HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    How come you get so defensive when other people question your right to give feedback but whenever anyone else attempts to offer their opinion you tell them their thoughts are invalid?

I currently do not enter competitions but I have done in the past. Perhaps listening to feedback as to why people don't currently enter comps and what would make them enter comps in the future would be beneficial? How on earth are you supposed to discover how to get people more interested in your department if you won't listen to anyone?

I would like to enter competitions but to be honest I just completely forget about them. I've had a competitions subscription before but I didn't like it partly because it didn't work very well (I often received the VM after the competition had ended/with only a day or so left to enter, and sometimes I got reminders for competitions I hadn't subscribed to) and partly because that didn't really inspire me to take part.
    I would enter competitions if I had someone actually taking the time to ask me to take part. I know that's a bore and is more time consuming, but I will always ignore mass messages whether they're from the Competitions department or from HabboxLive because I hate how impersonal it is.

And a personal touch really does work if you ask me:
    The Articles department had an Agony Aunt set up by Krazybethw but it was a flop because no one sent in any questions. I'm attempting to bring this back and have received eight questions since starting it up on Monday or Tuesday (minus the three days I was away for) just because I've been round asking people one-on-one on Skype or on Habbo to get their questions in. What's the difference between the two techniques? One was using a banner in a signature and expecting people to be interested whilst one went out and forced encouraged ((A)) people to be interested. A signature might have worked 5 years ago but it's not good enough anymore.

(This is a great moment to say if you have any burning questions you'd like answered by Habbox's Guest Agony Aunt, send me a PM or contact me on Habbo or something because I'd love to hear from you:¬.

Habbox's activity is dwindling and departments cannot expect members to come to them anymore; we need to go out and actually get people to take an interest in us by using a good old fashioned method called speaking to people.
    what is agony aunt, is there a thread for it?

ot: I agree empired, there needs to be more communication between people rather than signatures, spamming, etc
    The day I get to 200 in Ping Pong II is the day my life is complete.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    what is agony aunt, is there a thread for it?

ot: I agree empired, there needs to be more communication between people rather than signatures, spamming, etc
    Not yet just waiting on gfx and waiting for our guest aunt to answer questions hoping to publish the first article in a week or two.

And if the current aunt ever gets bored or gets too busy I would be looking to open applications so anyone could apply to be habbox's agony aunt for one month.

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post

(This is a great moment to say if you have any burning questions you'd like answered by Habbox's Guest Agony Aunt, send me a PM or contact me on Habbo or something because I'd love to hear from you:¬.
    no, because this is too impersonal

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567