HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Should Top Gears' Jeremy Clarkson be saved or sacked?

Should Top Gears' Jeremy Clarkson by saved or sacked?

Jeremy Clarkson as of now has been suspended from the BBC
    for a as of yet unexplained incident which is rumoured to be a bust up between him and backstage staff. However, the highly successful presenter of the popular show Top Gear is no stranger to controversy and has been warned by the BBC previously for calling the former British Prime Minister a "One-eyed Scottish idiot" as well as making stereotypical jokes about Mexicans. Supporters of Clarkson will say that this is simply comedy and banter, whilst detractors such as those in the executive of the BBC will claim these remarks have been offensive and that Clarkson simply pushes the line too far each time bringing the organisation unwanted attention.

But regardless of the present incident, do you think Clarkson has been pushing his luck or is that what makes him and his show Top Gear so successful in that it does seek to make fun of people, groups and not take itself too seriously? Or do you think his remarks have been offensive in the past and that it is time for the BBC to take action against Clarkson despite his popularity with the public?

There are plenty of nifty prizes to be won within this forum and within the coming weeks we'll hopefully have some new awards and prizes to be won in this forum and beyond. Focus on putting a good argument forward, try to be controversial and you'll be rewarded!
    The debate is open to you.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ToxicMint

Latest Awards:

Sack him he is a waste of space

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It really depends on what happened. If he actually attacked someone then he should probably be sacked. If it was a verbal argument then probably not.

It seems weird to speculate since the full details are yet to come out.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lRhyss

Latest Awards:

Didn't he punch someone? Or was that a rumour?

I don't agree with what he did if he punched someone, but without Clarkson, Top Gear ratings will plummet massively, and I'd imagine a Facebook group would be set up telling people to boycott the BBC (lmfao)

Tokens
    Habbo
    J25T

Latest Awards:

Think it's a bit too early to choose at the moment. We probably don't even know a pinch of what actually happened so I do feel it's impossible to say yes or no at the moment!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Here's some comments I agree with from the petition

I pay my TV license to ensure that irreverent people can express themselves. If you become boarding and politically correct, you may disappear BBC.
    A minority of over sensitive people should not ruin one of Britons favourite shows.
    I'm signing because the far bigger evil is censorship via political correctness which the BBC have been indulging in for far too long
    Because its the only thing left that justifies the license fee.

This is just left wing BBC censoring the only right wing comedy left.
    I'm signing because Clarkson is a superb presenter and Top Gear is without doubt one the BBC's better programmes. The viewing figures support this.
    Jeremy Clarkson represents the view of the majority of the licence paying public. We are sick of paying our license fee to be spoon fed your political correct left wing crap. Let people speak their mind and exercise their right to offend. At the end of the day, if you are offended by something on TV/radio, turn it off?
    I really wish Hammond and May would come out and say something like if Clarkson got dropped, they would leave as well so BBC would be panicking. Don't think top gear would be the same without any of the 3 but more so Clarkson.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

This is a work dispute, its none of our business really. If he actually punched someone (Without good reason) then I expect he should be sacked, or at the very least severely punished.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well purely from a selfish point of view I hope he stays, I love the show and think he is a brilliant presenter. The top gear episode with the reliant robin a few years ago especially comes to mind as one of my favourite ever tv moments, the episode was superb.

From the BBC's point of view if he really did punch someone over a cheese platter as is being reported then he should go, really. But then I've heard it'll cost the BBC millions as top gear is shown all over the world, and suspending Clarkson and so dropping the last few episodes of Top Gear for this season is affecting countries world wide who signed contracts etc to show them.

Lets be honest here, if Clarkson leaves the BBC then you can bet anything that other tv corporations will offer him stupid money to go to them. I think I read that Sky said they wouldn't be interested but how can they not be? Top Gear is one of Britain's most watched, most loved shows.
    used to fix usertitles n stuff

last +rep: -nick
    rep points: 16361

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Top Gear is one of Britain's most watched, most loved shows.
    It's actually one of the most watched TV shows.. in the world.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    It's actually one of the most watched TV shows.. in the world.
    yeah I wasn't sure if it was worldwide or not!
    used to fix usertitles n stuff

last +rep: -nick
    rep points: 16361

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast