HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Intricat

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lRhyss View Post
    Yeah that's a nice process, I'll probably end up doing this way, the only thing is I'm not sure how I would make it check that the user has the string in the motto... Habbox used to use that method but something went wrong which stopped it form happening, but I'm unsure what
    We actually got it working again. I re-coded it for V7 (Hahaha). It relies on the users home page being visible and grabs the motto from there. Really easy stuff actually. Just need to grab the contents of the profile page and look for what is inside the div called "profile-motto" and see if it matches what you asked them to set.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lRhyss

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    We actually got it working again. I re-coded it for V7 (Hahaha). It relies on the users home page being visible and grabs the motto from there. Really easy stuff actually. Just need to grab the contents of the profile page and look for what is inside the div called "profile-motto" and see if it matches what you asked them to set.
    Ahh! Thanks so much man I'll look into this in the morning, and get it added I've decided that I'm going to start off by having users sign up, have then prove they're the Habbo via motto verification... THEN once they're signed up, they can become "Verified" By sending a verification request... These will simply be a picture of the user holding a piece of paper with their Habbo name on it... However they have to have a current picture uploaded, which is different to the one they submit

Similar to how Snog.com works I beleive

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Ahh! Thanks so much man I'll look into this in the morning, and get it added I've decided that I'm going to start off by having users sign up, have then prove they're the Habbo via motto verification... THEN once they're signed up, they can become "Verified" By sending a verification request... These will simply be a picture of the user holding a piece of paper with their Habbo name on it... However they have to have a current picture uploaded, which is different to the one they submit

Similar to how Snog.com works I beleive
    how does a picture with their apparent habbo name prove it's them ?
    The day I get to 200 in Ping Pong II is the day my life is complete.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lRhyss

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    how does a picture with their apparent habbo name prove it's them ?
    I'll put it down by steps as if you were signing up

1. Go to bobbafaces
    2. Sign up
    3. put a random string of numbers in your Habbo motto that Bobbafaces gives you and make your homepage visible
    4. Bobbafaces will then verify that it is you singing up with your correct Habbo name
    5. You are no registered and free to upload a photo, however, you're unverified
    6. To get verified you will then need to do the following:

• Upload a profile picture of your face
    • Take another photo clearly showing your face, but also showing you holding a piece of paper with your Habbo name on

Users can stay un-verified but that's up to them.

Ultimately the Habbo motto verification stops... Let's say me singing up with the name MK,

Then the manual photo verification to become a verified user shows that you're 100% you and that's 100% your face

Tokens
    Habbo
    Intricat

Latest Awards:

That sounds like the best way to do it

Tokens
    Habbo
    lRhyss

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    That sounds like the best way to do it
    The manual verification seems to work well for Snog, so why not BobbaFaces? Haha.

Plus it's more secure to do it manually, rather than have it search for you on Facebook and try and match Bitmaps on images (I think that's how it would be done automatically)

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Nick

Latest Awards:

The manual verification seems to work well for Snog, so why not BobbaFaces? Haha.

Plus it's more secure to do it manually, rather than have it search for you on Facebook and try and match Bitmaps on images (I think that's how it would be done automatically)
    I know you can do most of these on Habbo however ever thought about doing these if the site becomes big?

- IM Messanger
    --Age Filter, get verified for being over 18 - if you are you can swear on messenger if not it .. gets **
    - Profile Wall
    --Add Social Networking links, facts and VMs? (Optional if the user dosent want too!)

But not a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Nick is harmless and he's not a bad person after you have spoken to him a few times.
    Last +REP from: Kardan

Tokens
    Habbo
    lRhyss

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -Nick View Post
    I know you can do most of these on Habbo however ever thought about doing these if the site becomes big?

- IM Messanger
    --Age Filter, get verified for being over 18 - if you are you can swear on messenger if not it .. gets **
    - Profile Wall
    --Add Social Networking links, facts and VMs? (Optional if the user dosent want too!)

But not a forum.
    I was thinking on adding the Social Networking links (only Twitter, Instagrm and Snog) and I have already planned out the profile page, showing the following:
    • Habbo Name (Mandatory)
    • First name
    • last name
    • picture (Mandatory)
    • Small "about me"
    • Social Network Links

I was also THINKING of adding a system where users can "Star" other users profiles, then have a list of the top 5 profiles or something.

Not sure though yet

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Nick

Latest Awards:

I was thinking on adding the Social Networking links (only Twitter, Instagrm and Snog) and I have already planned out the profile page, showing the following:
    • Habbo Name (Mandatory)
    • First name
    • last name
    • picture (Mandatory)
    • Small "about me"
    • Social Network Links

I was also THINKING of adding a system where users can "Star" other users profiles, then have a list of the top 5 profiles or something.

Not sure though yet

This might sound odd but 'Rate the Habbo Looks' - Button of recommendation and then all the recommeded ones get put in together and you vote?

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Nick is harmless and he's not a bad person after you have spoken to him a few times.
    Last +REP from: Kardan

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Ultimately that's what it's all about - rating other people. I would be put off if it was like Snog though .. but that's obviously because of my age. The younger generation might want that.... but that younger generation will get older! haha

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast