HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    lRhyss

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    Yeah I like both the status set to a temporary verification code given out by you.

Let me talk you through how I see it working,

1. You register on BobbaFaces
    2. Your Habbo avatar and status is automatically pulled through, along with profile info you entered on registration
    3. You verify your Habbo account by entering a temporary verification code issued by BobbaFaces into your status
    4. User goes onto Habbo and edits their status to the code
    5. Button clicked on website to verify the status - if the status matches the verification code the account is verified

So that's the account verified

Then - and only then should you be allowed to upload a picture? (who agrees) to avoid false profiles.

Not sure how you would do this bit...... Manually if they send pictures with (I am 'X' on Hab) but that's an awful way of doing things
    Yeah that's a nice process, I'll probably end up doing this way, the only thing is I'm not sure how I would make it check that the user has the string in the motto... Habbox used to use that method but something went wrong which stopped it form happening, but I'm unsure what

Tokens
    Habbo
    Witchur

Latest Awards:

This seems interesting can't wait to see the end result.
    Good work.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Well if you're able to obtain the status in the first place a comparison could easily be made between the two.

Trying to think of a better way to verify the picture(s).

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If you wanted a way of verifying, couldn't you get them to place something in their motto and grab it .

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I thought the whole point of BobbaFaces was to upload pictures of losers and laugh at them
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    lRhyss

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    I thought the whole point of BobbaFaces was to upload pictures of losers and laugh at them
    Yeah, it was

But nowadays I'd get wrong if I'd let that happen haha!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Brawl

I do remember BobbaFaces. Neat initiative. Best of luck!

Tokens
    Habbo
    lRhyss

Latest Awards:

UPDATES

Figured you guys deserve a few updates on my progress. As some of you know (or may not know), I recently moved house so that took up a large segment of my time. My first time moving to a new place by myself so, yeah

Anyway, here is a few nice updates for you to enjoy:

• Layout Design - 90%
    • Layout implementation (HTML/CSS) - 90%
    • JavaScript - 20%
    • PHP - 5%

Obviously the percentages are rough guesses as I have by no means sat and worked out the progress of each element and converted that into a percentage, I'm not that keen

On another note: I have decided that if anyone want's to come in and help with the PHP/MYSQL elements of the website, I am keen to take on a developer, obviously this won't be paid - it's all for fun. Originally I was only planning on opening the website to help improve my development skills, but after feedback form fellow players and a surprising amount of interest from people, it's much more than that now, and I don't want something so wanted to just be my play toy, I want it to be done properly and ensure that BobbaFaces is safe, secure and enjoyable to a higher standard than what I could provide alone.

If you're interested in this position, feel free to contact me with your Skype and I'll hit you up with a message or ten!

Thanks for your time

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I remember BobbaFaces! It had a long list of usernames down the left hand side & you'd click 'em for the users image to come up. Good luck in your venture!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Witchur

Latest Awards:

Do you know when this might get finished Rhys?

And yeah @Michael; it was pretty good. I can't wait to try this one because at the moment it seems to be making some good progress. It was fun using the site.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast