HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: app?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Default app?

why does like every app have a part for your forum name

Surely managers (even @Mathew; )are capable of reading who sent the PM?

never understood this.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

to make the applications look longer, i thought everyone knew that

/thread
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens
    Habbo
    Grig

Latest Awards:

I don't get why does HabboxLive need a separate forum account, as all their apps go through to an e-mail.

Also, forum names are for some depts. so that they can contact you on the forum for a trial.
    Last edited by Grig; 18-04-2012 at 03:07 PM.
    Former: HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager, International HabboxLive Manager, Asst. HabboxLive Manager (Int.), Asst. News Manager, Debates Leader (numerous times) and 9999 other roles, including resident boozehound

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

srs response pls.

---------- Post added 18-04-2012 at 04:13 PM ----------

habboxlive is different

every dept = you PM manager/asst manager, only habbox you email (afaik)

So only hxl needs to have that included, as every other dept will receive a PM from the user who's applying.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

I actually don't have an answer for this because nearly all applications are based on the forum which would mean their forum user name gets included. I can see the exception for Forum Moderators when it asks you for any previous names/accounts.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Can't really see a reason for this other than I know in the past some managers have copied applications from the PM's straight into wordpad or into an applications thread in their managers subforum etc to check through and read later if applications are on another account or to go through with assistant managers etc. I don't know if that makes any sense, it probably doesn't, but I know thats how some have done it in the past, since I guess its just a way of looking at them all together rather than logging into the seperate applications account and going through them one by one.

Applications being copied into a thread/word thingee are the only reason I could see having forum name in the application as being useful. It's only a minor thing however and I'm not really sure it matters too much since its just one extra word they have to include in the application. Kind of like when you are filling in forms and stuff in the real world even though its addressed to you and its clear its you, they still ask for your name and stuff most the time as just a little procedure.

For community departments its also quite nice seeing HabboxForum Name and Habbo Name next to each other in the application itself so you can deduct whether they will need a forum name change to match their Habbo name etc. I know you could just as easily look at the name of the sender of the PM, but sometimes its just nice to have it included in the actual application.

None of that probably made any sense and I'm probably wrong, but I guess that could be one reason why its been there all these years. I don't think it needs to be there generally though and I guess its up to managers whether to include it or not.
    Last edited by Martin; 18-04-2012 at 03:26 PM.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I imagine it's mostly just one of those things that's just such a small thing that no-one's really been that bothered/is not on the list of priorities to change it although Martin has said quite a few good reasons to keep it as it is so it probably will remain.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    Surely managers (even @Mathew; )are capable of reading who sent the PM?
    shut up ;l

Yeah Martin has pretty much hit the nail on the head as to why we choose to include that field. It's always been on the Applications "template" for Events, but I chose to keep it a couple of months ago when I added a few extra questions. When I receive an application, I copy and paste it into an applications thread for both Cameron and Rosy to view. It's good to have all the information in one place. If they didn't add it themselves, then I'd have to add it. I suppose it just saves the manager a job!

you don't half come out with the most pointless questions.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

it's not pointless its srs!!!

so ultimately its down to managers laziness!! ok

i just had no idea why it was asked and seemed kinda stupid but fair enough.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

More effort has been made in replies to this thread than there ever has been in just writing the name and not caring.

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    I actually don't have an answer for this because nearly all applications are based on the forum which would mean their forum user name gets included. I can see the exception for Forum Moderators when it asks you for any previous names/accounts.
    Well, we all know that doesn't actually work *cough*apple*cough*.
    Chippiewill.