HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

In a legal sense then yes, should people wish to sell their bodies then let them do so - provided i'm not paying for anything related to that practice (free condoms, 'regulation', health services) via taxation.

In a moral sense I would argue no, of course not. The idea of something as intimate as sex as a business frankly repulses me and that is not even mentioning the element of danger posed to women and men involved in this activity. I think the idea of selling your body is demeaning to both parties involved and overall I am tired of the usual "sex is normal therefore we should do it for any reason, anytime, any place" argument.

I think the attitudes in this thread are quite frightening, with those opposed to low moral standards being described as 'bigoted' by one member even. But this strange change in opinion is clearly from the 1960s cultural revolution and the sexual revolution which followed it - the low standards people hold now are a direct consquence of that revolution which has led to the Church (the guardian of morality) being laughed at and dismissed. I simply ask those who wish to see the revolution continued whether or not they can point to a civilisation as successful as ours that has survived the destruction of its culture and system of morality for what are purely dogmatic reasons.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 05-04-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    I think the attitudes in this thread are quite frightening, with those opposed to low moral standards being described as 'bigoted' by one member even.
    A "just because" attitude is exactly what bigoted means. It could potentially be argued that bigotism isn't an inherently bad thing, but you can't argue about definitions

But this strange change in opinion is clearly from the 1960s cultural revolution and the sexual revolution which followed it
    Entirely untrue as any historian could quite easily point out, not that there's anything wrong with the sexual revolution. One could just as easily (and just as wrongly) state that "the strange change in opinion scandalising sex is clearly from the 500s cultural revolution and the sexual persecution which followed", but neither such argument can or should claim to be the only correct stance. Personal morals have no place affecting anyone else, and while people are certainly allowed to say that they do not like the idea of prostitution, it shouldn't be said that it is 100% wrong at all times for all people, which is what this debate asks. In terms of this topic your answer really only needed the first sentence...

I simply ask those who wish to see the revolution continued whether or not they can point to a civilisation as successful as ours that has survived the destruction of its culture and system of morality for what are purely dogmatic reasons.
    No, we've survived the (partial) destruction of culture and changes to morality for logical and individual libertarian reasons, not dogmatic ones. If it was dogma we'd all be told that we absolutely must be out having sex with everyone all the time. Bit of a daft question anyway considering humans are the only cultural civilisation we know of
    Last edited by FlyingJesus; 05-04-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    A "just because" attitude is exactly what bigoted means. It could potentially be argued that bigotism isn't an inherently bad thing, but you can't argue about definitions
    If opposing people selling their bodies makes me and others bigoted, I don't know what that makes you - it certainly doesn't make you enlightened as you new age 'thinkers' or self-described 'progressives' like to think. Indeed, I see nothing progressive about selling our bodies for sex, rather, its regressive behaviour and regressive to think that its perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus
    Entirely untrue as any historian could quite easily point out, not that there's anything wrong with the sexual revolution. One could just as easily (and just as wrongly) state that "the strange change in opinion scandalising sex is clearly from the 500s cultural revolution and the sexual persecution which followed", but neither such argument can or should claim to be the only correct stance. Personal morals have no place affecting anyone else, and while people are certainly allowed to say that they do not like the idea of prostitution, it shouldn't be said that it is 100% wrong at all times for all people, which is what this debate asks. In terms of this topic your answer really only needed the first sentence...
    A society which doesn't have a pan-culture (ie the broad same system of morality, the same customs, the same laws, the same broad culture etc) will simply not work and it never has hence why nation states exist.

No, we've survived the (partial) destruction of culture and changes to morality for logical and individual libertarian reasons, not dogmatic ones. If it was dogma we'd all be told that we absolutely must be out having sex with everyone all the time.
    Which is how it is evolving, see the examples concerning culture where sex and pro-cultural revolutionary messages come out of the radio, the television, the newspapers. The same can be said for sex education, where children even of primary age are taught how to have sex - it's disgusting and something I find creepy because it teaches children an entirely alien concept for the sake of a dogmatic ideology that took root in the 1960s.

Bit of a daft question anyway considering humans are the only cultural civilisation we know of
    Humanity isn't a civilisation, civilisations are ancient Greece, the Roman Empire, the British Empire etc.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 05-04-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

If opposing people selling their bodies makes me and others bigoted, I don't know what that makes you - it certainly doesn't make you enlightened as you new age 'thinkers' or self-described 'progressives' like to think. Indeed, I see nothing progressive about selling our bodies for sex, rather, its regressive behaviour and regressive to think that its perfectly fine.
    If that was at all what I was saying you'd have a point, but since I actually already explained what I was calling bigoted - and it isn't what you're suggesting - you absolutely do not, much like you do not have any right to tell me what I think of myself (which you're also wrong about, by the way)

A society which doesn't have a pan-culture (ie the broad same system of morality, the same customs, the same laws, the same broad culture etc) will simply not work and it never has hence why nation states exist.
    A morality as simple as "don't hurt other people" is more than enough to work with. Humans adapt, and if we didn't have that ability we'd still be in our natural state of tribal society rather than metropolitan - something which is not actually natural to us but that we find beneficial as a species. I don't see how not telling people that they must act a certain way with regards to themselves is going to destroy society as a whole when society involves far more than the individual

Which is how it is evolving, see the examples concerning culture where sex and pro-cultural revolutionary messages come out of the radio, the television, the newspapers. The same can be said for sex education, where children even of primary age are taught how to have sex - it's disgusting and something I find creepy because it teaches children an entirely alien concept for the sake of a dogmatic ideology that took root in the 1960s.
    Again it's possible to counter by saying that the desexualisation of the people was for the sake of a dogmatic ideology that took root in the early 1000s give or take a century. I don't think it's important for primary school children to know how sex works, but for those approaching puberty it's absolutely of importance and it's only "dogmatic ideology" from a couple of centuries ago that stopped teen sex being a widespread norm in the first place.

Humanity isn't a civilisation, civilisations are ancient Greece, the Roman Empire, the British Empire etc.
    The point was that since only humans have (to our knowledge) built up civilisations there's not likely to be other civilisations as successful as ours to compare, since we're as advanced as we ever have been
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It’s your body, so it’s your choice, and I am surprised it’s not been legalised. I imagine a few massage parlours already provide the service. We can’t stop it!

The consequences of selling your body carry risks, possibly then and even later on in life. It’s not just about sexually transmitted diseases.

If the sole purpose is to contribute towards the high tuition fees, then what else are you prepared to sell yourself for when you are desperate for money? That new car you’ve got your eye on? Or a deposit for a mortgage? Just when do you stop selling your body?

It could so easily become a way of life, you may even choose to see the world as a high flying prostitute, with or without a degree, you can earn thousands of pounds a week.

Could the people who have paid for your services be a future employer? Or a client whose business you want to be involved in? Or when you meet the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, and they introduce you to their parents, brother or sister, and you discover they were once one of your customers, will you be prepared for that situation? It does happen.

Your past actions remain a part of your life, even if you regret them long after, we can't wipe the slate clean. I respect my body and would only want to share it with someone I really care for. So the answer for me personally is no. I want to keep my dignity and be respected by those that are important in my life, and if I have to work hard to achieve what I want in life, then that’s the route I will take.

We all have a price to pay for our own success; I want to be proud of how I achieve it, and hope I never have to consider selling myself, because I couldn’t do it, and feel sorry for anyone that sees prostitution as the only way.
    It's the quality of your posts that count, not the quantity!

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

If a fit girl paid me to have sex with her, I would. ;P

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    If a fit girl paid me to have sex with her, I would. ;P
    Haven't you got a girlfriend, who looks like your body double?

on topic;

I don't feel it could ever be legalised, as it would be too difficult to regulate. Thats all I have.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You can say whatever, EVERYONE HAS THEIR PRICE.

What do you think your mom does if she wants a new car or a new cooker or a new pair of shoes that she wants your dad to buy for her, she probably does things she doesn't normally do in the bedroom for her. Sex doesn't have to be for money, it can be for things that money buys. Every time your mom sleeps with your dad or her partner or her boyfriend, most of the time it isn't for the pleasure she's receiving, it keeps him from going around the corner and ******* the first girl that will have him. If your parents aren't having sex, chances are they aren't together or they're cheating on each other. Keeping your partner around keeps his/her income flowing into the household. PEOPLE NEED SEX TO FUNCTION, it's a fact of life.

Prime example. A few weeks ago I had a girl over and we had sex. She left in the morning and she took a pair of my boxers. Technically I paid her for sex. I didn't give her money, I gave her a pair of black, cotton size large Polo Ralph Lauren boxers worth about $20 new -depreciation (because I wore them a few times).
    I'm at a point in my life where I don't care if you like me or you don't. If you like me, cool. If you don't, meh.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Metric1 View Post
    You can say whatever, EVERYONE HAS THEIR PRICE.

What do you think your mom does if she wants a new car or a new cooker or a new pair of shoes that she wants your dad to buy for her, she probably does things she doesn't normally do in the bedroom for her. Sex doesn't have to be for money, it can be for things that money buys. Every time your mom sleeps with your dad or her partner or her boyfriend, most of the time it isn't for the pleasure she's receiving, it keeps him from going around the corner and ******* the first girl that will have him. If your parents aren't having sex, chances are they aren't together or they're cheating on each other. Keeping your partner around keeps his/her income flowing into the household. PEOPLE NEED SEX TO FUNCTION, it's a fact of life.

Prime example. A few weeks ago I had a girl over and we had sex. She left in the morning and she took a pair of my boxers. Technically I paid her for sex. I didn't give her money, I gave her a pair of black, cotton size large Polo Ralph Lauren boxers worth about $20 new -depreciation (because I wore them a few times).
    Well mine certainly doesn't do that, she takes up extra shifts at work.

But anyway, in my opinion - prostitution, morally is wrong. But that's what society's turned into, I mean common a lot of shops i.e Primark sell saucy underwear, high heels, bra's to 9 year old's (when most 9 year old's don't actually need them) - that's just disgusting. But that's what today's society has created, it's sexualised everything. Sex is no longer something special between 2 people (in most cases) it's just something to brag about nowadays. Look at the teenage pregnancy rates, we our selves has created this. So having sex for something is a lot more acceptable these days.

Still, I think it should be purely up to the person. As long as they aren't being forced into it, I guess it's acceptable.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234