HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Debates Leader

Tokens
    Habbo
    James

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Wow @Jam; has discovered that in nearly an entire decade on HabboxForum I have posted a few hundred times in Debates. Inspector Morse watch out!

No sweetheart, go to the threads Jen has posted since the summer and find where I have just brought the EU into it out of the blue. Back up your claims or shut up.
    It seems someone doesn't like to be challenged :rolleyes:

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Unsurprisingly he can't find an example where I have brought up the EU in an abortion topic or something similar. He's an empty vessel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    It seems someone doesn't like to be challenged :rolleyes:
    I do like being challenged over topics. I also like being challenged by people like you who have an axe to grind so I can make you look ridiculous.

You can't back up a word you've thrown at me so thank you for giving me that pleasure. And a Happy New Year to you.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 27-12-2015 at 11:35 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    James

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Unsurprisingly he can't find an example where I have brought up the EU in an abortion topic or something similar. He's an empty vessel.

I do like being challenged over topics. I also like being challenged by people like you who have an axe to grind so I can make you look ridiculous.

You can't back up a word you've thrown at me so thank you for giving me that pleasure. And a Happy New Year to you.
    Granted, I cannot find an example of a debate where you changed the topic into that, but looking back through your debates you made as debates leader, it's easy to see that 99% of them are eu/government/ukip/politics related. Also granted, politics are the most common type of debates, but when it comes down to it, there are plenty of other topics.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Granted, I cannot find an example of a debate where you changed the topic into that, but looking back through your debates you made as debates leader, it's easy to see that 99% of them are eu/government/ukip/politics related. Also granted, politics are the most common type of debates, but when it comes down to it, there are plenty of other topics.
    I just saw you looking in the Debates forum and if this were true wouldn't you copy and paste it to make me look like a fool?

Here's the topics I posted in my 900 odd days as Debates Leader. Let's let everybody else decide if I posted 99% of my Debates about the EU & Ukip.

You owe me an apology.

Ironically the only EU-related thread there since 2013 (Romania and Bulgaria immigration) I can see was one of the most popular debates.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 27-12-2015 at 11:47 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

But I'm not asking about dans time as debates leader, am asking about my own time and my own debates (none of which dan has turned into ukip or eu - infact he's only posted in 2 of mine..). Can you give me any examples of non-political debates I could do? I've never spoken about political parties or the EU in my debates, ive tried to do relevant issues today but wondering what else I can do? My thread ain't to criticise dan, who isn't even the leader anymore, but for me to make it better?

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    mdport.

Latest Awards:

I find it really odd how this thread has turned into a thread about Dan :S Not to try and be offensive towards Dan, but he's in the past now. Just like every other person on the forum he has every right to showcase his opinions and it's only been on rare occasions that a particular threads get out of hand (so much so that moderation is involved).

I'm going to take a Forum perspective on this and say I don't think enough tools are at the disposal of Debates Leader. I think a number of things could be put in place to help promote them. Requesting things like banners would be quite handy in terms of promotion (also used in Signatures) and maybe a thread stickied somewhere (Announcements or CNB) that is frequently updated.

At the start of every month a brief notice could be made publicizing the new debates (and link to the thread that's posted by you, Jen). Access to the graphics forum would solve a few of these so if that's something you're interested in Jen, I'd be more than happy to get that done for you. I've always been unsure as to the amount of things available to Debates Leader so I might make it so that I become more familiar and involved. Definitely anything that needs doing forum-wise I'm only a PM away.

In terms of members making debates, I'm not too sure what i'd suggest as a solution - maybe prizes/awards etc? I'll have a think.
    Last edited by Matt; 27-12-2015 at 01:21 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Dan, I don't if you were saying that just to Jam or me too, but I wasn't complaining. Just giving my opinion and views as to why I don't post in debates more so.

You are quite right though, I don't like being challenged as I don't always feel comfortable giving my opinions - especially if they contrast with the majority of habbox or the debates thread in general.

That isn't a specific issue with the current debates leader though, more just a lack of confidence and willingness from myself . Perhaps more could be done to encourage people to post in debates, I don't really know, but that's not what I was trying to say in my original post anyway.

---

And Jam, I also don't understand why you're bringing undertaker up constantly. This thread isn't specifically about him, stop making it about him? Perhaps there's certain points that can be related to him since he was once debates leader, but not everything - buttons is debates leader now lol...
    Last edited by Lewis; 27-12-2015 at 02:33 PM.
    The day I get to 200 in Ping Pong II is the day my life is complete.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I haven't read all the replies, so if this has been mentioned I apologise.

I think one of the reasons debates don't generate many replies anymore is because there isn't enough official ones that cater for more than a few people. I would suggest posting a few that cover a wider range of topics than just one a month as that may only interest a few people! Even if say you post one at the start of the month and one in the middle that way it's ongoing instead of it appearing robotic that on this date there's a new debate, this date you post debater of the month etc.

I think there should be more incentive for those giving ideas or actually posting debates - if there are some already these really need to be advertised more as I don't really know about them! I haven't posted in debates much for a while, and if I do it's only an occasional reply if I feel I can say something.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

there's no set limit for debates, although I say *this debate closes 1 month from now* it doesn't mean more can't be posted within that date! it's just that I don't want to post all my debates at once then have none left for the next month. it's surprisingly difficult to find topics to talk about - everything has either already been done, has been posted a million times or something no one knows anything about. so I try to keep it relevant to what's been happening lately but people are still not interested. There's nothing stopping anyone posting their own debates, everyone keeps saying do non-political ones or more lighthearted ones but can't give examples and don't post anything themselves? It's ok saying that but no one is actually giving me any ideas.

maybe comps/events can do something with me to give more of an incentive? or someone with habbo knowledge give me debates ideas
    Last edited by buttons; 27-12-2015 at 02:45 PM.

pigged 25/08/2019

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@Lewis; oh no it was just to Jam and not youself, was just using your example xx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast