HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    all of my teachers were nice to me but i wouldn't say they did anything exceptional

in year 10 we had a really **** science teacher and i got a D in my first gcse science exam, then around may they said our class were being moved to btec because of some crap reasons so we started doing that coursework
    when we came back in year 11 all our btec coursework was gone because the old teacher had gone missing with it and we had to start all over again which was really annoying :rolleyes:
    anyway our old teacher got fired because we (mainly i) complained, i hated science anyway probably because we had a crap teacher every single year apart from year 7 and 11
    what??? you got moved to btec without your consent? my mum would actually have taken me out of school and gone straight to whatever newspaper would listen to her (probs daily mail)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

The worst teacher I've probably had was my history teacher. She was a nice woman, but had a dislike for me. She'd always try and make me move down a level when I was capable of the work and did work hard for the subject and did pretty well on exams and assignments. She expected me to get an extremely bad grade when I did fantastic at it lol. It's really not that bad in all honesty, as I was a very quiet student and kept to myself. Only bad thing was when a teacher confronted me for my behaviour in another class, when id been pretty respectful and tried to help the teacher out as nobody would listen to her as she was quiet young and they threw CDs at her head... He took me aside at lunch time and shouted at me, at the time he was my maths teacher.

Although, my favourite teacher was my vice principal, when that happened I went to her and she took me into a private room and let me discuss very thing about it and wrote every single thing down, she was such a good person. Also, my principal helped me so much when I applied to ucas the first time, he bended over backwards and would bring me into his office and chat away to me for ages!! Loved him!!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

funnily enough my worst teacher was in reception. I'm terrible at drawing (still am) and she berated me for trying to draw a person with shapes (triangle head, circle body, something like that). Why are you even working with kids, you miserable cow! It still doesn't make any sense lol.

I've had a lot of good teachers since then though.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    what??? you got moved to btec without your consent? my mum would actually have taken me out of school and gone straight to whatever newspaper would listen to her (probs daily mail)

yes everyones parents complained but nothing happened

by year 11 4/7 science sets were doing btec, was originally 2/7

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Worst:
    In my secondary school we had to include a statement of what we felt we had achieved in each year as a part of the reports the school sent home regarding our progress.

For my PE statement in Year 10, I wrote that I didn't feel like I had achieved anything and that the department gave very little for me to get interested in; I may have also advised providing a larger scope of activites, but I can't be sure.

In the next theory lesson we had, I was held back after class and told I had to write the statement again because my teacher didn't like what I wrote. I told her I didn't care and that she use it regardless, to which she told me she couldn't because she had ripped it up.

It's hard for me to find any dignity in the lies I wrote to satisfy that woman, and when I look back I regard her actions as nothing less than a violation of my right to free speech, and I now wish I had felt that way at the time and gone straight to the headteacher about it.

To this day it's the only thing I genuinely get pissed off about when I think of my time at that school, and how truly wicked a person she was. I had her on and off for the latter half of my secondary education, and I always disliked her, but this genuinely took the biscuit. I gave her zero respect in my later years into Sixth Form, and deliberatly ignored her when she dared speak or demand something of me.

Nicest:
    Probably the nicest thing I experienced was when I was in Sixth Form doing A-Level Media Studies. I can't remember which year it was (12/13), but we sat one of our module exams early into the year as opposed to summer.

When we got our results back, it was a shock to see that all of us did badly, me especially with getting a U. But what shocked me more was just how surprised and angry the others were with how I ended up with the grade, with them agreeing I would've really had to try to fail it. While it's not exactly true cause you could just not write anything, I appreciated the sentiment. It ended up with our teacher requesting one our papers back to see what had gone wrong, and with her concluding we had got a retired teacher marking them who wasn't familiar with the module (whether or not it's true we'll never know!).

I had mostly just shrugged it off and decided to just do better next time, but their reactions made me think for the first that I maybe deserved or was worthy enough to go after the education I was striving for.

Our teacher was quite cool too. Someone who actually treated the students as people deserving of trust and companionship. She was the only teacher in the school who freely interacted them on a personal level outside classes, spending every break and lunch in their company, although she really had no obligation to outside of being on duty.
    Last edited by RandomManJay; 28-10-2014 at 07:47 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ToxicMint

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RandomManJay View Post
    Worst:
    In my secondary school we had to include a statement of what we felt we had achieved in each year as a part of the reports the school sent home regarding our progress.

For my PE statement in Year 10, I wrote that I didn't feel like I had achieved anything and that the department gave very little for me to get interested in; I may have also advised providing a larger scope of activites, but I can't be sure.

In the next theory lesson we had, I was held back after class and told I had to write the statement again because my teacher didn't like what I wrote. I told her I didn't care and that she use it regardless, to which she told me she couldn't because she had ripped it up.

It's hard for me to find any dignity in the lies I wrote to satisfy that woman, and when I look back I regard her actions as nothing less than a violation of my right to free speech, and I now wish I had felt that way at the time and gone straight to the headteacher about it.

To this day it's the only thing I genuinely get pissed off about when I think of my time at that school, and how truly wicked a person she was. I had her on and off for the latter half of my secondary education, and I always disliked her, but this genuinely took the biscuit. I gave her zero respect in my later years into Sixth Form, and deliberatly ignored her when she dared speak or demand something of me.

Nicest:
    Probably the nicest thing I experienced was when I was in Sixth Form doing A-Level Media Studies. I can't remember which year it was (12/13), but we sat one of our module exams early into the year as opposed to summer.

When we got our results back, it was a shock to see that all of us did badly, me especially with getting a U. But what shocked me more was just how surprised and angry the others were with how I ended up with the grade, with them agreeing I would've really had to try to fail it. While it's not exactly true cause you could just not write anything, I appreciated the sentiment. It ended up with our teacher requesting one our papers back to see what had gone wrong, and with her concluding we had got a retired teacher marking them who wasn't familiar with the module (whether or not it's true we'll never know!).

I had mostly just shrugged it off and decided to just do better next time, but their reactions made me think for the first that I maybe deserved or was worthy enough to go after the education I was striving for.

Our teacher was quite cool too. Someone who actually treated the students as people deserving of trust and companionship. She was the only teacher in the school who freely interacted them on a personal level outside classes, spending every break and lunch in their company, although she really had no obligation to outside of being on duty.
    SCREAMING AT PE. WE ALWAYS SAID SO MUCH CRAP TO THEM LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Was good in Year 11 when we got out of it by volunteering to do the year book And being asked to help a certain someone with their coursework.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicMint View Post
    SCREAMING AT PE. WE ALWAYS SAID SO MUCH CRAP TO THEM LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well when I was in Year 11 my Maths teacher called me a little **** head and said she was going to crush my balls like grapes.

I still haven't decided if this is the worst or best thing that has happened to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12