HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Default Netflix: Now Streaming Worldwide

At his CES keynote today, Reed Hastings announced that Netflix was going live in 130 new countries. The list includes massive new audiences like Russia, India, and South Korea. It's a huge expansion of the company's footprint, with China the notable exception to major markets where you can now stream its content.

Today's announcement basically triples the company's distribution. "Today you are witnessing the birth of a new global internet TV network," said Hastings. "With this launch, consumers around the world — from Singapore to St. Petersburg, from San Francisco to Sao Paulo — will be able to enjoy TV shows and movies simultaneously — no more waiting. With the help of the internet, we are putting power in consumers’ hands to watch whenever, wherever, and on whatever device."

Netflix says that its service "won't be available in Crimea, North Korea, and Syria due to US government restrictions on American companies." And major series like House of Cards and Orange is The New Black may not be available in markets where Netflix doesn't own the distribution rights. But the company is increasingly moving to own those rights for its original content, with an eye toward maximizing the return it can get on paying to produce new films and series.
    Source: http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/6/107...n-russia-india

Always nice to see such services expanding around the world to be honest - Nice one Netflix.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 06-01-2016 at 07:36 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    thms

Latest Awards:

really cool! hope they make more shows available in all countries, uk gets such a crappy selection compared to u.s but then there's some on uk that i'm sure americans would like on other theirs

Tokens
    Habbo
    Flairr

Latest Awards:

Probably the biggest shock to come out of the CES Conference this year to be honest, of course its likely everyone will continue to access the US Library via methods but paying in their local countries which is what I do. Very impressive and supposedly the next item on their agenda is getting the libraries as close to identical as possible.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by thms View Post
    really cool! hope they make more shows available in all countries, uk gets such a crappy selection compared to u.s but then there's some on uk that i'm sure americans would like on other theirs
    Quote Originally Posted by Flairr View Post
    Probably the biggest shock to come out of the CES Conference this year to be honest, of course its likely everyone will continue to access the US Library via methods but paying in their local countries which is what I do. Very impressive and supposedly the next item on their agenda is getting the libraries as close to identical as possible.
    I think the reason the UK has a poor choice of films is due to Sky getting most newer films first. You can use proxy services among other things but I think it's technically against their terms so you could end up possibly getting your account cancelled

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by thms View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peteyt View Post
    I think the reason the UK has a poor choice of films is due to Sky getting most newer films first. You can use proxy services among other things but I think it's technically against their terms so you could end up possibly getting your account cancelled

The problem is TV show and movie licensing across the world sucks and that's why the UK can't always have the same as the US netflix. It's a shame it isn't much easier and simple as it would really help the fight against pirates which is what these streaming services all about. But those industries are always about £££££$$$$$

But yeah you can easily watch US Netflix via VPNs and other services with ease.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    The problem is TV show and movie licensing across the world sucks and that's why the UK can't always have the same as the US netflix. It's a shame it isn't much easier and simple as it would really help the fight against pirates which is what these streaming services all about. But those industries are always about £££££$$$$$

But yeah you can easily watch US Netflix via VPNs and other services with ease.
    Yeah. I find the TV shows are good but I can browse and browse for ages and not find a film I fancy. It's basically greed.

It's like taylor swift taking her music off Spotify because she wasn't making enough money from it. The problem is people use these services because it's easier than downloading but if people can't get what they want a lot will revert back to downloading

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Still doesnt work in Qatar

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMerc View Post
    Still doesnt work in Qatar
    You sure? Netflix show it as one of the countries that it is available in.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/14164
    http://dohanews.co/netflix-starts-st...vies-in-qatar/

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    You sure? Netflix show it as one of the countries that it is available in.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/14164
    http://dohanews.co/netflix-starts-st...vies-in-qatar/
    Nah I get a shitty little message like this

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMerc View Post
    Nah I get a shitty little message like this

Strange

Previous Habbox Roles