HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Book Discussion/Challenge 2015

Hellooo, okay for 2015 I actually want to get properly back into reading and books (was going to in 2014 but no motivation whatsoever) so I've set myself a small challenge of 12 books in a year. I've also put it onto the Reading Challenge thing that Goodreads do (thank you for the 2014 thread shar) and the link is here for 2015 https://www.goodreads.com/challenges...ding-challenge.

SO I think it'd be cool if some of us can get together and

A) Set your own 2015 personal targets and whatnot for how many books you're going to read etc.
    B) Discuss our progress in this thread yeahh???
    C) List some of the books we're gonna read.

Yeah it's not that great an idea but this forum doesn't get an excessive amount of activity so it'd be nice to add to it.
    --
    For 2015 I reallyyyy want to read a Stephen King book, I've been thinking about Carrie or The Shining but I'm not sure which one to go forrr. I started reading IT years ago but I got scared really easily back then :/. Also I might check out Looking For Alaska as I know that's quite a hyped one and I've wanted to read something by John Green for a while now

These are two more that I found last year (refound them today woo) https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-now-i-see-you & https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...om_choice=true but I doubt anyone here has heard of them. OH and I want to read some philosophy books but yessss
    --
    Okay yes if you'd like then do abc please^^^^ I'll tag handful of people I know post in here a bit @Empired; @Shonly; @Hannah; @Abi; @-Amyy; @Yupt;
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    kromium

Latest Awards:

omg i remember last year's thread lmao i read like ten books TOTAL what a **** disaster

Okay but currently I am reading:

Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami (couldn't finish last bits)
    And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie (supposedly Agatha's best. If you're into crime novels do read this one it's pretty good)

Hopefully I will finish both at the end of next week. Will keep updating okay this is cool please don't let this thread die!
    anyway

Tokens

Latest Awards:

if you want to read something stephen king i recommend 1408, although it's only a short story.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Circadia

Latest Awards:

I'm going to try and do these in 2015:
    • Finish the first book in The Mortal Instruments series. Which is going to be hard because that book is so ******* slow, I've tried to read it twice, once in Year 8 and once in 2014.
    • Finish reading Paper Towns & An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
    • Finish reading The Happiness Hypothesis by Jonathan Haidt
    • Finish reading Palace of the Damned and start Brothers to the Death by Darren Shan
    • Start Specials by Scott Westerfeld
    • Possibly reread The Hunger Games/Divergent/Delirium trilogy's

So that's basically read 16 books
    Also Looking for Alaska is my favourite John Green book by far

'On top of the world, on top of it all,
    trying to feel invincible.'

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

@Abi; Specials was really good but left me brokenhearted! Have you heard of Extras? It's the same world as Tally and David's world but a few years on and from the perspective of someone else. I would recommend it as it was nowhere near as good as the Uglies trilogy!

And @Intersocial; I can recommend some different books if you're stuck on what to read If you want to read something by Stephen King but you're not really into scary stuff, I'll suggest The Enemy by Charlie Higson. I heard him talk about writing but it's young adult horror rather so not as full on as Stephen King.

If you want to read a John Green book go for Looking for Alaska or Paper Towns, not The Fault in our Stars. Most people love TFioS but I thought it was overrated tbh

Also you must must MUST go for at least one classic if you want to read! (Honestly, sometimes I get asked what I'm reading in interviews and I look so fantastic if I can chat about Jane Austen.) Although I can see Jane Austen might not be your kind of thing so I'll recommend Frankenstein or The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. AND if you read Frankenstein, go on to read Mister Creecher by Chris Priestly - it adds to it really nicely.

And have you read any Terry Pratchett before?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeah I've already seen Tfios film (I know the book will have more in it!!!!!!1!) so I think that's kinda ruined any prospect of me reading the book as I know the major events Heard a lot of rave over Looking For Alaska so I will probably stick to that one.

Have heard of Terry Pratchett but never actually read anything written by him @Empired;

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    if you want to read something stephen king i recommend 1408, although it's only a short story.
    Short story seems like a good place to start off, thanks I'll give that book a check!!
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Intersocial View Post
    Have heard of Terry Pratchett but never actually read anything written by him @Empired;
    http://www.goodreads.com/series/40650-discworld

GO GO GO

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quickly browsing the first book disc that sounds like a really weird book series Charlie LOL. I might give it a look but ''extreme'' fantasy isn't really my forte
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Oh don't then if you don't like PROPER fantasy ;l ;l ;l. It's very weird but makes me laugh every time.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well excuse me PROPER fantasy then. Yeah I usually prefer fiction that is based around the real world + people (who don't have magical powers ) sorry D:
    Last edited by MKR&*42; 02-01-2015 at 07:31 PM.
    /

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast