HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

i haven't had a comps subscription since like, 4 managers ago

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

the comps subscription was good when i was in management, but a lot didn't like the fact it was done via vm (although i did send them via pm if people specifically asked me to). other people who weren't subscribed saw the vms too and i had people entering comps because they saw it being advertised on x's page. i don't think anyone really did it properly after i resigned, though. when they did it was the odd one and then they wouldn't do another for like a week.

along with that there were cnbs done every night advertising the the comp that had currently gone out and the comp that was ending in less than 24 hours (although towards the end we did it every two days because the way comps were moved out were changed, i can't really remember)

when i was last in management with mike he posted comps onto the habbo forum too and made it so they can enter either via the forum or on-client, although i don't remember how that went so you'd have to ask him

it's all about advertising, really. i focused most of my attention on new people, so i'd advertise in the welcome forum (and kept getting -repped for it which was rly rude ) and in my events since i was an eo too. although you don't need to be an eo to go to events and advertise it.

i remember @hayden; and i advertising lit everywhere for an entire month and it went from 150 entries within a month to over 800 so advertise like mad~

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Shonly View Post
    the comps subscription was good when i was in management, but a lot didn't like the fact it was done via vm (although i did send them via pm if people specifically asked me to). other people who weren't subscribed saw the vms too and i had people entering comps because they saw it being advertised on x's page. i don't think anyone really did it properly after i resigned, though. when they did it was the odd one and then they wouldn't do another for like a week.

along with that there were cnbs done every night advertising the the comp that had currently gone out and the comp that was ending in less than 24 hours (although towards the end we did it every two days because the way comps were moved out were changed, i can't really remember)

when i was last in management with mike he posted comps onto the habbo forum too and made it so they can enter either via the forum or on-client, although i don't remember how that went so you'd have to ask him

it's all about advertising, really. i focused most of my attention on new people, so i'd advertise in the welcome forum (and kept getting -repped for it which was rly rude ) and in my events since i was an eo too. although you don't need to be an eo to go to events and advertise it.

i remember @hayden; and i advertising lit everywhere for an entire month and it went from 150 entries within a month to over 800 so advertise like mad~
    Bbe you VM me so often you should know my username hasn't been that for a while :/

But yeah self-advertising is also really great, it's the reason I entered 2 of Rosie's comps recently (or..1?) cause she "pestered" me to do it when I went online.
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Intersocial View Post
    Bbe you VM me so often you should know my username hasn't been that for a while :/

But yeah self-advertising is also really great, it's the reason I entered 2 of Rosie's comps recently (or..1?) cause she "pestered" me to do it when I went online.
    i didn't even realise i'd typed hayden LMAO. oops, sorry other hayden

Tokens
    Habbo
    James

Latest Awards:

Thanks for all of your feedback guys. I will definitely be taking most of this on board.

Things mentioned in this thread that I will be doing:
    • Bumping comps as they get released to the public.
    • Posting "regular" CNB advertising new comps out. - I am lazy & will probably forget/not do it a few times so I won't promise it'll be "every x days", but they will definitely happen regularly.
    • Encouraging advertising a lot more, both on Habbo and Habbox.

Things I won't be doing:
    • Comps Subscription - Although I know it is a good idea, I just know I won't keep it up for whatever reason. I will always end up forgetting/not getting round to it and don't want to promise anything in terms of this.
    • Posting CNB every night. - Will be posting them regularly, and I shall shoot for as often as possible, but cannot PROMISE it will be every night.
    • Cloning threads - Bumping would be enough in my opinion.

If you have any more feedback, please do post it here/in a new thread, or even PM myself it. I am always open to opinions on how to improve our department.

Tokens
    Habbo
    James

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    Things I won't be doing:
    • Comps Subscription - Although I know it is a good idea, I just know I won't keep it up for whatever reason. I will always end up forgetting/not getting round to it and don't want to promise anything in terms of this.

So I am going against this and I have decided that I shall be bringing back a variation of this.
    Basically, as requested by this thread, I will be bumping competitions once they have been released to the public. I had a short word with Miss Absently and we decided that this could be a great opportunity to bring more attention to the competitions. So if you want to see new competitions when they are released, just let me know and I shall tag you in all/any new competitions posted!
    I shall be posting a thread about it soon, but if you wish to subscribe to new comps, please PM myself and I'll get it sorted for you!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Meanies

Latest Awards:

One of my aims when I was Events Manager was to get all community departments working closer together and the aim with Competitions was to get more advertisement on client. I didn't actually get around to contacting the manager at the time and implementing it but the basic idea was that once a week an event would be held with small in-room competitions but the main focus would be on the forum competitions. Users would be able to enter the main competitions through the client and the manager would post them in the appropriate thread following the event. All competitions would be numbered and listed on stickies so all players would have to do is whisper to one of the hosts what competition number they were entering and their answer so that it opens the competitions up to more users

cake

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yupt

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    [/LIST]

So I am going against this and I have decided that I shall be bringing back a variation of this.
    Basically, as requested by this thread, I will be bumping competitions once they have been released to the public. I had a short word with Miss Absently and we decided that this could be a great opportunity to bring more attention to the competitions. So if you want to see new competitions when they are released, just let me know and I shall tag you in all/any new competitions posted!
    I shall be posting a thread about it soon, but if you wish to subscribe to new comps, please PM myself and I'll get it sorted for you!
    If what you're suggesting is that when a new competition is moved from the private forums to the public, you reply to it letting everyone know it's now available and at the same time tagging those who have subscribed to that topic, then that's a plan that will work. I think Sho and I actually thought about something similar when trying to reorganise subscriptions back then too - no idea why we decided to go with the VM/PM options.

Quote Originally Posted by pasta View Post
    One of my aims when I was Events Manager was to get all community departments working closer together and the aim with Competitions was to get more advertisement on client. I didn't actually get around to contacting the manager at the time and implementing it but the basic idea was that once a week an event would be held with small in-room competitions but the main focus would be on the forum competitions. Users would be able to enter the main competitions through the client and the manager would post them in the appropriate thread following the event. All competitions would be numbered and listed on stickies so all players would have to do is whisper to one of the hosts what competition number they were entering and their answer so that it opens the competitions up to more users
    That's a cool idea that is probably worth the current management having a go. I have a feeling it would be one of those things that doesn't get the success it deserves, purely due to what Habbox is like now compared to what it was many years ago when this would have quite possibly been a great success - but still definitely worth management having a look into it.
    Former Competitions Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    James

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Yupt View Post
    If what you're suggesting is that when a new competition is moved from the private forums to the public, you reply to it letting everyone know it's now available and at the same time tagging those who have subscribed to that topic, then that's a plan that will work. I think Sho and I actually thought about something similar when trying to reorganise subscriptions back then too - no idea why we decided to go with the VM/PM options.
    Yeah like this one: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthrea...67#post8436467
    Just tagging people as a part of that post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12