HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by bobbles
    DO NOT GET THE EURO IT *****S UP PRICES AND MAKES YOUR CURRENCY VERY WEAK you have been warned
    all I know is every Irish person that I know regrets us getting the euro and we never wanted it in the first place
    I thought youre name said b00bies =OOOOOOOo
    IM NAUGHTY! LMAOOOOO

Concentric - Super Mod
    Please do not post in a debate unless you wish to make an arguement regarding the debate topic.
    Last edited by Concentric; 09-01-2006 at 09:45 PM.

Woo at star idea, got 2 sexy pink stars now

I DONT KNOW HOW MODERATORS SLEEP AT NIGHT -CRI-

Tokens

Latest Awards:

britain is not more special than any other country so yes it should

Tokens

I wanna stick with the good ol' British pound. It makes us individual and traditional, I think we should keep the royals on our coins!
    I don't do signatures. I do autographs

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Hasnt some parts of the UK already using them?

I think that we will be using Euros very soon but i find it all Confusing, its like sending me to America and asking how much for that Shoe. It would be good fun seeing new money and prices Might change.

But if we were to go with the Euro everybody would have to learn what a coin stands for. Also they would need to redo all computers because they would need to take off the £ Sign and put in a Euro sign.

And if we do get the Euro, try to save ALL your Pounds. they will be world tones when your really old

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by .
    Hasnt some parts of the UK already using them?

I think that we will be using Euros very soon but i find it all Confusing, its like sending me to America and asking how much for that Shoe. It would be good fun seeing new money and prices Might change.

But if we were to go with the Euro everybody would have to learn what a coin stands for. Also they would need to redo all computers because they would need to take off the £ Sign and put in a Euro sign.

And if we do get the Euro, try to save ALL your Pounds. they will be world tones when your really old
    Urm.
    No problems with price rates as you would get so many eruos for your pounds, all prices would be in euros, eruos to euros? where the confusion?

Coins are currancy i dont realy see them as standing for anything and the Euro sign is already included on any new keyboards "/

Eruos would change notes as well as coins "/ Plus chance are it will be a few genirations before they become valueable.

Athogh i still oppose the euro due to the echonicmic problems that come with it such as haveing to comprimse in arias we could otherwize optimise the currancy for "/

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by luayminator
    britain is not more special than any other country so yes it should
    Who said Britain was 'more special'? Wanting to keep a peice of national identity and control over our own economy is not boasting, it's common sense.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Curry-N-Rice Girl video
    Pure Pwnage
    Posting and You
    Drum Machine

Put your wasted CPU power towards curing cancer;

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Concentric
    Who said Britain was 'more special'? Wanting to keep a peice of national identity and control over our own economy is not boasting, it's common sense.
    Personly i dont belive in a sence of natonal identy, britishness is a passport IMO no more, where becomeing a global echonemy natonal identy will become a thing of the past, and so it should less for people to war over.

Econicly i agree thogh, being able to control our own currancy means we can optemise it for the market a contary is compeating in, rather than being forced to comprise with other contarys which need the rates set for a complty diffent set of goals, and by the euro both loose out rather than both being able to optermise it.

Tokens

i hate euro, i prefer pounds much better, dollars wudnt be bad :p, but euro i dont like..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

First of I can never see what the big fuss is? Ok sure people like the British Currency yeah? But at the same time we are part or EU so why don't we go to the euro? why you ask?people are scared of change. I like the euro I have been to france twice last year and found the money easy to count e.c.t. It's not exactly like it will be so that big of a change.

There is one bad point I could come to and this would be having to learning the currency using maths. That would be so bad .

Overall I think let's change to euro it's time for change!!!!.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Why change to the euro when we already have a stable currency?
    Changing to the euro may seem like a simple concept, but it certainly isn't.
    It will cost billions just to change the currency, and then comes the cost of changing or replacing every single public machine that accepts currency.

There is the high risk of economic shock, the entire population will want be enchanging their currency, imagine the frustration it will cause.

Not only that there will also always be the potential risk that a member country could collapse financially and adversely affect the entire system.

I just don't think it is worth the risk, even though it has it's advantages, like increased trade across borders, it could boost tourism between Europe, and UK business can expand more easily into neighboring countries, however, the UK is a wealthy, independant country.

If the Euro was introduced to the UK, it would cost an awful lot of money, so even if the euro was succesful, it would take years to replace the money spent on replacing the pound and public machines.

Therefore, I don't think the UK is ready for the Euro.
    Last edited by Pulchritudinous; 19-01-2006 at 03:29 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast