HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP Average.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default MP Average.

Basically, I noticed some of the rigged values, well a couple and I looked at the average, then when some have sold for a lower price, say something sold at 20c when average is 60c, the average will go up instead of down, why does this happen when none have sold for the higher one. I just find it weird and it could be a glitch I guess.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

Which ones in particular? I have noticed some of the averages seem weird compared to the graph though.. Like the pink pillow I think I looked at earlier, and also the ultramarine - the averages seem much lower compared to the recent values on the graph :S.

Not online very often

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Right, as far as I know, the average is the average selling price of the item in the last 2 days.

The graph of average price, is that average of the last two days at each consecutive day.

So it's perfectly possible for the current average to be 300, when the graph is showing an average between 800-900 (you would expect it to drop to 300 tomorrow, or whenever the graph gets updated).

Or at least, that's how I think it works.
    Last edited by Martin; 20-06-2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: posts merged as duplicate post caused by forum lag

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

^ isn't it seven days? I think it says 7 in brackets when you go to the graph page. Only on my iPad atm so can't go online and check . But also I'm sure it said 'average value in the last 7 days' so I guess anything that was more than 7 days ago would just not count, but only be shown on the graph?

Not online very often

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Trainor View Post
    ^ isn't it seven days? I think it says 7 in brackets when you go to the graph page. Only on my iPad atm so can't go online and check . But also I'm sure it said 'average value in the last 7 days' so I guess anything that was more than 7 days ago would just not count, but only be shown on the graph?
    That does ring a bell, I do wonder where I'm getting two days from then...?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    When you put an item up for sale in the marketplace, it'll expire (go unsold) after 2 days/48 hours .

Not online very often

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    They're listed in the MarketPlace for 2 days, that might be why.

What I'm saying is if something is averaged at 100c, someone has bought one for about 30c, wouldn't the average go down not up?

I noticed this mainly with Stately Roofs, when I had mine they were about 17c, then I noticed the jump as they were rigged, but I sold a couple for about 16c in the MarketPlace afterwards and the average went up?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post

What I'm saying is if something is averaged at 100c, someone has bought one for about 30c, wouldn't the average go down not up?

I noticed this mainly with Stately Roofs, when I had mine they were about 17c, then I noticed the jump as they were rigged, but I sold a couple for about 16c in the MarketPlace afterwards and the average went up?
    OHH I know what you mean. And I know why, but it's hard to explain.

Let's say it goes:
    day 0: 15c
    day 1: 20c
    day 2: 20c
    day 3: 20c
    day 4: 20c
    day 5: 20c
    day 6: 1000c
    day 7: 50c

on day 5 the average would have been 20c, then on day 6 it'd be 157c, but then on day 7 despite the price going down from day 6, the average would be 161c. Took me ages to make an example that works LOL, but do you see what I mean? Like the lower prices from 7 days ago are being cut off and so the average moves higher up the slope of where it was rigged on the graph.

Not online very often

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post

Mr-Trainor; explained it perfectly. Also, you don't know if someone did just buy a expensively high priced item, hence the average going up.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Trainor View Post
    OHH I know what you mean. And I know why, but it's hard to explain.

Let's say it goes:
    day 0: 15c
    day 1: 20c
    day 2: 20c
    day 3: 20c
    day 4: 20c
    day 5: 20c
    day 6: 1000c
    day 7: 50c

on day 5 the average would have been 20c, then on day 6 it'd be 157c, but then on day 7 despite the price going down from day 6, the average would be 161c. Took me ages to make an example that works LOL, but do you see what I mean? Like the lower prices from 7 days ago are being cut off and so the average moves higher up the slope of where it was rigged on the graph.
    Yeah, but people have still been buying them so why would it go up I don't get that bit?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast