HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Cerinacy

Latest Awards:

I can understand what people are saying but I don't see what the problem is- you get minutes or points, can't remember now for helping someone when not behind the desk so what's the fuss?

Then again the HxHD rarely has loads of people asking questions and there's usually more than 1 staff member in there at a time.

I would just say to the user if they kept missing questions not to air whilst behind HxHD but I can understand both points of the argument.

Tokens
    Habbo
    -DZ-

Latest Awards:

A lot of good replies. I thank everyone.
    I just have to make the difficult decision which department to vacate if the rule remains in place.
    I definitely enjoy both departments.
    5 hours of the HxHD and 3 hours of the HxL DJ is a lot to take on for me when they are done separately.

Tokens
    Habbo
    -DZ-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Absently View Post
    I know a few people did try to deal with the situation, but were ignored

Just one note:
    If you are referring to you calling me on it at the desk when I was DJ'ing too, then I do admit to ignoring you at that point for not leaving one or the other at the moment.
    I do apologize for that which is why I posted this topic. However, I did not ignore what you were telling me at the desk. I just wanted to finish up and then not do it again.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skynus

Latest Awards:

Default HxL DJ while HxHD

I kind of agree with not doing both at the same time - the only reason being if you're doing one thing properly you shouldn't really be able to do both. For example, if you're DJing and DJing properly you should be on SAM broadcaster speaking, adding effects, etc. to try and make yourself more interesting - not staring at Habbo and getting distracted. Back in the day the good DJs used Manual DJ and didn't just stream music. If you were DJing like that you wouldn't have time to look at the help desk.

So, if you're trying to DJ properly, you're not looking at Habbo. If you're not looking at Habbo, you're not actively helping people which is one of the requirements of the help desk job. I'm not sure if there's still the AFK back seats but if you're having to constantly go onto those to DJ you shouldn't be behind he desk as you're not giving 100% to the role.
    Last edited by Tom; 31-08-2015 at 03:57 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yuxin

Latest Awards:

Doing both is quite easy tbh a lot of people dont put much effort into DJing
    most DJs will talk every 3 songs so about every 10-15mins and they'll speak for what 2 mins
    with what you said tom^
    "For example, if you're DJing and DJing properly you should be on SAM broadcaster speaking, adding effects, etc. "
    "Back in the day the good DJs used Manual DJ and didn't just stream music."
    they'd also use a party room and speak a lot in the room, do comps and party in the room etc
    they'd obv be looking at habbo to do that though and speak in the room same with DJing
    it takes about 5 seconds to add a song on Sam and you dont need it full screen or whatever either
    back in the day you say people adding effects etc like no one does that anymore
    so many DJs play events on habbo whilst DJing and it's hardly an issue (no ones made a thread about it yet at least) so obv a lot of the time DJs do look at Habbo
    If you did change the rules though I'd prob say that trialist DJs prob shouldn't be able to do both until they've passed just because a lot of the time they arent too sure what they're doing so a lot more attention to required when DJing so whereas I'll spend like 5 seconds on Sam to pop a song in the queue, a trialist might not even know how to search for a song and take 5 minutes just to queue it

i hate posting in feedback so much am soz pls ignore me if i said anything wrong

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think people are just trying to make the roles out to be these full-time jobs that demand 100% attention to keep the useless rule in place. For seasoned DJs or helpers neither DJing nor helping takes very much attention at all and as you rightly point out many people are completely capable of multi tasking. Why keep a rule that punishes for something that is against the rules anyway? Reprimand staff appropriately and let those who are capable continue helping habbox and putting in hours!

If DZ wasn't paying attention, give him a warning. If he does it again, continue with the system. Absolutely no need for the rule.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    I've seen DJ's and host events at the same time in recent times.

http://habboxwiki.com/Habbox_Heckler

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

That whole sentence was a mess to be fair
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Sorry.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

There are valid points for both arguments, however I still believe the rule is silly.
    If they were actually paid to do these jobs, I'd understand. But they volunteer their own time, to be given rules that are in some cases unnecessary.

If seniors and managers were willing to fulfil the roles of their position and supervise/manage their teams - they'd be able to deal with issues case by case as they arise with their staff. It's not like either department is flooding with staff.

bella ciao

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast