HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
    You completely and utterly missed the point of my post, which is entirely true.
    What was your point? The phone company locks phones when the owner reports it stolen? I'm saying IN CANADA AND THE UNITED STATES, they don't.
    I'm at a point in my life where I don't care if you like me or you don't. If you like me, cool. If you don't, meh.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Metric1 View Post
    What was your point? The phone company locks phones when the owner reports it stolen? I'm saying IN CANADA AND THE UNITED STATES, they don't.
    They do, usually.

All phones have an IMEI Number, Which when you put a SIM card into the phone, and the phones begins to communicate with the network, it goes something like this.

Phone: Hi Network! Mind if I join you?
    Network: You can! However, I need you're number and IMEI!
    Phones: Sure, here they are!

Now, the network will either go

Network: Thats fine, you can use the network for calls, texts and internet now!
    or
    Network: That IMEI Appears to have been blocked because the phone was reported lost or stolen, sorry!

The IMEI is the phones ID, Any SIM that is put in the Phone communicates the IMEI with the network.

Now, depending if you told you're NETWORK you had lost the phone, it probably wasn't blocked.
    If you only told the insurance, and got another sent to you, then yeah, it probably wasn't blocked because the network didn't know about it so they didn't blacklist it.

Also, it is optional in the US to Blacklist an IMEI, its usually up to the network and/or customer, Yes, usually they just block SIMS and Accounts, it all depends however.

No need for the caps rage.
    Last edited by Jack!; 14-04-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Insurance is through the phone company.
    I'm at a point in my life where I don't care if you like me or you don't. If you like me, cool. If you don't, meh.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

Not if you have third party insurance, or are you on about your own personal insurance? Confused.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Usually isn't fulfilled by the company though, they outsource it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234