HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

yer why not

moderator alert Edited by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): Please post constructively in the debates forum
    Last edited by Jordan; 03-04-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

To be honest, I think prostitution should be legalised. If you go to Amsterdam prostitution is a whole other world compared to here. It's a lot safer (safe sex) I think it's essential that the man wears a condom in Amsterdam, of course there are still risks but not as big as the ones over here in the UK.

Over here a lot of people feel they have nowhere else to turn so decide prostitution will be their only escape. Most get addicted to drugs so then need more money to feed their addicted, it's a vicious cycle and I think if prostitution was legalised and controlled properly we could cut down on so many issues which prostitution causes.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If someone is doing it out of their own free will, with appropriate security precautions in place and not to drugs then I see absolutely no problem with it. It's a flexible job and as long as the person taking part feels capable of it and is responsible and cautionary then ok.

tumblr
    | twitter | lastfm
    skype name: rosierozi

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ellz

Latest Awards:

i wouldnt say it exactly a nice thing to have to do but in some cases, thats people last resort or they have no way of making a living for themselves. I think its okay to an extent and that there are security precautions in place to ensure saftety of anyone doing it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

Since when has contraception been called a "Security Precautions". If someone said to me in the bedroom "Are we going to take any security precautions?" I'd probably reply that I've locked the front door.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Grig View Post
    There have been statistics released earlier this year that a greater number of British students have been turning to prostitution in order to help fund their education. This statistic may actually grow with tuition fees for tertiary institutions across Britain being raised three times from this September.
    Is there a source for this? I don't doubt that the stats exist but would be good to see what the actual data is

Quote Originally Posted by Grig View Post
    However, those against this say that it firstly is risky in terms of sexual diseases and obviously those in the sex industry have a much higher chance of contracting such diseases. Furthermore, they say it exploits women, making them be treated almost as objects.
    The first of these is negligible in that plenty of people have copious amounts of unprotected sex without it being a trade (so no, it's not "obvious" at all) and the second is ridiculous as sex workers would/should be consenting to their work - and if there's no consent, it's rape rather than work

Quote Originally Posted by Kanzar View Post
    I disagree, You see Sex is classed as something for someone in a relationship not to be shared in my opinion, and its not exactly a normal job. I would look down apon someone who sells their body for money- also many girls get forced into this was of life, so by making it legal for them to do it would throw a massive loop hole in the legal system, Seeing girls on the street trying to sell their bodies while on the way to get a take away is not a great night for me sorry to say.
    You haven't actually given a reason here, you've basically just said "it's wrong because I think so"

Quote Originally Posted by Meloneeze. View Post
    I think that this debate has just all kinds of wrong in it, allow me to explain:First of all, lets talk state-wide. In some cities if there's a lot of prostitutes on the street( underage and old n' wrinkly), it leads many people to think that the street is dirty.
    Street-walking is not the same as corporate prostitution, and underage sex is illegal no matter what changes hands in the process. Using that argument is somewhat like saying football should be illegal because sometimes people commit fouls

Plus some kids( you know what I mean, eighteen or something) aren't emotionally prepared to have sex with someone, let alone a total stranger.
    Then they shouldn't do it. Saying that something is ok doesn't mean everyone has to take part. There's no moral objection to rolling around in manure but it's not something I plan to do

if they do whatever they want doesn't that break the whole society? I mean, pretty much the whole country of America( dont know how London or them works,) runs on the basic foundation of you follow a specific ruling and benefit from the rewards i.e when you go to work, you have to do what your told or, well, your pretty much fired( unless you do better then you're told to do), but if when you worked you just started to do the opposing of your main goal, it would tilt the balance of ordinary.
    I don't really know where to start with this paragraph, it's just all wrong. You say that people do as they're told in order to reap the benefits (basic job structure) but suggest that this is somehow missing from prostitution, which is rather odd considering sex workers very literally get paid to provide a service for someone else - it's a transaction just like any other. As for doing "whatever they want", are you honestly suggesting that people ought to be entirely regimented and have no liberty concerning their lifestyle choices?

Of course, some of you may argue that Prostitution IS a job, and to that I would agree, that it's perfectly okay for people to continue with prostitution, but if they don't have the necessary protection and balance with their lives( i.e. ready to support a baby), then it would be wise of them to abstain from economical sex.
    "Don't have sex until you can afford a baby"... I'm fairly sure that birth control is real and effective. So now you think that everyone should do always exactly as they're told by society and that poor people shouldn't have sex, fab

I also understand that some prostitutes are doing this for tuition? This is a very stupid route to take in my opinion, partly because this is NOT THE ONLY JOB YOU CAN GET TO PAY TUITION
    No but it is a very easy one which requires very little time in order to earn a lot of money. That doesn't sound stupid to me

AND NOTHING YOU DO DURING SEX IS GOING TO GET YOU PAID ANY HIGHER. This is a vital sentence because many women think that if they arouse their client more, they will dish out a higher payout. THIS IS STUPID, STUPID, STUPID WRONG!! No matter how hard you try, the laws of trying again just aren't in use here, simply because with sex and prostitution, you don't win.
    Would you like to actually explain this, or is it going to be a case of "I HAVE SAID SO THEREFORE IT IS RIGHT"? What stats do you have concerning any tips given by sex trade clients? What possible reason can you have for believing that customer satisfaction is not extremely important when it comes to prostitution?

And many girls that submit to prostitution are under the age of 21, and how the heck to heaven and BEYOND are you going to pay for a baby that you don't even know the father to?
    Birth control birth control birth control birth control birth control birth control birth control. Maybe if I say it enough times you'll believe that it exists

For my final opinion: I think that prostitution is unhealthy for hygiene reasons( genital warts, AIDs, herpies, ect, ect, ect, ect,), is dangerous( I mean, what if the guy you were 'doing' was a stalker/serial killer? Slim chance, yes, but still...), and is just gross( considering the 'modest'(sarcasm) appearance you put on the street. Also, prostitution affects the way people perceive you, as well.). So, my final sentence, just abstain from it if you don't want more trouble.
    The first two (hygiene, safety) are not restricted to the sex trade and are risks that you run in ANY intimate encounter (and indeed, pretty much any manual labour job), but if prostitution was made into a legal trade it would be properly regulated and enforced with regular tests and surveillance, which would actually make it pretty much the safest way to have sex. As for it being "gross", that's entirely subjective and in no way detracts from it being a genuine commerce regardless of how many closed-minded people decide to judge you for it
    Last edited by FlyingJesus; 03-04-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'd do anything for the right amount of money. I'd like to see somebody turn down unlimited amounts of money in exchange for sex. Everyone has their price, you can say "I'M NOT A ****" - but does it really matter whether you're a **** or not when you're set up for the rest of your life?
    I'm at a point in my life where I don't care if you like me or you don't. If you like me, cool. If you don't, meh.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Metric1 View Post
    unlimited amounts of money
    It becomes pretty irrelevant after the first few billion.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    It becomes pretty irrelevant after the first few billion.
    Say somebody would pay you one billion dollars or pounds or whatever currency you deal with in exchange for sleeping with them. Are you going to say no?
    I'm at a point in my life where I don't care if you like me or you don't. If you like me, cool. If you don't, meh.

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Metric1 View Post
    I'd do anything for the right amount of money. I'd like to see somebody turn down unlimited amounts of money in exchange for sex. Everyone has their price, you can say "I'M NOT A ****" - but does it really matter whether you're a **** or not when you're set up for the rest of your life?
    I would argue that some people wouldn't have a price. Admittedly most/everyone people on this forum has a price but what about a nun, an elderly woman in a happy 60 year-old marriage, someone who is already a billionaire or someone with AIDs for instance. A few examples of people who probably wouldn't be bothered.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast