HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    I'll ask again @Wispur;

I received a quote from you in here which I didn't read straight away. When I tried to, it had been hidden. Were you even ruder than you have been to other members and decided it was inappropriate or...?
    I decided that saying nothing was better than saying what I did say. Nothing for you to worry about now.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think Sam's point was member interaction is something that should be constantly done rather than as an afterthought. A lot of this thread - and the many more before it - is down to communication and Matt was not immune to criticism either (the difference being you actually reply even if it is with a slightly aggressive attitude whereas he'd leave it to his AGMs to defend general management so you are an improvement in that regard at least). In fact, the whole action plan thread was made precisely because of the lack of action, lack of ideas, lack of communication. Would there be a request for an action plan if the community could already see it for themselves? Perms, planning and I can't remember the other thing you said do have to be done, yes, but AGM work has always been more long-term, more visionary towards the future and that does mean that these projects take time, can hit all sorts of systematical obstacles that means they're delayed etc so there are two options:

a) Retreat your ideas to the background, safe from criticism, but you yourself receiving plenty
    b) Lead from the front, say what you're doing, why it's not going so well atm (if applicable), these are the ideas I'm working on, look I am doing something. Saying "admin work" - which is essentially what it is - as an explanation for what you're doing when admin work should just be 5-10% of your daily workload is not going to inspire much confidence with the community. Ideas still being clutched tightly to your chest and then 6 months later still no sign of anything new does mean that people will start to wonder what the hell you've been doing for the past 6 months (you can count the number of things the community has seen from you since March on one hand).

Maybe then you'll be surprised how much things will improve for you, criticism-wise. It'll certainly be better than the aggressive approach where people just naturally get defensive and give it back.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    A task that literally takes seconds is not worth adding. Especially if you're trying to act as if it's time consuming.

I must do.

It took me 15 minutes to look through the 7 pages, note down every charity find out if they're registered and get a description..

Formatting will be ****, but the point stands. It's not time consuming. I started that about a minute after I posted my previous reply btw.
    MSF (Doctors Without Borders) is UK registered...
    http://www.msf.org.uk/

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    I think Sam's point was member interaction is something that should be constantly done rather than as an afterthought. A lot of this thread - and the many more before it - is down to communication and Matt was not immune to criticism either (the difference being you actually reply even if it is with a slightly aggressive attitude whereas he'd leave it to his AGMs to defend general management so you are an improvement in that regard at least). In fact, the whole action plan thread was made precisely because of the lack of action, lack of ideas, lack of communication. Would there be a request for an action plan if the community could already see it for themselves? Perms, planning and I can't remember the other thing you said do have to be done, yes, but AGM work has always been more long-term, more visionary towards the future and that does mean that these projects take time, can hit all sorts of systematical obstacles that means they're delayed etc so there are two options:

a) Retreat your ideas to the background, safe from criticism, but you yourself receiving plenty
    b) Lead from the front, say what you're doing, why it's not going so well atm (if applicable), these are the ideas I'm working on, look I am doing something. Saying "admin work" - which is essentially what it is - as an explanation for what you're doing when admin work should just be 5-10% of your daily workload is not going to inspire much confidence with the community. Ideas still being clutched tightly to your chest and then 6 months later still no sign of anything new does mean that people will start to wonder what the hell you've been doing for the past 6 months (you can count the number of things the community has seen from you since March on one hand).

Maybe then you'll be surprised how much things will improve for you, criticism-wise. It'll certainly be better than the aggressive approach where people just naturally get defensive and give it back.
    I understand what you're saying and I've said a couple of times now that I do want us to be more open with our plans when we have them. What I want to know is what you all mean when you say member interaction. Do you mean me sitting on Habbo in the help desk or do you mean having my own projects? Or maybe you mean both?
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Member interaction is communication so both. Short-term, just having a presence on Habbo, around the forum, showing your face and letting them see you get involved would provide a major boost. Long term, working on projects but communicating with members about where these projects are in progress and if there are delays or obstacles that management are struggling to resolve, an explanation to the community about what that is and if they have any ideas to get around it. Basically, if you have nothing to show yet but hide away, people are seeing nothing. If you're working on something, got nothing to show for it yet for whatever reason but are upfront about it, people are seeing effort and as a community, there's an opportunity there to get what might be a great idea - that would otherwise fade away - actually become a reality. Interacting with the community more will give the community more confidence in you, the community having confidence that you can be a driving force and a leader. That in turn gives yourself more confidence to be bolder. It's just a self-fulfiling prophecy in the end.

If you want an example of this in action, see this thread where there was feedback but largely positive as they saw effort, they saw the attempt and were impressed. Then here where nothing was heard about it for a few months. People got more critical, less positive but maybe if they were kept informed of what was going on with it and why, they'd be less hostile.
    Last edited by Inseriousity.; 24-11-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567