HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Should science be used to revive extinct species?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 94.12%
  • No

1 5.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Oh my!
    i was waiting for that :p

j
    ~

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

I think it would be pretty interesting to see if they could actually bring back a Mammoth or something. It kinda reminds me of Jurassic Park in a way and we all know what happens in those films. Hell, look at he upcoming one where they create a hybrid

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    James

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Is it ethical to bring back extinct species of aninal or plant?

It'd certainly be interesting, but it's definitely not unethical in my opinion. As long as they keep it under control.

Tokens
    Habbo
    MilksAreUs

Latest Awards:

Of course it is. It gives us an understanding of how the animals used to live/breed/eat etc and also gives us the enjoyment of having them back on the Earth. Scientists will also be able to get a more accurate sight of the animal rather than guessing how it lived from a dead thing which died 10,000 years ago.
    Jump! For my love

Tokens
    Habbo
    kromium

Latest Awards:

ALSO i am so tired of everything being measured according to human consumption like conservation and environmental ethics are so crap because evrything is restricted around productivity and what not. i wish humans just die off honestly spare mother nature
    anyway

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bobozia

Latest Awards:

I agree that bringing the animals back would allow for scientists to closer to study and understand them, however, they wouldn't be able to. Climates and animal communications have changed in the last 200 years, let alone 10,000 years. As such, the way an animal behaves in today's would simply not mirror that of an animal pre-extinction.
    Also, in terms of bringing back the animals that humans kill, it is important to remember that we are still animals, and so technically us killing/poaching them should be classed as part of the animal communication of dominance. This means that us bringing them back would actually disrupt the evolutionary scale more than leaving them dead would be.
    I really liked an earlier comment about them being bred for zoos.This is possibly the only place that an animal from pre-historic times would be able to survive due to not being able to cope with current climates in where they used to live, as well being the only way to keep them out of danger's reach of animals which now have them in their food chains. Evolution means there are now animals roaming this Earth that were not around when the mammoth or other such animals existed. We can make guesses at where they would fit in on the food chain, but you can never be absolutely certain. This could lead to a situation where every animal that is brought back is starlight away chased and eaten by a predator higher up the food chain.
    It is for the aforementioned that we should nor bring back extinct animals, however much our curiosity wants us to

Tokens
    Habbo
    Explorator

Latest Awards:

I'd say it is.

It's not doing any harm to anyone really. Well, apart from maybe the animal.
    今日は

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12