HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

No the world isn't going to end in 2012 but just in case, I won't do christmas shopping til after the 21st.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Grig View Post
    You are basing your reasoning purely on science here
    Yeah because science is completely uninspired, baseless and out-and-out absurd.

And we could enter nuclear war at any time. Why does it have to be associated with 2012? I'm not really sure what you're arguing here.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GirlNextDoor15 View Post
    This debate topic is ridiculous imo. How can there be lots of evidence for both sides of arguments?

If I agree, you may say the predictions done by whatever different civilisations weren't true. So, why this one?

But if I disagree, then I'm just lying to myself as obviously the world is going to end someday. So, why not 2012? How can I know? I don't have psychic powers. I can listen to NASA's stories etc and believe that the world isn't gonna end in 2012. But, there's a saying that goes like this. If we can predict the future, poor people shouldn't exist in this world at all.
    I actually agree with something you say for once, lmao! Is there actually any solid proof for the world ending in 2012? I don't think so... Yeah you can listen to NASA stories and whatever else anyone tells you but at the end of the day, what we're told and what is actually going to happen are two completely different things. Like the saying goes, you can't believe everything you read. What gets me is something drastic is supposed to happen probably every other year or so it seems or people believe, yet it never does. Maybe the world will end in 2012, who knows but you can't go about debating wether it will happen or not cause that's just absolutely ridiculous. You could walk outside and get hit by a bus today, so in reality this debate is really just pointless.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Whether there's any evidence on either side if it's not going to happen or it is, just share your opinions and why you think it will/won't!

In my own opinion, I don't think the world will end at all. Of course, some day a huge black hole or whatever may appear and kill us all and destroy earth, whatever you want to say. But I don't think we should say the world is going to end before we have solid evidence and not some ancient predictions... and so on. if they were even predictions! And so, I think the only way to find out is by living, the world could end at any second, any minute and any day. Although I really don't believe that the world will end in 2012, I will feel a bit... I don't know how to describe it, err worried on the day! This is my opinion on any date for the end of the world, and 2012. Something wrong could happen at any moment in space, sometimes predictable and sometimes not... we'll just have to wait and see what happens lol!!

However, I do believe the world will end and if not by any other disaster, but by the destruction of our star, the sun. Stars have a life, obviously not alive-alive but they have a life cycle and the bigger the star is the shorter it lives, and I think our sun has around 4 billion years of life left. When it dies, earth will burn and planets shall be sucked in! If it's true that stars don't live forever, then this will happen and we definately won't be here to witness it.
    The day I get to 200 in Ping Pong II is the day my life is complete.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pipette

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mk, View Post
    Whether there's any evidence on either side if it's not going to happen or it is, just share your opinions and why you think it will/won't!

In my own opinion, I don't think the world will end at all. Of course, some day a huge black hole or whatever may appear and kill us all and destroy earth, whatever you want to say. But I don't think we should say the world is going to end before we have solid evidence and not some ancient predictions... and so on. if they were even predictions! And so, I think the only way to find out is by living, the world could end at any second, any minute and any day. Although I really don't believe that the world will end in 2012, I will feel a bit... I don't know how to describe it, err worried on the day! This is my opinion on any date for the end of the world, and 2012. Something wrong could happen at any moment in space, sometimes predictable and sometimes not... we'll just have to wait and see what happens lol!!

However, I do believe the world will end and if not by any other disaster, but by the destruction of our star, the sun. Stars have a life, obviously not alive-alive but they have a life cycle and the bigger the star is the shorter it lives, and I think our sun has around 4 billion years of life left. When it dies, earth will burn and planets shall be sucked in! If it's true that stars don't live forever, then this will happen and we definately won't be here to witness it.
    Black holes don't just appear, there is not any close enough stars to even create a black hole around here, the main one I can think of in our galaxy that will definately make one is beatlegeuse, and that won't be close enough to affect us for a long long time, let alone will it even become a black hole before our the sun has completely destroyed this planet in the red giant phase. Just to remind you of the black hole formation -

Star ---> Super Giant (If big enough mass) --> White Dwarf ---> Supernova (If big enough mass) --> neutron star --> Black hole (If big enough mass)

Yea the black hole stuff is a bit of rubbis to be honest, there won't be a new one to destroy our planet in time anyway, and if there was one currently then stuff would be disapeering wouldn't it ; L
    ex news manager
    Dodongo dislikes smoke

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Pipette View Post
    Black holes don't just appear, there is not any close enough stars to even create a black hole around here, the main one I can think of in our galaxy that will definately make one is beatlegeuse, and that won't be close enough to affect us for a long long time, let alone will it even become a black hole before our the sun has completely destroyed this planet in the red giant phase. Just to remind you of the black hole formation -

Star ---> Super Giant (If big enough mass) --> White Dwarf ---> Supernova (If big enough mass) --> neutron star --> Black hole (If big enough mass)

Yea the black hole stuff is a bit of rubbis to be honest, there won't be a new one to destroy our planet in time anyway, and if there was one currently then stuff would be disapeering wouldn't it ; L

I didn't mean it'd randomly appear, I just meant however it could come somehow by something - basically saying anything could happen at any moment to destroy the earth, and possibly there's a million things we don't know.

I wasn't saying that we were going to get destroyed by a blackhole, I was simply saying anything could happen at any time and sometimes we may notice and be prepared for it, but this won't be the case forever and a disaster like this could happen. But I don't believe it'll happen in 2012.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i can't believe this is even a debate.

no it won't. i don't even think i have anything more to add. it just won't.

Tokens
    Habbo
    iLogan

Latest Awards:

The world is as likely to end in 2012 than it is tomorrow. Unlikely but still possible.
    ex-hxl manager
    ex-event organizer
    ex-gfx designer
    ex-competition staff
    ex-content staff
    OFWGKΔ

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RemelKiid View Post
    The world is as likely to end in 2012 than it is tomorrow. Unlikely but still possible.
    Agreed here, as I've said in my posts above.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RemelKiid View Post
    Pretty much summed up this debate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast