HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HxL Desktop App

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default HxL Desktop App

The apps fine, the download page is not:
    https://habbox.com/#!/HabboxLiveDesktopApp

This is not very realistic of a PC to be honest and wasn't very funny (Also why in the **** is it a CRT?). Windows BSODs have'nt been that unhelpful in information since Win95. If you do not superimpose the Windows 8 BSOD image onto the screen I will be very sad:

Oh and major fyi it should be labelled as a "Windows" download, not a PC download, Linux and Unix running machines are PCs too but they don't really run executables without help.

--

On a more serious note, when the App is "hidden" double clicking in the tray should make it appear again, the requests bit uses a pretty sans-serif font like verdana or trebuchet for the habbo name bit but courier new for the message bit, no reason for a different font really. Also the dimensions on it are all set to percentages, set the button, name area and drop down to fixed height and give just the message box fluid height. The buttons in the "main" view could do with some habbo-fying by the graphics dept. also.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens
    Habbo
    iLogan

Latest Awards:

In regards to the Habbox.com page that'll be sorted out soon

We haven't actually got the source files for the app so we wouldn't be able to edit it, sadly
    ex-hxl manager
    ex-event organizer
    ex-gfx designer
    ex-competition staff
    ex-content staff
    OFWGKΔ

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RemelKiid View Post
    We haven't actually got the source files for the app so we wouldn't be able to edit it, sadly
    I did see David's ugly mug on the start up screen for a second so I'm assuming he made it?

Also it's all made in Java modifying it is likely very easy. Also you could have just distributed the JAR file sitting in the mac version, runs on windows (And linux probably) as well.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i think the bsod thing is very very very very picky and that no-one actually really cares.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    i think the bsod thing is very very very very picky and that no-one actually really cares.
    It was also a very non-serious complaint.

Edit: Just been poking around in the JAR, at the very most it would be a two second job to replace the radio control buttons.
    Last edited by Chippiewill; 15-04-2012 at 12:18 AM.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    I did see David's ugly mug on the start up screen for a second so I'm assuming he made it?

Also it's all made in Java modifying it is likely very easy. Also you could have just distributed the JAR file sitting in the mac version, runs on windows (And linux probably) as well.
    I could have, but that would be ugly and would just confuse people who don't hava a Java runtime installed because it would try to extract the jar contents, I prefer wrapping my jars. With regards to the download page I didn't make that surprisingly, but I love the Windows download link, I hope it's not changed.

With regards to the fonts I didn't even notice that because the fonts are the same on OS X. I wasn't really planning on updating this application but if I ever do then I'll take your comments on the widget alignments in mind
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mark

Latest Awards:

Just listening to HxL off of the App just now. The only problem I have is that it gets the current DJ from the timetable and at this moment in time, the DJ hasn't booked the slot or is either covering therefore it just says 'No DJ'. Is there anyway we could get it from the DJ's Encoder information or could the DJs be reminded to book the slots?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

lol. Matt asked me for a replacement picture for the download page, i gave him a few and apparently logan has them now .

Tokens
    Habbo
    Kasabian

Latest Awards:

Drastic revamp needed. Where's the volume control inside the app?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kasabian View Post
    Drastic revamp needed. Where's the volume control inside the app?
    THATS WHAT I SAID. matt disagreed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast