HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Hall of fame

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Competitions View Post
    Also my concerns are towards how departments such as the Events and Help Desk begin with "...one of the most important departments on Habbox"- what values these teams over the forum or radio, for example?
    I was asked to write the events page so obviously I'm going to think events is the best... !

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I also did the Events Page and this time we followed a script that Mathew made, he basically made the whole Page in a PM and sent it to me. I can't justify that quotation above so best to ask him.
    init woooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Competitions View Post
    Oh and another thing, what do you mean by a script made by Mathew?
    I split the events department page up into various sections so that it was tidy and informative. I assume Mark liked it and copied it to the rest?

I don't think having a discussion like this is a good way to decide on the HoF because I highly doubt there's many active members around today who actually remember such influential users, let alone write a paragraph on them, singing their praises. A much better way would be having users submit people who they feel are worthy, and why. GM would be able to take a look at the list: taking into account who submitted which name before carrying out some research on whether the claims are true. Yes it's subjective and yes it's time consuming, but I do think users such as nvrspk4, GommeInc and the likes would have much more expertise in the field than someone such as myself. Just an idea.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    So the majority of the current "Hall of Fame" (a.k.a. past and present managers) shouldn't be there then? They've not made any special/significant contributions, they were just managers who worked for Habbox - hardly fame and awe inspiring. Again, let the members decide. I don't get why management are again deciding what and who is famous.

Also, your definition of fame is very supervisual. Fame can come and go, there's no point adding people no-one particularly remembers. Ever heard people say "they were famous in their time" in a sentence? It's exactly the same here.

Seriously, the definition you lot are going by is lousy. If you were in charge of compiling a list of influential, important and notable Kings and Queens, you would put them all in the list, for the simple fact they were royalty, rather than any measurable amount of significance.

The proof is in the pudding anyway, you can tell who is famous in the current list by the biography that accompanies the individual. The ones with a generic "they were a general manager and made substantial contributions" are the ones who aren't famous, for the simple fact that the description used means sweet naf all
    Do you mean superficial? How so? I was talking about members who were included in the original hall of fame made a long time ago. Just because they no longer with us doesn't mean they should not be included.
    This is an update of the original not a completely new one. Anyway it is not up to me which is quite a good thing as I probably would have a 'Hall of Infamy' which would include a couple on the list. But that is just my own opinion.
    Last edited by Catzsy; 13-08-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Catzsy View Post
    Do you mean superficial? How so? I was talking about members who were included in the original hall of fame made a long time ago. Just because they no longer with us doesn't mean they should not be included.
    This is an update of the original not a completely new one. Anyway it is not up to me which is quite a good thing as I probably would have a 'Hall of Infamy' which would include a couple on the list. But that is just my own opinion.
    That's the one Because it's only going by what they worked as for Habbox (on the surface, going by the immediate perceptions), which is boring and generic, and doesn't really tell you why they are famous other than "because they are". If they are famous, it should be why the members like them, and the staff as a secondary source. At the moment, it's like saying Amy Winehouse was/is famous becuase she was a singer.

Old staff could be included, but the majority in that list weren't famous to begin with, they just did a job like any other (according to the information provided). The main point really is to get what the members think, as they're the ones that can tell you who is famous and isn't (even yourself, you said it would be your opinion, which is what fame is - opinion )

Tokens
    Habbo
    nvrspk4

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    Perhaps a well seasoned ex-staff member like yourself would prove of valuable assistance in assembling said list?
    I'd be more than happy to help, but as I mentioned, if we can find that old page it would cut out a loooot of work.
    It costs nothing to be a good friend.

American and Proud

I also use the account nvrspk on other computers.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    what exactly can you be famous for on this site/forum other than for being staff lol
    Pretty sure more people around here know who you and I are than whoever Nuxty is, just as one example. However...

Quote Originally Posted by RyRy View Post
    nobody outside of the community gives a hoot who's popular and who's not
    Is a good point, and for this reason it may well be best just to call the section "staff history" than "hall of fame" and forget about doing a who's hot and who's not page, as you can't debate the fact that someone did work here
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I think there are a lot of older forum members who maybe haven't been involved in staff that deserve a place in the 'Hall of Fame' - GommeInc and FlyingJesus to name just two members. I guess it is hard to decide where to draw (concerning impact on Habbo and impact on the Forum [Habbox itself]) the line although the present list on Habbox I agree is only a Staff list.

Tokens
    Habbo
    nvrspk4

Latest Awards:

The problem I see there is what to consider famous - are the very popular people who had a large impact but still had a tendency to bully people they didn't like allowed on the Hall of Fame? What about the people who are awesome but decided to go on a rampage on their way out and get banned (or those who got banned for less than a rampage, but still). Will there be a minimum requirement for behavior in terms of bans? If so, many of the prominent members will get left out.

I think a members hall of fame would be better done by letting the community remember them - putting it down on an official site page creates headaches. Plus, unlike staff where there are announcements and documentation, the members from the first five to six years of Habbox wouldn't really get a fair run.
    It costs nothing to be a good friend.

American and Proud

I also use the account nvrspk on other computers.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

The hall of fame at the moment is pretty much get to agm and ur on there, i mean Rosie (defiantly) Hecktix (no) but i suppose its all down to personal opinions.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Is a good point, and for this reason it may well be best just to call the section "staff history" than "hall of fame" and forget about doing a who's hot and who's not page, as you can't debate the fact that someone did work here
    I'm starting to think this too. The page would be difficult to compile and is completely useless to anyone outside Habbox. Famous people on here do not need to be listed, as it's down to the individual member who they 'think' is famous. Besides, if the majority of a forum think someone is famous then why put the effort into listing them? It's like listing what people like in their sandwich, listing the pooular ones won't change anything. In short, renaming the page to "Past Staff" seems a wiser choice, especially if by the current standards fame is only measurable by what position someone held in Habbox (General Manager down to Department Manager).

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    I'm starting to think this too. The page would be difficult to compile and is completely useless to anyone outside Habbox. Famous people on here do not need to be listed, as it's down to the individual member who they 'think' is famous. Besides, if the majority of a forum think someone is famous then why put the effort into listing them? It's like listing what people like in their sandwich, listing the pooular ones won't change anything. In short, renaming the page to "Past Staff" seems a wiser choice, especially if by the current standards fame is only measurable by what position someone held in Habbox (General Manager down to Department Manager).
    I disagree because there are members who haven't been staff but have had a huge impact on Habbox and deserve to be recognized. It's a nice feature for current and future members to read through and they can see what the past users were like,it's also a nice homage to those past members who use to visit the forum.

I don't think there should
    That's when Ron vanished, came back speaking Spanish
    Lavish habits, two rings, twenty carats

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910