HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faith schools

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I need not quote anybody because Hecktix already said whatever I wanted to say in this debate lol

moderator alert Edited by Infectious (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts.
    Last edited by Chris; 01-06-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Charlottay!

Latest Awards:

I went to a Faith school and tbh i do agree with them (might be a lil biased)

The school i went to was for Catholics yet a large majority of the students attending weren't catholic or religious. There is a certain moral ethic behind faith schools that seems to be instilled into the students more. Some of my friends from other schools have said that religious schools are more stricter in terms or rule breaking, uniform and general conduct.

My religious studies lessons covered several religions, since it is a course and the entire curriculum on the course needs to be taught so that cannot be biased to one religion. However I think at my school it was a requirement that to be catholic to teach R.E.

My future brother in law is an R.E teacher but is an atheist in a normal school. He doesnt believe in god but finds the different religious views fascinating . (his degree is philosophy though)

I do agree with Oli's statement completely though.

Faith schools run properly, with pupils that are actually religious run very well and get very good results, however I think they are abused by parents wishing their children to go to faith schools when the family arent religious, because the only reasons they send them is stuff like they will mix with "better" children (in terms of moral values) and may get better grades - this is wrong.
    Ex-Hxl Senior DJ + Ex- Assistant events manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Faith schools are wrong because of:

Segregation
    Indoctrination

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12