HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by TheEclipse View Post
    You must have another sort of massage place than we do! Ours look nice. Or maybe we just have different opinions...
    Hmm, maybe.. Then again there are some who actually have shops, i should go into one once but i am scared i'll look like a queer!!
    glorified babysitters? Okay, from now on all five year olds can teach themselves!
    It was a joke, we used to say that to the teachers who went on strike or didn't care!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Stutoman View Post

This is me at the end of each term.
    Me leaving school at the end of each term

Tokens
    Habbo
    Gibs960

Latest Awards:

I did, Chocolates, pampering stuff, candles, thats for girls but I've never had a girl teacher.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

chocolates, wine, card, flowers, all that kind of stuff

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jordan:A

Latest Awards:

Im Primary school I gave my teacher a box of celebrations.
    And now in secondrary school I only give the Librarian one because shes really nice

~ "Difference is brilliant, difference is what makes this world"

Tokens

I've participated in teacher protests/strikes.
    It was for a VERY good reason. Can you imagine a job that hasn't given anyone a raise for 10 years, people keep saying 'but they're so well paid' but they're not, certainly not for the amount of hours and stress involved, and then the government was also trying to take away FIR as part of their deal (where they were going to raise teacher's pay by like, some miniscule percentage that sure didn't match up to inflation), which is this thing where teachers can take a day or two off (someone else goes into the class) so that they can spend some solid Report writing time. Or that all has to happen at home, and it's a huge amount of work. They were like 'yeah we'll raise your pay slightly, but we're taking away FIR then'

They also wanted to cut down on SSO hours, which meant that students who need extra help wouldn't be getting it, AND they were allowing classes to get bigger.

Striking is NOT greed. At all.

Notebook In Hand is a forum for people who are creative. Writers, artists, crafters, anyone. Join in!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I've participated in teacher protests/strikes.
    It was for a VERY good reason. Can you imagine a job that hasn't given anyone a raise for 10 years, people keep saying 'but they're so well paid' but they're not, certainly not for the amount of hours and stress involved, and then the government was also trying to take away FIR as part of their deal (where they were going to raise teacher's pay by like, some miniscule percentage that sure didn't match up to inflation), which is this thing where teachers can take a day or two off (someone else goes into the class) so that they can spend some solid Report writing time. Or that all has to happen at home, and it's a huge amount of work. They were like 'yeah we'll raise your pay slightly, but we're taking away FIR then'

They also wanted to cut down on SSO hours, which meant that students who need extra help wouldn't be getting it, AND they were allowing classes to get bigger.

Striking is NOT greed. At all.
    Lets be honest though, they do get two weeks off every 10 weeks or so, admit it. They don't do coursework for EVERY day they have off..

Tokens

A lot of planning goes on in that time. And a lot of sleeping.
    Also, since teachers don't get to go home and 'switch off', these breaks are needed so they don't die of stress. So they get a chance to have a bit of an identity other than 'teacher'.

Notebook In Hand is a forum for people who are creative. Writers, artists, crafters, anyone. Join in!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Gibs960

Latest Awards:

It's their career choice though, It is a well-paid job anyway, much better than some jobs, they're lucky to even have a job!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

A lot of planning goes on in that time. And a lot of sleeping
    The teachers I have talked to (that are friends) don't seem to do much "planning" or if they do its maybe 2 or 3 days... it really isn't necessary. AND you would get paid for those hours after work. Think about it, primary school teachers have hardly any hard or difficult homework to correct, they don't need the fortnight off every 10 weeks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast