HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

This is me at the end of each term.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Meanies

Latest Awards:

I did in primary school because my teachers were mint n my grandad was head n my gran worked there and mum helped out so I knew them all quite well lol

cake

Tokens

i use to back in primary school x)
    like chocolates, or a teddy or something
    we'll do what we've always done
    shut our eyes and hope for the best.

Tokens
    Habbo
    cjw93

Latest Awards:

Are you trying to get in their pants?
    Used to be GraysAthChaz

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Do you/did you give gifts to teachers? I usually didnt want too unless they were really nice(or i was getting a bad mark) mostly my mom wanted me to give them stuff.
    If so, what did you give? Wine bottles/chocolates stuff like that
    What do you think teachers don't like to get? crappy things they wont use, everyone usually likes chocolate/ bottle of wine
    What do you think they WOULD like to get? they wont ever say they dont like something so your good with anything but id stick with the normal stuff as ive said
    Do you have teaching relatives (or are you a teacher yourself) and can provide some insight? My mom is and even if the gift is crap she still likes that the kid took time to get her something.
    Ryan

Tokens

"an apple with a worm on it"

BOOOOOOOO
    HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

That's the exact thing I was ranting about on my blog!

Notebook In Hand is a forum for people who are creative. Writers, artists, crafters, anyone. Join in!

Tokens

Interesting, this confirms that most people think 'wine and chocolate and pens and apples'.
    the wine and chocolate thing... hate to break it to you but it's not something that teachers *love*.
    Lots of teachers don't drink (strange but true! So I guess be careful who you pick to give wine to) and many teachers get something like 15 boxes of chocolate a year and then don't know what to do with them. It's still appreciated in terms of sentiment though, you just have to accept that it's likely that they won't eat it/drink it all themselves.

Special: ... I'm not saying this to be rude or anything, but if she's just had a baby- she'll probably want to lose weight! Do you have those awesome cheap massage places all over the place like we do here? We've got them in shopping centres all over the city. They have neck massages for AU$5, neck and shoulder $10, and neck shoulder and back $20. They're totally awesome gifts for teachers, and I'd imagine brilliant for a pregnant or brand new mother. I'm sure she'd appreciate chocolates anyway, but I'm just throwing another idea out there.

"It's their job after all." ... Discuss.

Teachers are such a large part of your life, they're teaching you what, 6 or more hours a day, five days a week, for a year. It's not just a 'job'.

Not for Christmas or anything... well, here Christmas and End of School Year are the same thing. So it might make more sense.

Edited by invincible (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't double post within the edit time
    Last edited by Hecktix; 19-11-2009 at 11:41 AM.

Notebook In Hand is a forum for people who are creative. Writers, artists, crafters, anyone. Join in!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Teachers are just glorified baby sitters!!! Hey, thats going to be you one day

Those cheap massage places look kinda dodgy, they always try to pull me in.. Or those people that are like "HI DO YOU WANT LIFE INSURANCE? IF YOU ARE OVER 25 THEN COME HERE"... and i always say "i'm only 18.." then they say "oh i thought you were older".

damnit!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jack.Lfc View Post

Tokens

You must have another sort of massage place than we do! Ours look nice. Or maybe we just have different opinions...

glorified babysitters? Okay, from now on all five year olds can teach themselves!

(also babysitters get paid more per child)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast