HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Do you agree with abortion itself?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I agree with abortion.

7 63.64%
  • No, I do not agree with abortion.

4 36.36%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Should abortion techniques be taught alongside sex education/abortion itself?

Should abortion techniques be taught alongside sex education/abortion itself?

In schools, abortion and sex education are pretty much rooted within the science and education system with little or no chance of this being reversed at the current time. In addition, much emphasis is always placed on the ability of children to learn about abortions, STDs and contraception options. There's one key difference between the three however, that whilst children are taught and shown the graphic results of STDs and actually handed out contraception - it's very rare if not unknown that the graphic methods of abortion are shown or even discussed in the classrooms.

Do you support abortion yourself or are you against it? Have you yourself found out the techniques of or watched an abortion? Do you believe it should be taught in schools if abortion itself is to be taught in order to give the not so pleasant side of the practice?

There are plenty of nifty prizes to be won within this forum and within the coming weeks we'll hopefully have some new awards and prizes to be won in this forum and beyond. Focus on putting a good argument forward, try to be controversial and you'll be rewarded!
    The debate is open to you.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 26-01-2015 at 01:00 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

no we didn't learn about it.... im not sure if learning about it would be good or bad but people should know their rights when it comes to abortion. im for abortion but not when people are using it each time they get pregnant because they don't get contraception... it's their body and i don't believe it should be policed but i really don't like when people do that, although im sure it's very few people who do that.

i was always against abortion for myself but i think if i got pregnant through rape i would find it hard to bond with the baby. in future when i get pregnant, i have the option to screen that pregnancy very early on for a genetic disorder that is seriously life limiting. in the case that my baby does have it, i think the best option for myself and the baby would be to abort.

i guess the practice should be taught to people rather than benefits versus cons cause it's not really up to anyone to persuade someone whether they have the baby or not.

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

We had a small focus on abortion for a bit and they showed some film of Cher getting shot but I don't really see a need for anything more than a single session on how it works as an actual process because it's simply not that involved, and gore isn't what schools are for everyone knows for example that if you have a tumour you can have it surgically removed and that it's a pretty good idea to go ahead with that procedure, but you don't make people look at surgical videos and tumour dissections before they can do it. Not comparing a foetus to a tumour obv just saying that medical/surgical procedures don't necessarily need to be graphically understood to be of benefit
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

In my opinion, educating abortion technique is overall a terrible idea. Yes, I understand it is Sex Education, but please. Imagine the religious and political hatred that will be received. America is full of it.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm completely against abortion and I do personally think it's murder, nothing can and nobody can change my opinion of that, although I'd never judge someone for it. If you saw my replies in the last debate about abortion, you'll know nobody can make me think otherwise lol.

But the fact is simple: not everybody has the same opinion as me, perhaps even the majority don't. I think it should be taught in schools despite my own personal beliefs.
    Last edited by Lewis; 28-01-2015 at 04:13 PM.
    +2

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You know I'm actually going to say yes the techniques should be taught. I support any individual's right to abort a child, but I've never actually been taught (or even bothered to find out myself) about what actually happens during a medical abortion. I only really know about ''backstreet abortions'' that used to be common-ish.

But yeah I think it would be nice if maybe only the 16 year olds (I wouldn't like to discuss it with like someone in year 7 really) were educated about abortion techniques and stuff

Our school was very "STI focused" as opposed to abortion focused.
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jssy

Latest Awards:

Yes because its shocking. We were shown in ethics and after the foetus had been removed it was still moving until it died and the surgeon was poking it with a metal thing. I think if you're prepared to have sex you need to know about how abortion works. We also saw an abortion being carried out whilst there was an ultrasound on the screen. I don't agree with abortion, only on cases where a woman has been raped or where her life is at risk. However I think individuals need to see the effects of abortion, itx not always a straight forward procedure and it carries risks, they need to see the consequences of not having careful sex.

Sent from my XT1021 using Tapatalk

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Your options in the poll are too black and white to really make any kind of selection.

There are many reasons why a woman would opt for an abortion and I think you would get into a really lengthy debate about the morals behind each reason, right or wrong. Who are we to decide what is right or wrong for anybody. With things such as abortion I think the only way to ensure people are making fully informed decisions is through education so I think that it should be taught in education. If people are not using contreception, becoming pregnant and then having that baby aborted, I feel that is completely wrong. That is the man and womans fault and that should be totally discouraged. However as others have said, it could come from an incestuous relationship, rape, anything then I think that the mother should have the option to abort the baby. However people need to realise that it isn't a simple decision to make and it isn't like taking some paracetamol and your headache goes away. If people have the information then they can only make the best, most informed decision for themselves, regardless of what others think.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Headlines View Post
    Your options in the poll are too black and white to really make any kind of selection.

There are many reasons why a woman would opt for an abortion and I think you would get into a really lengthy debate about the morals behind each reason, right or wrong. Who are we to decide what is right or wrong for anybody. With things such as abortion I think the only way to ensure people are making fully informed decisions is through education so I think that it should be taught in education. If people are not using contreception, becoming pregnant and then having that baby aborted, I feel that is completely wrong. That is the man and womans fault and that should be totally discouraged. However as others have said, it could come from an incestuous relationship, rape, anything then I think that the mother should have the option to abort the baby. However people need to realise that it isn't a simple decision to make and it isn't like taking some paracetamol and your headache goes away. If people have the information then they can only make the best, most informed decision for themselves, regardless of what others think.
    As a culture and as mankind we make those decisions all of the time. I am against abortion because looking at it - as well as how an abortion is performed which to me sounds like something on a Dr Mengel horror scale - I believe an innocent unborn child has a right to life and that a mother (in most cases of abortions) made the decision to have sex which resulted in a pregnancy: in other words, they should take responsibility for their actions and not place them on an unborn child.

I'm completely with others on teaching abortion techniques: it's high time people were exposed to the mass butchering that is abortion. It's horrific.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

Teaching abortion techniques? Absolutely stupid - the only advice anyone going through such an ordeal would be to simply go to their GP and tell them about it. If the GP doesn't authorise, you simply go private and they will. But no, being taught 'techniques' would be the completely wrong way to go about anything, especially in the fact some could take it literally or too far and end up causing serious damage to themselves.

Personally, i agree with abortion, but that maybe because I'm male and will never have to go through with it myself. I only agree with it in the sense it's your body and your life, and if a child will get in the way you should be free to make that decision. My opinion is, despite obviously once a baby develops in the womb after a certain number of weeks (not sure exactly) they are then considered to have a life, but I think of it in the sense, if the baby in the womb doesn't have their mother constantly supplying them with oxygen and food and nutrients etc, they would die. They are fully dependant on their mother's, so I can't comprehend how they fit into human rights laws. Anyway, this is about techniques, not the actual subject of abortion.

Teaching any techniques, long story short, is an idiotic idea. Tell them to seek medical help.
    +1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast