HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    kushmas

Latest Awards:

this sounds like a disaster to me. this is totally going to get abused. most of the "experienced" players are rude and i cant imagine them sitting in the welcome lounge helping people.
    Last edited by lRhyss; 15-10-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Tokens

Most of the people kissing the staff's asses aren't really nice.

Tokens

If they sent out applications and took their TIME with the selection process they could find suitable candidates right under their nose. Unfortunately, like everything else they release these days, it will be rushed and incomplete.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

When I was in the council in May 2012 they were speaking about it then and got our views on bringing them back, or at least something similar. It's a shame that they didn't take our opinions on board as I remember there were a few requirements new ones would need.

The staff at the time, Paul Lafontaine and the others (mainly him though), said they'd need to be registered for 5 years, have the maximum respect badge, maximum room raider badge, maximum so and so badge which I didn't agree with. Dedication isn't shown by how long you registered - there are some people who haven't logged on in 8 years, and suddenly as long as they used clones to get the maximum respect badge and used roomcount for the majority of the raider badge then they could get it?

Dedication is about activity on Habbo, players who enter the competitions, win them occasionally and help out in ways that they can - even perhaps donating to users to an extent to show how much of an all rounded player they are.

The 5 year badge is apparent all over the hotel now as Habbo gets older - but some of those not playing for long may also have the knowledge of how Habbo has changed and progressed. As you can probably tell only some people agreed with the new scheme if they wanted to be in staff good book's generally and would fit the criteria.

@October; @Storking; @Ekelektra; do you remember this?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

doubt it would come to .com anyway tbh

Tokens
    Habbo
    Drewar

Latest Awards:

I'm looking forward to this program coming to our .com hotel
    Drewar
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lRhyss

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Drewar View Post
    I'm looking forward to this program coming to our .com hotel
    I'm guessing the staff added you because they knew you were an ex-hobba, and you're going to be one again?

Does this mean they're hiring old, active hobbas?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Drewar

Latest Awards:

Just to clarify: I was a Habbo X on my current Habbo account, not a Hobba.

I was a silver Hobba on a different Habbo account on Habbo USA, but there were over 1000 Silver Hobbas on Habbo USA (compared to less than 100 Hobbas on each of the former international hotels... some Hobba teams were as small as a few dozen). Hobbas were distinctively different from Habbo Xs. Habbo Xs had no powers other than the ability to get in to full rooms. Hobbas, on the other hand, had some powers. Silver Hobbas were able to send alerts, mute, and were unable to be kicked from rooms. Gold Hobbas were able to do a lot more, such as banning, changing room names, etc. Hobbas were also able to be called via a "Call For Help" system, so if someone reported a player for misconduct, room blocking, etc, the Hobba would pickup the call and deal with the issue.

From my understanding, this new program will be a lot closer to the Habbo X program than the Hobba program. From what I have read on some fansites, Ambassadors are able to mute and kick Habbos in public rooms, but not in private rooms. I believe that the Ambassadors will be asked to hang out in the public rooms (which is where a lot of the new Habbos typically find themselves), and help welcome the newer Habbos to the hotel. I believe they are being given their Ambassador "powers" to help keep the public rooms clean so the new members aren't so intimidated by spam bots, etc.

I'm just speculating, though. My guess is as good as anyone else's
    Last edited by Drewar; 15-10-2014 at 05:09 PM.
    Drewar
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Interestingly, one of the ambassadors from the French hotel was removed after a video on his YouTube channel showed he played a retro hotel.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ShortyCM

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Interestingly, one of the ambassadors from the French hotel was removed after a video on his YouTube channel showed he played a retro hotel.
    Not surprised.. Habbo are strictly against 'retros', so seeing an Ambassador 'promoting' usage of a 'retro' is bad public image.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast