HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -Nick View Post
    It's been like 2-3 days not two weeks
    The last comp posted was on the 16th, 12 days ago
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I miss yupt

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    What so at the end of the month we just leave a random gap of no comps for a couple of weeks instead of just saying "oh it's the 28th let's have one that ends on the 5th" as would make sense
    For the most part there has always been a gap in the calendar, it gives managers and staff members time to collect winners, give prizes where necessary and helps the back end admin when it comes to the end of the month. However, this was changed under previous management - might have been Yupt and Shonly not 100% sure whereby it would be more ongoing rather than having a gap where no competitions were there, this was changed back (so there's a gap) when Inseriousity. got manager again as far as I know!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Not doing stuff at the end of the month is ******* ******ed. Could you imagine if the moderators all just buggered off for the last three days of the month because they're too busy picking MOTM?
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The end of the month is left free for administration purposes. The last competition was not posted on the 16th, it was created on the 16th and moved at a later date. This is in line with departmental policy. The aim is to fill this small gap with more departmental competitions. community cohesion, interdepartmental co-operation as well as the opportunity for departments to have the spotlight for a bit rather than the forum be filled with other competitions as is the case at its peak time.

Competitions will start again on the 1st and I hope to see you all enter when they do.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Sooooo the monthly run is we have 10 comps scattered through 3 weeks and then a week off to sort them out

What happened to this department
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    Not doing stuff at the end of the month is ******* ******ed. Could you imagine if the moderators all just buggered off for the last three days of the month because they're too busy picking MOTM?
    Brilliant example lmfao. I never really understood the gap but hey ho.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 29-05-2015 at 05:26 AM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    James

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    The last comp posted was on the 16th, 12 days ago
    They get posted in the staff forum to be approved before moving out, so it could have been written on the 16th then moved out on the 22nd, for example.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

In that case the last time anyone in the department did some work was the 16th
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

I'm sure Mike already knows that I really don't like the "gap at the end of the month" and I've always made that clear when talking about it.

I think perhaps it may have worked better in the past when the community was more active and there was lots to do, but these days a significant break in competitions like this really just makes the place seem even quieter I guess.

It's been proved before that the administration stuff can be done quite easily alongside competitions being out at the end of the month, it just requires some slight reshuffling.

If the gaps purpose is to provide an opportunity for other departments to create competitions, then this needs to be enforced more as this month has proved that it simply isn't working. Although I also think that managers have more to worry about their own departments in terms of activity than doing the competitions departments job for them right now! Using the example above it would be like getting other departments to moderate the forum for a few days

I know it's only a few days and the last week of the month but personally I think it works much better without the gap and provides a nice transition into the next month.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast