HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    God forbid a party changes their policies over time to better reflect the changing views of the electorate.
    Not sure the views of the electorate have ever been to "kick every non-Britain out of the country in a few months"...

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    What about when they went from a NO TAX EVER party to INCREASE TAXES TO HELP POOR FAMILIES in one swift move after realising that it's poor people who are the most likely to be enraged about immigrants "stealing" low level jobs

It's not changing small ideas to suit the electorate, it's changing radically to suit the parts of the electorate they think they can manipulate out of desperation
    Actually if you look at their proposed policies as far as I am aware they advocate lowering taxes on both wealthy earners and poorer earners with a two-stage flat tax - makes sense to me, as does prioritising lower wage earners before higher wage earners.

Quote Originally Posted by Payasam View Post
    Not sure the views of the electorate have ever been to "kick every non-Britain out of the country in a few months"...
    That has never been policy and you know it.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    God forbid a party changes their policies over time to better reflect the changing views of the electorate.
    Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    That has never been policy and you know it.
    Did you bother to read what I had quoted? I clearly quoted Chippiewill suggesting that the party had changed its policies to fit what the electorate was currently thinking. I agree, parties do do this all the time.

BUT, if that is the case, that would be an admission that UKIP previously wanted to gradually deport people of other nationalities - now, I am not saying they did (or do), however Chippiewill's post implies that the party used to think what Mark Reckless said, however is changing its policy based on the changing views of the British electorate.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Payasam View Post
    Did you bother to read what I had quoted? I clearly quoted Chippiewill suggesting that the party had changed its policies to fit what the electorate was currently thinking. I agree, parties do do this all the time.

BUT, if that is the case, that would be an admission that UKIP previously wanted to gradually deport people of other nationalities - now, I am not saying they did (or do), however Chippiewill's post implies that the party used to think what Mark Reckless said, however is changing its policy based on the changing views of the British electorate.
    The policy was as I understand it that a visa system would be introduced as it exists already for non-EU immigrants (and which by the rest of the world operates on) where by when Great Britain ceases to be under the auspices of the community treaties, former EU 'citizens' would have to apply for visas to continue their stay: those who qualify for visas would be allowed to stay, those who don't qualify (ie they are out of work) would have to leave within a certain time.

That's hardly wanting to deport people of other nationalities. That's just fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill
    Interestingly I just watched a live debate on Sky News about ten minutes ago between Douglas Murray and some journalist about Ken Clarke's recent comments, and the woman just sat there basically saying parties should ignore what the voters want. Predictably, she also came out with the waycism line before the debate had ended after Murray had taken her apart like a piece of cheap flat-pack IKEA furniture.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 23-11-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12