buttons? Might as well go to where you want and zoom to save awkwardness.

Tokens

erm iphone? Gomme? iphone? the topic? iPHONE?
    ah, too busy trying to verbally bully people and belittle them rather than argue any of your points with finesse, eh?

i bought a mac way back in '96 i think before ipods, or anything else with 'i' in front - i bought it because it was different and i was pleased to have an alternative choice

the iphone is a device that perhaps offers many of the same features that others do, maybe has less in some departments, more in others - the question was whether apple should stick to computers or if the phone was a good idea...

the more choice we have, surely it's an advantage? nobody is forcing you to buy it - the fact it has an 'i' in front of it has no bearing on my decision to buy one, i just choose to buy one because i prefer it to other phones

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dog-egg View Post
    erm iphone? Gomme? iphone? the topic? iPHONE?
    ah, too busy trying to verbally bully people and belittle them rather than argue any of your points with finesse, eh?
    I was belittling? Yes, you believe that... We're still discussing the iPhone, but it seems the argument has split up into a battle of Apples over-exaggerated advertising methods, MP3 players and general system compared to what is advertised truthfully and doesn't mock another company at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by dog-egg
    i bought a mac way back in '96 i think before ipods, or anything else with 'i' in front - i bought it because it was different and i was pleased to have an alternative choice
    Good for you. The Mac offers nothing I cannot already get on a PC, plus more. I have no use for them or any other Apple product.

the iphone is a device that perhaps offers many of the same features that others do, maybe has less in some departments, more in others - the question was whether apple should stick to computers or if the phone was a good idea...
    I haven't seen anything on the iPhone about is offering more than other phones. The touch-screen is impressive, but it is just an alternative to buttons, and judging from this, it doesn't seem a very good alternative. That's just me though, I'll see if my predictions are correct when I play with a fully working one. How and when I don't know, I am sceptical they'll come to the UK, half the features won't work as good here e.g. Wi-Fi, Google Maps and even the name iPhone is already being used by a company.

the more choice we have, surely it's an advantage? nobody is forcing you to buy it - the fact it has an 'i' in front of it has no bearing on my decision to buy one, i just choose to buy one because i prefer it to other phones
    Are you sure about that? You seem to hint you want an iPhone because it has been produced by Apple. Probably accidentally hinted. I don't exactly find the iPhone too appealing to me, I only find the touch-screen impressive. As stated, the Wi-Fi connect would be hard to use in the UK, there isn't very much connectivity in the UK, other than in London, but they're mostly passworded. I only really like the multi-touch pad, but I can't see it doing very well, it seems quicker to call someone with buttons, than scrolling through the touch pad with a finger.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zamin

Latest Awards:

Unfortunately, this may mean that the era of ipod's is over unless the iPhone doesn't do too well..
    2013 yay

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by tombo60 View Post
    Unfortunately, this may mean that the era of ipod's is over unless the iPhone doesn't do too well..
    I'm confused? I very much doubt it. Sony make just as good (perhaps better) MP3's and they have phones, laptops, PCs etc going at the same time! Apple isn't that useless "/

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718