HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Splooosh

Latest Awards:

Default Are Tesco avoiding to hire teenagers?

Right.

I did Work Experience for Tesco back in January of 2008 and at the end of the placement, I was told I was welcome to become an employer when I left School. So I tried to apply last June. I went to the Customer Service desk and told them about my Work Placement I did with them and that I was allowed to work for Tesco when I left bla bla bla. Then they said "Sorry we aren't hiring anyone atm, keep checking the Job Vacancies board then apply when there's something there". Since then, there's been nothing on that board telling me about jobs (I visit there daily after college and always look at the board). But since last October I have seen new people who are working for them, people who are about over 25.

So are Tesco trying to avoid us?

:|

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

Hmm it's technically discrimination to not employ people because of their age (Assuming they are of the right age), it's breaking quite serious laws if it is the case.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pyroka

Latest Awards:

It is discrimination, age discrimation in fact. The government are quite big on it now. I applied for Tesco for a job and tbh, I wouldn't be shook by it. I'm pretty sure they don't want young people because they'd rather have full time staff as to part time, plus you cant do night shifts.

-:Undertaker:- is online now Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I know I would rather employ older people with more common sense than spotty mop-head teenagers who mumble every word.

Tokens

They're probably filling fulltime positions, if you're right and they are new employees at the bottom end of the tier of course. I should imagine they'd like teenagers because they pay you less.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Check their website they might have vancancies on there, I know some shops in my town advertise online and not instore.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well you have to think that unless you are applying full time your availability will be not as flexible as someone willing to work full time. Plus if you're under 18 too it makes working full days difficult.

Image removed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which exceed the maximum limits for your usergroup.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

they could be people from other stores though..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Nope. These people could either be replacements or people you've never seen (say night crew)

not only thAt, I know Morrisons have application forms for ages after they've been recieved.

Plus, why would you want tescos?! I've heard there management is baaadd and that the pay often goes wrong

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think ifuseekamy raises a good point. If they're hiring new staff and they appear to be a bit older then it may be that they are just filling full time vacancies that teenagers don't tend to take on. Supermarkets certainly tend to lean toward hiring younger staff, so it might be that they dont have any part time vacancies. Jobs are getting whipped up like theres no tomorrow at the moment and when people have them they're tending to cling on as much as possible to them, meaning the less people move onto other things the less vacancies there'll be. In this climate I doubt companies are going to be expanding their staff quota much more any time soon.
    Sammeth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast