HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

Default Should a person who is suffering from a terminal illness be able to end their life?

Now, I don't want this to sound too controversial or apologies if it offends you. But I am interested in listening to views on this .

Personally, I find it a difficult one to have a view on. Part of me says that, yes if you are suffering from a terminal illness where death is inevitable, you should have to choice to say yes, flick the switch. However, it's not always as simple as that, that person may be in such a state of knowing that they're going to die, that they just want to go, not really thinking about what they would actually want.

It's hard to say, sat here as a healthy young guy (touch wood) but, thinking about it, if this was me, I don't think I would choose to take my own life, even if I was going to die or not. I would think in my mind that I AM going to survive, or atleast make my last moments worth it to me and my loved ones.

What are you views?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

Personally, I believe in euthanasia dependent on circumstances.

If I were going to die, in a lot of pain and would be suffering for the rest of my life - hell yeah I'm going to want to go.
    Just as were I unable to do anything for myself I would prefer to be 'put down'.

However, if I have an illness that I'm not really suffering from, that could somewhat be cured before I go or there is a possibility of survival, then surviving is the better option.

bella ciao

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Personally, I believe in euthanasia dependent on circumstances.

If I were going to die, in a lot of pain and would be suffering for the rest of my life - hell yeah I'm going to want to go.
    Just as were I unable to do anything for myself I would prefer to be 'put down'.

However, if I have an illness that I'm not really suffering from, that could somewhat be cured before I go or there is a possibility of survival, then surviving is the better option.
    doesn't terminal mean they WILL die... no cure?
    i used to put the names of my favourite singers here... then i realised nobody cared

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Skandair View Post
    doesn't terminal mean they WILL die... no cure?

While it certainly means that death will happen despite treatment and such, that doesn't mean that all terminally ill people will die immediately or within the say, six month period.

bella ciao

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Idk i always find it completely ridiculous that you arent allowed to choose what to do with your own life...

Ive always supported it amd always will
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    Dragga

Latest Awards:

We treat our pets with more respect than our fellow humans. When whats ahead of you is going to nothing but pain and suffering, lost of bodily functions and a terrible death. Your gonna want the easy way out.

If your going to suffer, then you should be allowed to end it all when you feel fit.

If its something that can be "cured" or will end up being a quick sudden death. Just go with it and live.
    +1

-:Undertaker:- is online now Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Always interests me how liberals/the left are fully for euthanasia (despite the apparent risks of an older person feeling or being forced into committing the act against their real wishes) yet at the same time if you suggest bringing back the death penalty for the most evil people walking the planet (with a trial by jury, numerous appeals etc) they'll scream the house down about how it isn't worth it because of the risk of innocent life being lost. How hypocritical.

As it happens, I support both. You (if innocent) own your life and if guilty the state should own your life. At the moment it appears to be literally the other way around or at least it will be if euthanasia is permitted.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 15-10-2014 at 12:18 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Always interests me how liberals/the left are fully for euthanasia (despite the apparent risks of an older person feeling or being forced into committing the act against their real wishes) yet at the same time if you suggest bringing back the death penalty for the most evil people walking the planet (with a trial by jury, numerous appeals etc) they'll scream the house down about how it isn't worth it because of the risk of innocent life being lost. How hypocritical.

As it happens, I support both. You (if innocent) own your life and if guilty the state should own your life. At the moment it appears to be literally the other way around or at least it will be if euthanasia is permitted.
    The difference is choosing to take your own life and someone else choosing to take your life.

I'm strongly against the idea that someone else should have the power to decide that you are going to die. And, as a judge sentencing someone to death, what makes them different from the murderer sat in the chair? Power corrupts. And having the decision of whether or not to end another person's life is a lot of power. Anyway if the court is allowed to kill people, why aren't criminals? We shouldn't be asking them to stop doing the very thing we do.

If someone chooses to kill themselves though, that's up to them. And making it illegal to do so won't stop them, it'll just mean they'll find another (often more painful less humane) way.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jssy

Latest Awards:

I don't really share the same view if I'm honest.

I am a Christian so I believe that only God should take life, its not your role to play God and decide when you leave this earth. Besides, what if at the last minute a cure is found or infact you don't actually die. My friends mum was told her cancer was terminal, but she survived, she was diagnosed wrongly, and she did take the NHS to court and was awarded a sum of money. Doctors aren't always right.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yes I believe you should be able to end your life should you so wish in these circumstances, or if you're unable to make the decision where you're so ill then the family can make the decision. I've heard people say that it is against gods will for people to be allowed to die before it is their 'time' to die, what about people with different diseases, cancers etc who are given treatment against what ever illness they have, surely that too is going against gods will if the illness could have killed you. Surely that was god telling you your time is up? It's so hypercritical its unreal but anyway, I do believe in it and that there should be strict guidelines to govern it.

I didn't read the above post (^).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jssy View Post
    I am a Christian so I believe that only God should take life, its not your role to play God and decide when you leave this earth. Besides, what if at the last minute a cure is found or infact you don't actually die. My friends mum was told her cancer was terminal, but she survived, she was diagnosed wrongly, and she did take the NHS to court and was awarded a sum of money. Doctors aren't always right.

So what gives you, or any doctor the right to give you treatment against an illness to keep you here. If you believe in a 'god' then surely it is down to them and we're acting against this power to keep you here when they've given you your time to die.
    Last edited by Alkaz; 15-10-2014 at 11:23 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast