HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    You're missing the point, nobody gains anything from the threads becoming inactive, the only thing that happens is Habbox loses a bit of activity. I don't think we should purposefully lower activity because certain people are gaining imaginary points from it.
    But how is people spamming counted as activity?
    I don't see anyone crying when certain forum games become 'dead'.

And if we're only worried about activity, then surely we should enable post count in the forum games section?

My point is, I don't care if Habbox's stance is 'We care about people boosting' or 'We don't care about people boosting' - they just need to be consistent.

If they care: Disable post count from these spam threads
    If they don't care: Enable/Disable post count everywhere

- - - Updated - - -

Also, does that mean if we have a new 50 'Post your...' threads, then Habbox will celebrate it's new surge in activity?

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Akeam why are you so adamantly ignoring the fact that it's not just post count that gets affected even though it's been stated multiple times
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

And then why do you have a problem with me posting loads of new 'Post your...' threads if it's only increasing activity?

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    But how is people spamming counted as activity?
    I don't see anyone crying when certain forum games become 'dead'.

And if we're only worried about activity, then surely we should enable post count in the forum games section?

My point is, I don't care if Habbox's stance is 'We care about people boosting' or 'We don't care about people boosting' - they just need to be consistent.

If they care: Disable post count from these spam threads
    If they don't care: Enable/Disable post count everywhere
    The fact that people continuously post in those threads shows that there is interest in them. If there wasn't, they would go inactive like all the 'post your' threads which skandair made. Just because you don't use those threads and dislike them doesn't mean others feel the same, and we shouldn't change something when there's virtually nothing lost from them remaining the way they are now.

In response to your 'consistence' worries, again, the rules in spam are very different from outside spam, and there are strict rules in place in those threads to prevent double posting etc which is why post count is enabled in one and not the other.

- - - Updated - - -

And then why do you have a problem with me posting loads of new 'Post your...' threads if it's only increasing activity?
    Do what you want. I personally think that's a ridiculously childish thing to do and doesn't do anything to make your point stronger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Akeam why are you so adamantly ignoring the fact that it's not just post count that gets affected even though it's been stated multiple times
    Are you referring to tokens? If so, how many do you actually gain from one post, and is it a negligible amount?
    Last edited by The Don; 03-04-2014 at 01:15 PM.
    That's when Ron vanished, came back speaking Spanish
    Lavish habits, two rings, twenty carats

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

The fact that people continuously post in those threads shows that there is interest in them. If there wasn't, they would go inactive
    Like forum games when the exact same arguments were made

Are you referring to tokens? If so, how many do you actually gain from one post, and is it a negligible amount?
    No-one's talking about one post
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The fact that people continuously post in those threads shows that there is interest in them. If there wasn't, they would go inactive like all the 'post your' threads which skandair made. Just because you don't use those threads and dislike them doesn't mean others don't like them and we shouldn't change something when there's virtually nothing lost from them remaining the way they are now.

In response to your 'consistence' worries, again, the rules in spam are very different from outside spam, and there are strict rules in place in those threads to prevent double posting etc which is why post count is enabled in one and not the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Do what you want. I personally think that's a ridiculously childish thing to do and doesn't do anything to make your point stronger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quite obviously if post count was enabled in spam, you wouldn't be able to double post.
    And surely the fact the threads only remained active when post count was enabled, shows you what the interest in those threads is?

And this is my point, you don't have a problem with the current 'Post your...' threads, but if I post them, it's ridiculously childish

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that people continuously post in those threads shows that there is interest in them. If there wasn't, they would go inactive like all the 'post your' threads which skandair made. Just because you don't use those threads and dislike them doesn't mean others feel the same, and we shouldn't change something when there's virtually nothing lost from them remaining the way they are now.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

5 per post plus additional tokens for how long a post is (so let's just say 5, considering they're usually one word answers).

So from the examples I posted on the first page, two people alone have earned 6,000-7,000+ tokens from these threads alone.

Tokens
    Habbo
    urmum

Latest Awards:

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

just ignore them lol, they have nothing better to do than moan about things on a habbo forum

Kardan's proved before he can go on about these threads for days

Tokens

Latest Awards:

@TheOneAndOnly; has earned 6,385 tokens from those 4 spam threads - That's 55 credits, or 3 months of donator (£3 loss)
    @Shockwave.2CC; has earned 7,190 tokens from those 4 spam threads - That's 60 credits, or 3 months of VIP (£4.50 loss)

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Like forum games when the exact same arguments were made
    And forum games is considerably less active than before. The motive for people posting in threads is irrelevant and besides the point, and not everybody posting in those threads will fall into the same category. I very much doubt people such as cameron, dan, jen etc post in those threads to cheat the system and get extra tokens or whatever else, that's not me denying that a very small minority do post in there to get extra tokens etc but again, that doesn't affect anybody else in a negative way.

No-one's talking about one post
    Well it's extremely tedious to rack up a large amount of posts in those threads, and if people were that hellbent on getting their post count up to receive extra tokens or whatever else they gain from it, they would just go to new posts and reply to the last so many threads with generic answers. In fact, it's harder to boost your count from the 'Post your' threads due to the strict rules which were put in place recently where you have to wait for so many people to post in order to re-post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quite obviously if post count was enabled in spam, you wouldn't be able to double post.
    And surely the fact the threads only remained active when post count was enabled, shows you what the interest in those threads is?
    Then that removes the whole point of what spam is. Spam with a post count and normal rules is discuss anything, which if I remember correctly you suggested removing not too long ago.

And this is my point, you don't have a problem with the current 'Post your...' threads, but if I post them, it's ridiculously childish
    Because you would be doing it in order to prove some asinine point...
    Last edited by The Don; 03-04-2014 at 01:29 PM.
    That's when Ron vanished, came back speaking Spanish
    Lavish habits, two rings, twenty carats

Tokens

Latest Awards:

And forum games is considerably less active than before. The motive for people posting in threads is irrelevant and besides the point, and not everybody posting in those threads will fall into the same category. I very much doubt people such as cameron, dan, jen etc post in those threads to cheat the system and get extra tokens or whatever else, that's not me denying that a very small minority do post in there to get extra tokens etc but again, that doesn't affect anybody else in a negative way.

Well it's extremely tedious to rack up a large amount of posts in those threads, and if people were that hellbent on getting their post count up to receive extra tokens or whatever else they gain from it, they would just go to new posts and reply to the last so many threads with generic answers. In fact, it's harder to boost your count from the 'Post your' threads due to the strict rules which were put in place recently where you have to wait for so many people to post in order to re-post.
    http://www.habboxforum.com/showthrea...41587&page=175

So that is currently set at 0 people?

- - - Updated - - -

AndI agree @The Don; - I don't think Cameron, Jen post in there to abuse the system, so surely they wouldn't have a problem if they don't get post count for it?

What are they losing out on if the thread gets moved?
    Last edited by Kardan; 03-04-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast