HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    Unfortunately, my feedback won't be 100% positive and I think some improvements could be made next time if you do another one. Firstly, it seemed rather unplanned? I know it's a takeover, but I thought that you could have some ideas you wanted to discuss with the members, get their view on it and see the way forward - I think this is a must for next time, you really need to have the members get behind you. I know you can't reveal too much, but you don't really have to, questions could be as vague as what features would you like to come to Habbox, and be as specific as do you think this VIP is as attractive as this one etc. (the last one is poor so I don't expect that one).
    It wasn't meant to follow any sort of agenda. The idea was to take ANY questions from the community and move from there in an attempt to be more open about things. Some questions did develop into discussions and some didn't.

The quiz wasn't too bad, quick and to the point, but it did seem like it was something to fill in the gap where no one was asking questions .
    Well the options were either to run a quiz and give people chance to think of more questions or to end the event there and then. This seems like a daft thing to criticise.

I think members got an insight into a lot of things as least which we/they wanted! However, it was at the end what I really noticed, and I won't end on a bad note as I do have some positive things to say, but Chris? You said you were doing nothing to gain and keep new members really? As a General Manager that should be one of your main priorities, as if Habbox isn't gaining or maintaining new members then you don't have a job/volunteer job.
    Yes that is correct. I'm not currently doing anything to gain new members myself, but at this time of year can you really blame me? I'm putting the majority of my time into organising things for the Christmas events, whilst also doing other bits and bobs that crop up in the mean time. I have no spare time right now to be coming up with new schemes to bring in new members.

Overall, it was good to see you acting on feedback, actually allowing us to see what you're doing and what could be happening in the future. You got through a lot of questions although the room got raided. Hopefully though you'll take some of the feedback on board for future reference - I'd like to see another one though.

I remember there used to be a meeting for staff every quarter, perhaps this could be done for the General Management takeover or every couple of months? All the AGMs got stuck in tonight and were ready to answer whatever and they did, that's a start at getting to know more .
    I'm glad you do have something positive to say. The two new initiatives that we chose to do stem from previous feedback, so I don't think anyone is in the position to say that we don't listen or do nothing. We were very quick to act on the feedback we got before and this is something we hope to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    I completely agree with Sam's point about General Management asking US some questions; this is General Management takeover, not a Habbox Community one! I believe the original idea behind the takeover was so that GMs could get some feedback on upcoming ideas as well as hear what the community would like to see done in general. More feedback on upcoming ideas next time please!
    See my response to Sam.

I arrived late so this may have been discussed before I got there, but was the topic of Christmas discussed? I was surprised there wasn't more discussion on what the community would like to see in the way of Christmas events. Recurring events can run dry and I would have thought you would want to hear some fresh ideas. Perhaps not though.
    It was discussed a little.

I was also shocked to see that @Wispur; did not have any plans for attracting and retaining new members. I'd like to see a plan put forwards for how we can attract new members. Even if it's as simple as popping into some other rooms on the client from time to time and luring people in through competitions, telling them about upcoming big events, etc.
    I don't have any plans in mind at this moment in time. That doesn't mean to say that I'm not going to come up with something in the future though.

However that seems impossible as at least two of the three General Managers hardly come on the client at all. I think this is an extremely important part of your job and any excuses such as the classic "I don't have time" are pretty poor. Perhaps Laura can be slightly excused for not coming on as much as she is completely content-based and I do see Sho round a fair bit which is nice, but I'd like to see Chris start coming online more please. No excuses!
    I would love to be on client more, but the truth of it is that I really do not have the spare time to spend on client. I don't care if you think it's a classic excuse because you do not understand the pressure that comes with the role. I spend so much time doing tasks that people are requesting, doing permissions and events planning that I couldn't possibly fit anything else in if I tried. This is of course on top of the work I have to do for university and the social life that I try to maintain.

If anyone thinks I should be doing more then they need to get a reality check. I will never put Habbox before my life and I am doing my absolute best to bring fun events to people for Christmas and other upcoming events. And if anyone dares comes out with the line "If you don't have time then resign" then I won't be held responsible for my actions.

Finally, can we have a summary of all the things that were discussed in the takeover posted after each one? Some people may not have been able to attend for some reason but would still like to see the results.
    There isn't one this time but we can try and get one for future events.

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    I like the idea of a summary of it (I wasn't there due to watching hunger games, OMG SO GOOD).
    My idea of an action plan was because I didn't think there was much being done to attract new members to Habbox but I think the takeover is at least a good way to get a more active Habbo presence from general management and it looks like good questions were asked so good job

How frequent are these? once a month?
    Hopefully once a month. No promises though

I'll be interested to see how this turns out. Surely some departments are too small to be hosting events for 24 hours straight? I'd like to see the General Management team (meaning all three of you) host some events during this period if possible too.
    I assume you mean on client? If I get chance I'll try, but I will be running off client events.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think that's the problems with takeovers, they happen once, twice if youre lucky, then they never happen again.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I'm willing to do it every month, or answer questions as and when they're asked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    I think that's the problems with takeovers, they happen once, twice if youre lucky, then they never happen again.
    I want it to happen monthly. I dont see why it wont as long as we're all available.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

I'll happily do it every month too, didn't get as many question this time apart from Charlie's

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    I'm willing to do it every month, or answer questions as and when they're asked
    I'd like it to be a fixed monthly thing. If we go back to 'just answering questions when theyre asked' no one ever asks questions. I like the idea of the takeover because it means I can compile a list of all the things I want to discuss about habbox and then bring them to the meeting at the end of the month or whenever it is. If there wasn't a takeover, I would never bring up my points.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Wispur View Post
    Well the options were either to run a quiz and give people chance to think of more questions or to end the event there and then. This seems like a daft thing to criticise.
    Why didn't you think of some yourself if there was a gap ? Surely, even if you don't have ideas currently you could have thought about stuff, questioned the people there and actually get a discussion out of it. Some people might not think about the topic unless someone else brings it up - that someone could have been you. I'm not saying it's only you who has to come up with the questions, but I did see Shoned going back on feedback threads, getting ideas and relaying back to questions, likewise with Laura.

Yes that is correct. I'm not currently doing anything to gain new members myself, but at this time of year can you really blame me? I'm putting the majority of my time into organising things for the Christmas events, whilst also doing other bits and bobs that crop up in the mean time. I have no spare time right now to be coming up with new schemes to bring in new members.
    What are you doing for Christmas then as I'm not 100% sure? You don't have to go too far into it, but I understand we're doing this 12 days of Christmas, what is your input are you hosting a 24 hour event too?

I will never put Habbox before my life and I am doing my absolute best to bring fun events to people for Christmas and other upcoming events. And if anyone dares comes out with the line "If you don't have time then resign" then I won't be held responsible for my actions.
    I don't think anyone should be putting Habbox before their life, but member improvement should be ongoing regardless of timing issues. I'm not saying there needs to be massive amounts done - even if you had an idea that a department could run, you could ask them to do it, after all it should still improve members regardless of who runs it.
    Last edited by Samantha; 23-11-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Why didn't you think of some yourself if there was a gap ? Surely, even if you don't have ideas currently you could have thought about stuff, questioned the people there and actually get a discussion out of it. Some people might not think about the topic unless someone else brings it up - that someone could have been you. I'm not saying it's only you who has to come up with the questions, but I did see Shoned going back on feedback threads, getting ideas and relaying back to questions, likewise with Laura.
    Because that was not the point of the event. I had nothing on my mind which I wanted to discuss.

What are you doing for Christmas then as I'm not 100% sure? You don't have to go too far into it, but I understand we're doing this 12 days of Christmas, what is your input are you hosting a 24 hour event too?
    Organising Charity VIP, Habbox Advent Calendar, Habbox Christmas Challenges

I don't think anyone should be putting Habbox before their life, but member improvement should be ongoing regardless of timing issues. I'm not saying there needs to be massive amounts done - even if you had an idea that a department could run, you could ask them to do it, after all it should still improve members regardless of who runs it.
    Ok and how do you know I'm not asking them? I find this incredibly hypocritical when I consider what you did during your stint as AGM.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Wispur View Post
    Because that was not the point of the event. I had nothing on my mind which I wanted to discuss.

Organising Charity VIP, Habbox Advent Calendar, Habbox Christmas Challenges

Ok and how do you know I'm not asking them? I find this incredibly hypocritical when I consider what you did during your stint as AGM.
    1st point, if you had nothing to ask then that's understandable, but like @Empired; said, it is the General Management takeover - questions should at least come from both sides.

2nd point, are you not doing a Client event then?

3rd point, I don't know if you've asked them or not, but this is feedback and I'm sure suggestions are welcome or has that changed? I was waiting for you to bring that up - I would be hypocritical if I wasn't doing anything or planning anything in Content, but I am- AGM is in the past, it'd be hypocritical if it was present. Also I don't recall saying I was doing nothing as AGM, I was doing events each month that I could possibly do (disregarding when I was away and ill). I always tried at AGM, it didn't always work, but I did try and always came out with something.
    Last edited by Samantha; 23-11-2014 at 11:37 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

2nd point, are you not doing a Client event then?
    No I'm bloody not. Is what I'm doing not good enough for you or something?

3rd point, I don't know if you've asked them or not, but this is feedback and I'm sure suggestions are welcome or has that changed? I was waiting for you to bring that up - I would be hypocritical if I wasn't doing anything or planning anything in Content, but I am- AGM is in the past, it'd be hypocritical if it was present. Also I don't recall saying I was doing nothing as AGM, I was doing events each month that I could possibly do (disregarding when I was away and ill). I always tried at AGM, it didn't always work, but I did try and always came out with something.
    It's hypocritical no matter which way you look at it. You might not have said you were doing nothing but the fact you never produced anything said it all.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast