HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

I'd also like to add that it's a major difficulty to find hosts to host Saturday Night Quiz as they find a lot of users to be intimidating and if they accidentally muck up all hell breaks lose. There's rewards in place for hosts to host Saturday Night Quiz, but still nobody wants to do it. It's generally very last minute (after a week of consistently nagging for someone to host), management and seniors end up having to come up with the questions every week and hosting it themselves as nobody is really willing to do it.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Absently View Post
    I'd also like to add that it's a major difficulty to find hosts to host Saturday Night Quiz as they find a lot of users to be intimidating and if they accidentally muck up all hell breaks lose. There's rewards in place for hosts to host Saturday Night Quiz, but still nobody wants to do it. It's generally very last minute (after a week of consistently nagging for someone to host), management and seniors end up having to come up with the questions every week and hosting it themselves as nobody is really willing to do it.
    Are new hosts getting the training they need? They should at least watch a senior+ host it before they can. The other week we had a host that didn't even let the room know a question was coming so that caught a lot of people off guard. If it becomes a major issue, let staff members other than HxHD volunteer.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    Are new hosts getting the training they need? They should at least watch a senior+ host it before they can. The other week we had a host that didn't even let the room know a question was coming so that caught a lot of people off guard. If it becomes a major issue, let staff members other than HxHD volunteer.
    We always recommend that hosts watch somebody host before they do and normally, it's also explained exactly what to do and how to do it. It is required each time someone hosts a senior+ (or if none are available, an experienced member of staff is asked in advance to supervise) is in the room supervising in case of any issues.

I'm all up for letting other departments host, but I do like the idea of HxHD staff hosting to give them that something different for the department. If that makes any sense

Tokens
    Habbo
    Red

Latest Awards:

When I was management, we had so many people wanting it we had to introduce a calendar. What incentives are they getting now? We used to offer an hour added onto their time. I find the rule of staff not being able to get hours up during snq ridiculous and have seen people come in needing help during the quiz. I just think it is too short and would like to see more questions but looks like people struggle to get 20.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    When I was management, we had so many people wanting it we had to introduce a calendar. What incentives are they getting now? We used to offer an hour added onto their time. I find the rule of staff not being able to get hours up during snq ridiculous and have seen people come in needing help during the quiz. I just think it is too short and would like to see more questions but looks like people struggle to get 20.
    You still get the hour and you also get 125 points, which can be exchanged at the end of the month for prizes like credits, vip etc.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You add an hour to their time but you make them turn their report note off lmao so basically they get less time added the longer they are in there. Reverse incentive to make them rush and not enjoy it? Whenever I hosted I kept it on and there were always people behidn the desk on hand to offer help. Not that people need help anymore but hey... different thread for a different day.

Ban users from the next week's quiz if they are being disruptive.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    You add an hour to their time but you make them turn their report note off lmao so basically they get less time added the longer they are in there. Reverse incentive to make them rush and not enjoy it? Whenever I hosted I kept it on and there were always people behidn the desk on hand to offer help. Not that people need help anymore but hey... different thread for a different day.

Ban users from the next week's quiz if they are being disruptive.
    Tbh, I don't think anyone has ever been told to turn off their report note whilst they're behind there and hosting. Seems just like a users choice and I don't think something was ever voiced on that during my time.

Also, like I've said above a senior+ is always on the sidelines watching, so if any help is needed they can be answered. Also, points are rewarded and time for answering a question whilst in front of the desk Anyway, not the topic on hand, haha

Tokens
    Habbo
    Red

Latest Awards:

Why are people turning their RN off though? They basically arn't getting any additional time if that's the case.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

If you're struggling to find staff so much, introduce a guest SNQ host opportunity where anyone can PM whoever with the upcoming weeks they could host, sort out a week, and then they can write/be given their own questions.

At the very least it'll show others how hard the quiz is to host.

But I seriously am all up for it being scrapped entirely and replaced. Or at the very least we need other things to accompany it throughout the week. Simply having a Help Desk is no longer working for Habbox-- we need to combine the Help Desk with a lounge area new AND old users actually want to visit and return to.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

That's what it is Charlie. A lounge area for the old users and a place of help for newer users. It would be stupid to turn it into a lounge (or have two seperate rooms of a help desk and a lounge) when it's already used that way but has the added function of bringing people in. I will agree though that we do need more Habbo presence.

As for SNQ, if someone's turning off their RN, that's their own fault and not mandated by management. I liked the idea of a scavenger hunt but I agree with Charlie that we should have this as an 'and' rather than an either SNQ or... scenario. In short, more weekly events.

Kirst, Habbox is dying. The struggle to find staff to host has little to do with lack of incentive and more to do with the sense of meh around the place.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast