HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Automatic cars?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jin
    also generally associated with automatics are endless and endless transmission control settings about how you want it to change gears and what not with a manual none of that messing around.
    I've never drove an automatic car, where from the factory.. you are allowed to change auto transmission parameters.

You can change shift points if you buy an external aftermarket tuner/programmer (SuperChips), but 9 times out of 10 you can't access any settings inside the TCM (Transmission Control Module) without an aftermarket accessory.

The way an automatic transmission works is one of the things you really don't want to give end-users a chance to change things.

One wrong setting can cause extensive wear on the transmission.. and if that car is still under a factory warranty.. then the company would have to assume service of it and replace it.

So they save the hassle and don't let you mess with things.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Grig

Latest Awards:

I will give my view simply. By driving a manual car I think you have more control of the gears.
    Former: HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager, International HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager (Int.), Asst. News Manager, Debates Leader (numerous times) and 9999 other roles, including resident boozehound

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Grig View Post
    I will give my view simply. By driving a manual car I think you have more control of the gears.
    Well no crap.. of course you have more control of the gears.. that's a proven fact considering you're changing them.. so that's not really a view..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Are you paid to promote automatics or something?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimitsui View Post
    Are you paid to promote automatics or something?
    Are you talking to me?

If so, no.. but I'm paid to work on them daily, as well as work on manuals. I like both, but prefer automatics.. as both do the same thing as each other.. just slightly different way.

Auto - Flexplate & Tq Converter

is the same as

Manual - Flywheel & Clutch

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dentafrice View Post
    Are you talking to me?

If so, no.. but I'm paid to work on them daily, as well as work on manuals. I like both, but prefer automatics.. as both do the same thing as each other.. just slightly different way.

Auto - Flexplate & Tq Converter

is the same as

Manual - Flywheel & Clutch
    Ah, so you're promoting your services?

Anyway, at the end of the day people have different opinions. Automatics are good for people who cannot operate gears so typically the elderly are known to use them. But they won't ever be as fuel economic as manual counter-parts, not even with this "turn off when stationary" technology.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Also I find it entertaining that the DVLA or whoever find that drivers who pass their test in an automatic are not competent enough to drive a manual and must forever stick to an automatic yet it works both ways for a manual test-passer.
    Well it makes sense really; if you've never learned to use gears you'll be a hazard on the road trying it, and if you can use gears then an automatic isn't going to present much of a challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Grig View Post
    Whoa no way

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    Anyway, at the end of the day people have different opinions. Automatics are good for people who cannot operate gears so typically the elderly are known to use them.
    Also quite useful if you live somewhere with constant heavy traffic I believe. I'm fine with switching in and out of gear in a jam but I can see why people going through London or NY or something would want an automatic to ease the hassle of it
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Also quite useful if you live somewhere with constant heavy traffic I believe. I'm fine with switching in and out of gear in a jam but I can see why people going through London or NY or something would want an automatic to ease the hassle of it
    True, but if you believe in saving Polar Bears and whales, an automatic and traffic won't save them But if you don't, an automatic is fine for city driving

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Also I find it entertaining that the DVLA or whoever find that drivers who pass their test in an automatic are not competent enough to drive a manual and must forever stick to an automatic yet it works both ways for a manual test-passer.
    In Australia (maybe just Victoria) you can drive any car once you are on your full license, but during your Ps if you get an Auto license, you aren't allowed to drive a manual.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    I find it annoying in my manual, i always seem to get gears 2 and 3 wrong!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    True, but if you believe in saving Polar Bears and whales, an automatic and traffic won't save them But if you don't, an automatic is fine for city driving
    The emissions from an Automatic and Manual are so marginal.. I'm really not sure you can measure them.

It's the same engine.. just a different transmission. The engine creates the emission byproducts.. so once they leave the engine.. the transmission isn't going to add more

A manual has marginal better fuel economy, but when it comes to emissions.. I don't think it has any effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinger View Post
    In Australia (maybe just Victoria) you can drive any car once you are on your full license, but during your Ps if you get an Auto license, you aren't allowed to drive a manual.

I find it annoying in my manual, i always seem to get gears 2 and 3 wrong!
    In America.. once you get your permit (age 15), you can drive any car.. auto or manual.. with a parent.

When you're 16.. you get a limited license.. you can drive any car (auto or manual) without a parent between 5am and 9pm.

When you're 16 1/2 you get a full license where you can drive any car (auto or manual) without a parent anytime.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast