HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    You missed out George W Bush and Tony Blair.

On death penalty, no it doesn't make us worse than the killer. When they killed they forfeited their right to live in the eyes of the law, and i'd gladly pull the switch on any cold-blooded murderer.
    An eye for an eye would only make the world blind.

If someone kills a murderer, aren't you as bad as them? You're commiting the same act, therefore it's a never ending cycle?
    "There are only two important days in your life: the day you are born, and the day you find out why."
    Mark Twain

Tokens

Latest Awards:

America and various other countries have the death penalty in place, but their murder/crime rates haven't gone down.

We can't say that the death penalty will act as a deterrent. If someone is caught illegally downloading music and films, they can get an unlimited fine and possibly a prison sentence. Does that stop anyone? No.

MUMFORD

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ardemax View Post

If someone kills a murderer, aren't you as bad as them? You're commiting the same act, therefore it's a never ending cycle?
    In that case if you follow that quote, we'd still have both eyes but we'd be ruled by Nazi Germany.

..and no, because they forfeited there right to live. A state execution is totally different to a murder.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    people will always kill each other, so legally killing them off creates a circle of "Kill the killer who killed the killer".
    Well no it kinda stops once the criminal's dead

No it would make two people with 1 less eye

No-one's suggesting vigilante attacks on murderers should be allowed except maybe Dan might because he's a bit weird but a controlled punishment system that involves the death sentence does not make the state liable to punishment in return. Going by your idea we should never discipline anyone in any way - oh and by locking up criminals the jailor ought also to be locked up for his breach of the other's human rights of course, and his jailor also and so on. It just makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by Japan View Post
    America and various other countries have the death penalty in place, but their murder/crime rates haven't gone down.
    No but it could be argued that it's substantially less than it would be without. I'm not going to say that because no-one knows for sure, but you can't make up facts like that

Quote Originally Posted by Japan View Post
    We can't say that the death penalty will act as a deterrent. If someone is caught illegally downloading music and films, they can get an unlimited fine and possibly a prison sentence. Does that stop anyone? No.
    Actually it does stop a lot of people even if it doesn't fix the problem. If that weren't so no-one in the world would pay for music and films
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

It shouldn't act just as a 'deterrant' as many argue, its also called justice.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    It shouldn't act just as a 'deterrant' as many argue, its also called justice.
    A deterrent is the most important thing. Justice just for the sake of it is for bitter people. If someone in my family was murdered and the murderer was executed, I'd be scared of the "guilt" coming back to haunt me, as if I had some control over whether they lived or died. I've heard lots of stories where family members have forgiven such criminals so it could easily have a bad effect on you if "you had them killed" as it were. However I would never feel any sympathy for them if they were just sent to prison for their life so why risk punishing yourself with the psychological effects?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    No-one's suggesting vigilante attacks on murderers should be allowed except maybe Dan might because he's a bit weird but a controlled punishment system that involves the death sentence does not make the state liable to punishment in return. Going by your idea we should never discipline anyone in any way - oh and by locking up criminals the jailor ought also to be locked up for his breach of the other's human rights of course, and his jailor also and so on. It just makes no sense
    Well I suppose there's other arguments for not to have the death pentalty because if you think about it, would you want to spend 25 years in a cell, 23 hours a day doing nothing but sitting down, 1 hour to go outside, or would you rather 5 minutes in an electric chair, or be drugged, which is harmless?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
    A deterrent is the most important thing. Justice just for the sake of it is for bitter people. If someone in my family was murdered and the murderer was executed, I'd be scared of the "guilt" coming back to haunt me, as if I had some control over whether they lived or died. I've heard lots of stories where family members have forgiven such criminals so it could easily have a bad effect on you if "you had them killed" as it were. However I would never feel any sympathy for them if they were just sent to prison for their life so why risk punishing yourself with the psychological effects?
    Yeah, it's a factor again. Like some religions would never dream of killing anyone for the wrong doing's.
    "There are only two important days in your life: the day you are born, and the day you find out why."
    Mark Twain

Tokens

I think anyone sent to prison, and gloats about it should be shot.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Dibbed=ban2021

Latest Awards:

if somone has murdered, and has admitted to it, should be executed, why should they live if they have taken an inocent mans life

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i don't think that execution is really justice. justice for who? the murdered? they haven't got their life back.. the family of the victim? they don't get their family member back... the murderer? they don't have a real punishment, they escape a life of imprisonment, anxiety and having to live with the guilt of it.

justice for murder can never be achieved.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast