HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hall of fame

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If you do make a Hall of Fame page, please, please, please do not have the words "what it is today" at the end of every opening sentence - it means nothing. For example, a competition department will still be a competition department no matter who founded it. No one can shape what one is unless they created the first ever, global use of the department, when they clearly didn't. My 2 pence on the situation at least

EDIT: The page seems to be more of a biography than an actual Hall of Fame. Many of these aren't exactly famous... infamous comes to word when describing some of these. Cut it down to the memorable and useful people. Yes, X was GM, doesn't mean he was famous for what he did, he was "just a GM".

For example:

Adzeh

Adzeh was a long term HabboxLive and News Manager. He eventually went on to become a Habbox Assistant General Manager. He was in charge of helping and assisting the the Habbox Departments and Managers until his resignation in April 2008.
    And that makes him famous... how? He seems like a run-of-the-mill News and HabboxLive Manager, and an ordinary AGM.
    Last edited by GommeInc; 05-08-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    There still is a Habbox Hall of Fame, before I got fired I finished it off. I think there was rumours about turning the page into a script. I'll check just now.

---------- Post added 27-07-2011 at 10:51 PM ----------

Here it it: https://habbox.com/#/HallOfFame
    some familiar faces on there, was cool to read. :]

Tokens

Latest Awards:

where am i. Jks jks

Looking very good mark

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    If you do make a Hall of Fame page, please, please, please do not have the words "what it is today" at the end of every opening sentence - it means nothing. For example, a competition department will still be a competition department no matter who founded it. No one can shape what one is unless they created the first ever, global use of the department, when they clearly didn't. My 2 pence on the situation at least

EDIT: The page seems to be more of a biography than an actual Hall of Fame. Many of these aren't exactly famous... infamous comes to word when describing some of these. Cut it down to the memorable and useful people. Yes, X was GM, doesn't mean he was famous for what he did, he was "just a GM".

For example:

And that makes him famous... how? He seems like a run-of-the-mill News and HabboxLive Manager, and an ordinary AGM.
    I still think there should be a section of the hall of fame for all past GM's, it'd be a nice feature have somewhere on habbox, it could have a timeline of past gm's and what features they added and what they contributed to habbox. I still think 'famous' users should be in it, people like chris, tom etc.
    That's when Ron vanished, came back speaking Spanish
    Lavish habits, two rings, twenty carats

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    I still think there should be a section of the hall of fame for all past GM's, it'd be a nice feature have somewhere on habbox, it could have a timeline of past gm's and what features they added and what they contributed to habbox. I still think 'famous' users should be in it, people like chris, tom etc.
    They could be added, but not in the Hall of Fame. Another section of same page could be for past GMs. Perhaps the page could be designed to have 3 links at the top:

Past General Managers | Hall of Fame | Other Staff

Then the content.

I think allowing all General Managers into the Hall of Fame ruins the point of the Hall of Fame. Just because you were a General Manager doesn't make you famous

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

They could be added, but not in the Hall of Fame. Another section of same page could be for past GMs. Perhaps the page could be designed to have 3 links at the top:

Past General Managers | Hall of Fame | Other Staff

Then the content.

I think allowing all General Managers into the Hall of Fame ruins the point of the Hall of Fame. Just because you were a General Manager doesn't make you famous
    I really like your suggestion of having the links at the top. I do see your point in it being pointless adding every past GM and by having the Links at the top of the page, it gives users more features and is a nice addition to have. I think the rules should be strict for who gets into the Hall of Fame, it would make it less special if there were loads of people in it.
    That's when Ron vanished, came back speaking Spanish
    Lavish habits, two rings, twenty carats

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Didn't Habbox have a Hall Of Fame member group like.. last year?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    I really like your suggestion of having the links at the top. I do see your point in it being pointless adding every past GM and by having the Links at the top of the page, it gives users more features and is a nice addition to have. I think the rules should be strict for who gets into the Hall of Fame, it would make it less special if there were loads of people in it.
    Put it to the members, it's how you become famous on here anyway I think if you're in the Hall of fame, you should have a reason why, a reason which goes beyond the ordinary. If a GM was good, it has to go beyond the barriers of what makes a GM - what they implemented, what achievements they gained and what generally made them nice, for example. Saying "They achieved a lot" means nothing, there is no substance to that. They could of made loads of ordinary decisions which went down well with the members - it doesn't make them famous

I could rant about this for days

Tokens

Latest Awards:

For example:

I remember having a convo saying the same thing and the reply I got from someone was "theyve worked hard to get to the AGM role so they deserve it." I agree with you, it makes a mockery of it. That's nothing against Adzeh btw as I wasn't around at the time so can't really judge on that.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    I remember having a convo saying the same thing and the reply I got from someone was "theyve worked hard to get to the AGM role so they deserve it." I agree with you, it makes a mockery of it. That's nothing against Adzeh btw as I wasn't around at the time so can't really judge on that.
    That's a poor response, did you slap them or manage to hold yourself back? Anyone can be an AGM, GM etc. and those who do will all do the exact same things in that role. What makes a person famous is being unique in that role, achieving things no-one else managed to do or having a good attitude and personality, which won over the admiration of the forum members or the Habbo community. Obviously Adzeh was a good AGM, but he was just a standard AGM who did the job well. He wasn't "unique" and he didn't do anything that made him "famous" around the Habbox Community.

When you think of Fame, you think of names and people immediately. From the list on Habbox, the only people that were unique, admirable and well-known were Mizki, MissAlice, Immenseman (who was annoying popular around the forums, Habbo and Habbox) and a few others. Many seemed to of been added simply for the title and rank they earned - there is literally no other reason for why the are famous other than "They were General Manager and achieved great things", which means very little If you can't list their achievements and why you think of them as famous, then they simply aren't famous.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast