HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Filter

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hecktix View Post
    Let's not go there, it's not going to happen. You only need to go back a couple of pages in feedback to see explanations from myself, the Forum Manager & Jin.
    why not go there though? :S i was using a valid example that has been used countless times before.

and to bolts point that it'd be permenant and be off-putting to people - then they can turn the filter on and won't see it..? that was the whole point of the idea.
    here is my facebook.
    here is my
    twitter.
    here is my
    tumblr.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by benjamin View Post
    why not go there though? :S i was using a valid example that has been used countless times before.

and to bolts point that it'd be permenant and be off-putting to people - then they can turn the filter on and won't see it..? that was the whole point of the idea.
    I'm not going to argue about it, the answer is no. I'm not wasting my time. If you want to know reasons there was a thread 2 weeks ago in which Jin, Matt, Nicola & I answered with full reasons. You may not like them, but it's not going to happen.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

As for the filter I'm two sided really

1) I'd prefer to see what certain posts say fully
    2) I wouldn't want to see this in spam all the time "**** me in the ****ing ***** I'm so bored for **** sake."
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

So what are the reasons behind dick being filtered? It's interesting to see how much paranoia is circling an incredibly lame "offensive" word. There's a rule for rudeness so if it is used in a rude context it can be dealt with like that. I'm so use to hearing "Wayne Rooney is a dick head" that it doesn't really come off as obscenely rude, unlike other words that only Frankie Boyle can muster on TV. If people want to be rude they can use so many ways to offend someone, like tart, ho, shlag, deck that and they'll be met with the rule book. Is it really that vulgar that it should be filtered, and is it actually used on the forum in rude context? Only time I've ever seen it used is to describe someone on TV in a jokingly rude manner or to say "Tom, Dick and Harry."

It's also interesting that "***" is filtered, yet "ho" is the word usually associated with prostitutes. Filter fail, mayhaps? Ho with an e is a garden tool
    Last edited by GommeInc; 28-03-2011 at 11:03 PM.
    +1

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

I think it would encourage people to be more inappropriate overall which is also breaking the rules, and there just isn't really much need for most swear words to be said at all. It's also worth noting about the name thing, that the word in question in this thread is also filtered on Habbo with their filter enabled. Even with the ability to see these words, I fail to see what good would come out of it when the majority of circumstances where they are used are inappropriate/rude or just annoyingly overused when there are plenty of alternative words which could be used.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hecktix View Post
    I'm not going to argue about it, the answer is no. I'm not wasting my time. If you want to know reasons there was a thread 2 weeks ago in which Jin, Matt, Nicola & I answered with full reasons. You may not like them, but it's not going to happen.
    why are you being all defensive? i'm not stupid - don't act all abrupt towards me, you've known me years. if i had seen that thread then i wouldn't have put this argument across here. i merely gave my input, sorry that i'm not 100% up to date on all the threads in habbox feedback.

also, just sayin'- a link to the previous argument would have been nice.
    here is my facebook.
    here is my
    twitter.
    here is my
    tumblr.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt660 View Post
    I think it would encourage people to be more inappropriate overall which is also breaking the rules, and there just isn't really much need for most swear words to be said at all. It's also worth noting about the name thing, that the word in question in this thread is also filtered on Habbo with their filter enabled. Even with the ability to see these words, I fail to see what good would come out of it when the majority of circumstances where they are used are inappropriate/rude or just annoyingly overused when there are plenty of alternative words which could be used.
    Do you have proof that the word is used in a rude context? I have yet to see people so determined to see it. The only time I've seen people use the word is to say the infamous phrase "Tom, **** and Harry". The only time it is rude is when describing someone as a **** head - which is fine when it isn't being used to dig into someone (where it breaks the behavioural rules). Most of the time it's said under your breath or in a light way. I see it all the time on TV. And Habbo is a poor example, they're a lousy company to be referencing, although I assume it's because they're a US, UK and whatever site now, so they go by what is rude to a majority and to stop people cyber-sexing.

I could call someone a tart as a joke and probably get a way with it, it's only rude when it is rude.
    Last edited by GommeInc; 28-03-2011 at 11:08 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I agree with gomme, but i really think management is underestimating the intelligence and maturity of a lot of the members. I understand not having the option for the filter (sort of), but not allowing **** is just well....yeh.

+1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyNemo View Post
    I agree with gomme, but i really think management is underestimating the intelligence and maturity of a lot of the members. I understand not having the option for the filter (sort of), but not allowing **** is just well....yeh.
    ^ See, at least this tart agrees I do think management think too little of their members. The D word isn't hip anyway, it's all about the big words these days if you really want to cause a fuss.
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    ^ See, at least this tart agrees I do think management think too little of their members. The D word isn't hip anyway, it's all about the big words these days if you really want to cause a fuss.
    It's not about us thinking little of members, I'm pretty sure that if swearing was allowed most users would use it appropriately however there will always be the idiots that don't and this will just make it a pain to moderate and unpleasant for others. By not allowing swearing we are not disadvantaging your experience here at HabboxForum. There is no need to swear.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast