HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -Nick

Latest Awards:

Currently working on a rigged gambling game based on python. It will never give a prize unless x much money has been made.

*This is for personal use only and won't be distributed.*

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Nick is harmless and he's not a bad person after you have spoken to him a few times.
    Last +REP from: Kardan

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -Nick View Post
    Currently working on a rigged gambling game based on python. It will never give a prize unless x much money has been made.
    Cool idea, that's actually how all modern gambling machines work. Also all the grabber arm games you find in arcades too. Reminds me of a demo someone in the CS Department at my uni showed last year where they hacked a virtual slot machine to pay out every-time by abusing its random number generator.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Nick

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    Cool idea, that's actually how all modern gambling machines work. Also all the grabber arm games you find in arcades too. Reminds me of a demo someone in the CS Department at my uni showed last year where they hacked a virtual slot machine to pay out every-time by abusing its random number generator.
    Yes, machines like stacker and the key game, are 100% rigged and only pays out when x much is paid into the machines. Kind of sad to be honest. There's many videos of youtube of showing how stacker is rigged, by using slow motion footage on how it skips the correct square.

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Nick is harmless and he's not a bad person after you have spoken to him a few times.
    Last +REP from: Kardan

Tokens
    Habbo
    Andings

Latest Awards:

I've been working on Dedicated Servers and Load Balancing. Also working on edits for a proxy panel system (I can't provide screenshots as not at home right now).

Tokens

Latest Awards:

More of a 'what did I work on', I made a MIDI synthesiser in VHDL onto an FPGA as part of a uni project. It supports a subset of the MIDI protocol (Note on and Note off) and uses an 8-bit soft-core processor for every midi channel (14 out of the 16) and for decoding the MIDI input and adding all the audio channels together. It then uses PWM and a basic low pass filter as a digital to analogue converter.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lRhyss

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -Nick View Post
    Yes, machines like stacker and the key game, are 100% rigged and only pays out when x much is paid into the machines. Kind of sad to be honest. There's many videos of youtube of showing how stacker is rigged, by using slow motion footage on how it skips the correct square.
    I did a stacker game on one of the ARM boards in the lab at uni, although I coded it so the probability of winning would change depending on how many times a user had played the game before you re-compiled/restarted the board. It worked pretty well! Things like that are fun to re-create when you're learning, it's actually the reason I got into Embedded C and ARM Assembly Also remade the classic "Snake" game too.

Speaking of, currently working on a "Heating system" on the same board. It starts off by turning a light on and the longer it's on the hotter the temp gets, when the temp get's to a certain figure, an interrupt will fire and start a fan, "cooling" the temperature. The current temperature and previous temperatures are also printed to the LCD in a line graph which updates every so often. - Easy assignment
    Last edited by lRhyss; 18-03-2015 at 10:39 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Paul.

Latest Awards:

Finished Project: Just finished a website for a theme park and they are currently using parts for their website.

Currently working on: I am currently working on a database in Access for a holiday booking system.
    DJ Porky

2006-2015
    Habtips - Habbolot - Habbox - Habbed - HHGS

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm currently working on an interview booking system for my university. It's a pretty interesting project as there are a number of technical challenges to overcome due to the deployment environment and the atypical purpose of the system. I'm building it on top of Laravel (A PHP MVC Framework) so I've just spent half the day writing up models and routes for the system. Lots of the UI interactions are particularly complex so a lot of the difficulty will be in coming up with elegant interactions to manipulate data.

I'm also rewriting a betting/chat system for someone. The original system was reliant on a third party push notification system for most of it's JS interaction so I'm rewriting the functionality into a node.js socket server to improve responsiveness, simultaneously I'm moving the AJAX onto Node.js to keep it nice and compartmentalised - this means the PHP side of things is just going to be used for initial authentication and initialisation of JS variables plus some minor integration with the pre-existing user-system.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Some progress on the betting/chat system, I posted a WIP of it in spam the other day but its now integrated with the forum's user system. The UI is from the old system, I've just integrated my stuff into it:

As predicted the node.js makes it super snappy unlike usual systems.
    Last edited by Chippiewill; 02-06-2015 at 12:13 AM.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Some progress on the betting/chat system, I posted a WIP of it in spam the other day but its now integrated with the forum's user system. The UI is from the old system, I've just integrated my stuff into it:

As predicted the node.js makes it super snappy unlike usual systems.
    that looks cool! where is that going ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast