HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Automatic cars?

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

aha, i noticed that aswel Edan.
    Anyways both my parents have Automatic, they say its far easier specially for the morning its just switch on and go like. They have a Honda Accord and a Mercedes SLK. so ye but my mum says the next slk she wants it to be a manual and a higher engine aswel

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimitsui View Post
    I think you got too carried away with 'manual'
    Hush your face/fingers

Automatics are good for long journeys in terms of economical usage, but never let them do simple pop out to the shops or drive around towns, cities or country lane jobs. The big ones are terrible with them at least.

A manual is just a good all rounder - can do motorways because, simply, you can sit in fifth gear most of the time unless traffics and accidents happens. And in stop-start traffic they burn away less fuel because an automatic is always pushing forward (thus you always see break lights on when stopped next to an automatic, though manual drivers do the same usually). Speaking of automatics, they're awful to drive passed when stopped behind one when a car is passing. I thought the one infront was trying to reverse but seems they were just changing from R to D
    Last edited by GommeInc; 12-10-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i agree that a manual's a good all rounder, although i'd still prefer my car to an automatic even on a motorway, just stick it in 6th and go.. bang the cruise control on if I'm feeling exceptionally lazy but it rarely gets used. ^^

i'm the star in the reasonably priced car!

Tokens

Couple of words, fuel economy. While it is improving most cars get about 10 UK MPG less than it's manual counterpart, because the car changes gear at the 'best' time, not the most economical.

"This is Ford country and on a quiet day you can hear the Vauxhalls rusting."

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GTA-Andy View Post
    Couple of words, fuel economy. While it is improving most cars get about 10 UK MPG less than it's manual counterpart, because the car changes gear at the 'best' time, not the most economical.
    over here it's 1 MAYBE 2 mpg the automatic sacrifices.
    I'm at a point in my life where I don't care if you like me or you don't. If you like me, cool. If you don't, meh.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Let's use a typical affordable family car as an example, a Mondeo 2.0 Ghia X.. First figure's Manual, the other one's Auto

Weight (kg): 1386 - 1432
    Top Speed (mph): 134 - 118
    0-60 (s): 9.6 - 11.1
    Power (bhp): 142 - 142
    MPG: 36 - 31
    CO2 Emissions (g/kg): 187 - 218
    Tax Band: J (£235) - K (£245)

i'm the star in the reasonably priced car!

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Jin:

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mint View Post
    Saying that, a Porsche tiptronic gearbox beats any manul gearbox hands down. Please don't disagree with me unless you have actually driven one.
    Based upon that, please don't tell me it beats manuals unless you have tried a good 100 or so manual cars.

I must say I prefer manual over automatic I like how I have a better feel for the road also generally associated with automatics are endless and endless transmission control settings about how you want it to change gears and what not with a manual none of that messing around.

Also I find it entertaining that the DVLA or whoever find that drivers who pass their test in an automatic are not competent enough to drive a manual and must forever stick to an automatic yet it works both ways for a manual test-passer.

But from an American/Canadian point of view UK are better drivers Quoting two friends (one us and one ca both living in the UK).

The english have the ability to change gears, drive on roads instead of runways and actually use a steering wheel!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Based upon that, please don't tell me it beats manuals unless you have tried a good 100 or so manual cars.

I must say I prefer manual over automatic I like how I have a better feel for the road also generally associated with automatics are endless and endless transmission control settings about how you want it to change gears and what not with a manual none of that messing around.

Also I find it entertaining that the DVLA or whoever find that drivers who pass their test in an automatic are not competent enough to drive a manual and must forever stick to an automatic yet it works both ways for a manual test-passer.

But from an American/Canadian point of view UK are better drivers Quoting two friends (one us and one ca both living in the UK).
    I've driven everything from a 4-speed auto to a 7-speed auto. IMO, the more gears you have, the more control you feel.
    I'm at a point in my life where I don't care if you like me or you don't. If you like me, cool. If you don't, meh.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

manual. except right now because my clutch fluid is leaking.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    They've clearly never been to the East/Southeast of England Drivers here are scary things... But what you quoted is true, we do need to use a steering wheel

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast