HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by lozza
    When I go up and help him, it doesnt bother me. I even go and talk to the locals, it doesnt bother them either. So as for the Pubs and Clubs it should not be banned there.
    Sure, it may not bother you or the locals, but think about what it does to your health. Although you may not cough when near a smoker, it does not mean that you are avoiding all of the affects. It is very possible for people to die from second hand smoke, but the smoker still lives? How is that fair?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Corey777
    Sure, it may not bother you or the locals, but think about what it does to your health. Although you may not cough when near a smoker, it does not mean that you are avoiding all of the affects. It is very possible for people to die from second hand smoke, but the smoker still lives? How is that fair?
    As I said after. Not many people Die from Passive smoking. How many people do you know, that don't smoke and have died from passive smoking? I even asked all my teachers about this issue they said all the same, I asked a non smoker and a smoker. They said what I've just said.

If the non-smokers choose to take a route to work, and they pass many smokers, and they think they are at risk, they the should reconsider there route to work.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Actually, cigarettes are distributed by private tobacco companies. The nasty pictures and text you see on the packages are rules set by the government that are given to tobacco companies. This is to try to discourage smoking obviously.
    Then why is the money made basically going to the government?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by BLuweesH
    Then why is the money made basically going to the government?
    through taxes placed on cigarettes thats why the price on them is always rising it takes away from everyone elses taxes by raising the price of smokes

Tokens

I wouldn't base the passive smoking death toll on what you've heard. The statisitics are that 3000 people die from lung cancer alone from passive smoking. Passive smoking is also responsible for thousands of new cases of asthma annually.

As I said after. Not many people Die from Passive smoking. How many people do you know, that don't smoke and have died from passive smoking? I even asked all my teachers about this issue they said all the same, I asked a non smoker and a smoker. They said what I've just said.
    If the non-smokers choose to take a route to work, and they pass many smokers, and they think they are at risk, they the should reconsider there route to work.
    Why should non smokers who are not being harmful to anyones health by smoking be inconvenienced by people who obviously aren't respecting the public's health.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by ssricky
    through taxes placed on cigarettes thats why the price on them is always rising it takes away from everyone elses taxes by raising the price of smokes

That's ridiculous, putting tax on cigarettes! $10 to give yourself cancer, PLUS tax!

I'm glad though that the government don't allow smoking in places such as cafés, and childen playgrounds. I don't really see smokers around too, so I guess those advertisements have been effective, or people have been in debt.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I wouldn't base the passive smoking death toll on what you've heard. The statisitics are that 3000 people die from lung cancer alone from passive smoking. Passive smoking is also responsible for thousands of new cases of asthma annually.
    Maybe so.

I think there is no end to these debates, thats whats so, on going about them. We can all quote on what someone says then change it right back at them. Lmao

I was just trying to balance up my argument. Im trying to find a debate for my speech in English, and I have to balance it up.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by BLuweesH
    That's ridiculous, putting tax on cigarettes! $10 to give yourself cancer, PLUS tax!

I'm glad though that the government don't allow smoking in places such as cafés, and childen playgrounds. I don't really see smokers around too, so I guess those advertisements have been effective, or people have been in debt.
    they put that big price on smoking to discourage people from smoking cuz it is costy

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Why should non smokers who are not being harmful to anyones health by smoking be inconvenienced by people who obviously aren't respecting the public's health.

That, I agree with. But what can be done about it? Absolutely nothing, unless the smokers shouldn't be smoking in the area of it isn't allowed, you either gotta put up with it, or be elsewhere. That's the unfortunate way.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Another point. If you smoke, your house tax and everything to do with housing goes up, a lot.

This is true.

Its the way life is. Put up with it, or change.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast