HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Cazz

Latest Awards:

Default latest DJ Panel?

Hey ya'll,

Haven't been on here in ages! Hope you're all well!

Just wondering what's the latest panel out? Or the snazziest?

Anyone have a link to dl? Or anything!

Much appreciated!

Cal
    What would life be, without music?

Tokens

Smile To Modify Or Not To Modify

Hey there Cal,

Coding has evolved greatly over the years and I don't think it'd be fair to say one is better then the other. The simple fact is that they were all good at some point in the development evolution; unfortunately now out-dated. The reality is that they are built with old technology and to bring one of these retired panels to today's standards would require a lot of modification. There are fansites who have successfully done this but at the end of the day they are fundamentally powered at their roots by the same out-dated code. Modifying one of these panels isn't worth the time and effort that could be applied to creating something new. It is far easier and less time-consuming to be the Architect then to solve another's problems.

I'm not sure what your personal application is but in my opinion if I were to open a new fansite i'd be starting from scratch. Building and designing around a framework for example, Codeigniter, Laravel, Yii and so on. I'd then build my site around my staff/radio panel infrastructure. There are a lot of advantages to using this method, so many that I wont elaborate in this post but if you are interested to learn more or are seeking further advice please feel free to PM me.

Shaque

Tokens

Latest Awards:

There are also many disadvantages to building your website around the staff/radio panel infrastructure and instead they should be decoupled as much as possible with a clean interface designed between them.