HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Clumping

Latest Awards:

Default Hair dye fades too quickly

I'm trying to get it darker so I can do my blonde ombre that I've been wanting to do for months, however every time I'm dying it, the colour fades back to a light brown/ginger colour after only a few washes.

Is there a way of telling why it does it, e.g hair being too dry, or whether I need to just strip it completely??

Also I've also been to the hairdressers to have it dyed, thinking it's better than box dye and the same thing pretty much happened.

((

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

things that can fade it easily : harsh shampoos containing sls, washing too frequently, hot water
    so what u should do is only wash your hair every few days, find a gentle shampoo that says sulphate free, rinse with cold water. am sure there's lot of info out there.

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens

Latest Awards:

if you're using herbal essence it strips the dye right out of your hair I've found

try dying it a shade darker

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jssy

Latest Awards:

Have you had any red based hair dyes in the past on it?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shaz

Latest Awards:

are you using either a gentle shampoo or colour protect shampoos? i dye my hair every 3 months or so and one time i kept using a colour protect shampoo throughout and it did make a noticable different in terms of fading n how long it lasted.
    Always have courage and be kind

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Shampoo is rubbish just use it like once or twice a week and at other times wash with just conditioner to make it all fab, if you use L'Oreal Excellence it comes with a small thing of conditioner which is really good for it and is good for protecting the colour for the first few washes
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Clumping

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jssy View Post
    Have you had any red based hair dyes in the past on it?
    most of my past dyes have been red based to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Shaz View Post
    are you using either a gentle shampoo or colour protect shampoos? i dye my hair every 3 months or so and one time i kept using a colour protect shampoo throughout and it did make a noticable different in terms of fading n how long it lasted.
    I used loreal elvive colour protect and it literally made no difference, which did you use?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jssy

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Clumping View Post
    most of my past dyes have been red based to be honest

I used loreal elvive colour protect and it literally made no difference, which did you use?
    Browns do contain red bases, but if you've had red quite a bit in the past this could be because of colour build up in your hair cuticle. Red bases are the hardest to get out, followed by black which is why your colour in a salon is still coming through red, as well as home dyes. You can get shampoos that are especially good for colour build up and as a resort a colour stripper would be effective too

Tokens
    Habbo
    Clumping

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jssy View Post
    Browns do contain red bases, but if you've had red quite a bit in the past this could be because of colour build up in your hair cuticle. Red bases are the hardest to get out, followed by black which is why your colour in a salon is still coming through red, as well as home dyes. You can get shampoos that are especially good for colour build up and as a resort a colour stripper would be effective too
    Thanks :p I think I'm gonna have to like strip it completely