HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: Windows Phone

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Windows Phone

Heyy

Just wondering if anyone happens to have moved over from Android or iOS to Windows Phone 8(or 8.1)?

I am considering making the move, but am still slightly split. The lack of apps in Windows Phone is a concern (although I know that Windows 10 is coming, that still doesn't mean lots of new good apps...)

If you have made this move, how did you find the change? What was good? What was bad?

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

I used to have a Windows Phone, I was on one of the first generations I believe. The device was an HTC 7 Mozart. While the operating system was stable and I didn't have any problems with lag/slowness the apps were the biggest concern to me. It's also what made me jump platform and get my first iOS device which was an iPhone 5 back 2 years ago now.

Personally I would wait and see what Windows 10 does to their mobile platform and if the developers start creating the apps that the phone needs. As I think this might be Microsoft's last chance of trying something with their mobile OS.

Up to you though and there has been changes made since I've been on the platform.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    I used to have a Windows Phone, I was on one of the first generations I believe. The device was an HTC 7 Mozart. While the operating system was stable and I didn't have any problems with lag/slowness the apps were the biggest concern to me. It's also what made me jump platform and get my first iOS device which was an iPhone 5 back 2 years ago now.

Personally I would wait and see what Windows 10 does to their mobile platform and if the developers start creating the apps that the phone needs. As I think this might be Microsoft's last chance of trying something with their mobile OS.

Up to you though and there has been changes made since I've been on the platform.

Cheers, Matt. In the market for a new device at the moment (my current device now being over 3 years old!) and really need a great low-light camera - which the Lumia 930 offers. However, the lack of apps are indeed a concern for me too.

Not sure if I can hold out for another six months or so I believe the new M9 camera is sub-par, not seen about the S6 camera yet (lack of reviews). There is a great iPhone 6 deal at the moment, but sadly only for the 16gb model which simply isn't enough space for me

Tokens
    Habbo
    MotorStefan95

I moved over to Windows Phone from Android nearly 2 years ago and got a Nokia Lumia 620. Back when it came out, it was the best phone for that price range that I seen. I was a bit skeptical about Windows Phone due to the lack of apps and different user experience, however after using it for about 2 weeks I started to like it more and more. Sure, there might not be as many apps as Android or iOS but it has improved slightly and hopefully Windows 10 will bring more apps to the table.

At the end of the day, it is your decision but I would recommend at least trying Windows Phone on a cheaper handset to find out whether you like it or not. Some people (like me)absolutely love Windows Phone while others don't. Its just personal preference I guess.

Tokens
    Habbo
    iBlueBox

Latest Awards:

Hahaha, Windows Phones... tried one for a few days, the interface was ok. But the app market was just terrible. Though I have noticed they are starting to sell a bit better in work.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by MotorStefan95 View Post
    I moved over to Windows Phone from Android nearly 2 years ago and got a Nokia Lumia 620. Back when it came out, it was the best phone for that price range that I seen. I was a bit skeptical about Windows Phone due to the lack of apps and different user experience, however after using it for about 2 weeks I started to like it more and more. Sure, there might not be as many apps as Android or iOS but it has improved slightly and hopefully Windows 10 will bring more apps to the table.

At the end of the day, it is your decision but I would recommend at least trying Windows Phone on a cheaper handset to find out whether you like it or not. Some people (like me)absolutely love Windows Phone while others don't. Its just personal preference I guess.
    Thanks for your thoughts! I have used it briefly, I have few concerns about the interface, just how out feels not move across on a permanent basis!

Quote Originally Posted by iBlueBox View Post
    Hahaha, Windows Phones... tried one for a few days, the interface was ok. But the app market was just terrible. Though I have noticed they are starting to sell a bit better in work.
    I didn't expect much of a response from an iSheep lol

Tokens
    Habbo
    iBlueBox

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by conservative View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts! I have used it briefly, I have few concerns about the interface, just how out feels not move across on a permanent basis!

I didn't expect much of a response from an iSheep lol
    I'm no iSheep.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by iBlueBox View Post
    I'm no iSheep.
    No iSheep, but iBlueBox

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

My secondary phone is a Windows Phone. It doesn't seem too bad, but I do prefer iOS (which is what my primary phone is running). And I can't argue with the comment above about the lack of apps, at least in comparison to other OS'.

Not online very often