HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Automatic cars?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by tdi View Post
    how can traffic and gauges affect gear changes? it's not like you have to look at what gear you're engaging?
    No.. on my truck I have multiple controls just for certain things.. I have a water-methanol injecton system that I have to constantly monitor my boost, to turn the amount of methanol injected up..

I also have to watch my EGTs (exhaust gas temperature).. which goes along with the methanol injection to cool it down.

I also have to watch how high my trans temp gets, so I can manually turn on my transmission coolers.

I also then have to turn the power levels up and down on my performance chip to keep in line with each of those.

So one hand is always steering, and another hand is always on some sort of control.. not to mention I have to push my exhaust brake going down hills.. as well as look out who's around me with a 40-50ft goose neck trailer that I'm pulling.

As well as utilize my trailer brakes.

It's harder then you think

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think manual transmission cars are for smaller engines so you can maximize power. The Honda Accord comes with a manual option for the 4-cylinder option, but not for the V6. I have the V6 and whenever I need extra power, I press on the gas!
    I'm at a point in my life where I don't care if you like me or you don't. If you like me, cool. If you don't, meh.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Metric1 View Post
    I think manual transmission cars are for smaller engines so you can maximize power. The Honda Accord comes with a manual option for the 4-cylinder option, but not for the V6. I have the V6 and whenever I need extra power, I press on the gas!
    Is your car a V6T or is it N/A?

i'm the star in the reasonably priced car!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Just floor it son.. you've got passing gear

Tokens

Latest Awards:

see in a high performance saloon/estate such as an RS4/RS6 for example, I'd much prefer manual gearbox as I'm sure most buyers did which is why the auto boxes are quite uncommon, tiptronic boxes are alright I suppose but manual ftw!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I can't drive tbh :L

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by LifeAsItIs View Post
    I can't drive tbh :L
    brilliant comment and generally an excellent contribution to the thread.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It was VERY useful !

I prefer automatic although it has been about 2 years since I have driven one.. I currently own a manual and i enjoy driving that too..

so actually, to contradict myself, i don't mind what i drive

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Peoples conception of automatic cars is really quite shocking. Of course its down to personal preference, but our famly has had autos for the last 8 years and they have all been fine. You feel like you dont have enough control of the gears? fair point, but 99% of autos have a manual mode where you can override the gearbox and put it into whatever gear you want to.

Autos are much more relaxed (in my opinion) than a manual, besides complaints over "sluggish" gear changes very largely depend on the car, and engine, therefore you cant assume all autos are like each other.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You don't really override anything.. you basically give the engine an idea of when you want to shift.

Yeah you can shift up real fast from first to third.. but your engine is not going to actually put the shift into effect until the RPMs reach the necessary range.

That's why with AutoStick, your shifts are usually delayed a few seconds.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast