PDA

View Full Version : Henry sets record as Arsenal win

Diamondkid
18-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Thierry Henry's brace beats Sparta Prague and sees him surpass Ian Wright as Arsenal's all-time leading scorer.
Henry was called into action after a lengthy injury just 15 minutes in to replace Jose Reyes and he soon fired Arsenal ahead with a delightful effort. 1 )The skipper collected a long clearance from Kolo Toure on the edge of the area with his first touch before curling an extravagant shot off the outside of his right boot beyond Jaromir Blazek.
It was the Frenchman's 186th goal for Arsenal and saw him surpass Ian Wright as the club's all-time leading scorer. 2) Henry collected a long pass from Pires, holding off two defenders on the edge of the area before slotting the ball home for the new Arsenal goal-scoring record.
Thanks to www.bbc.co.uk/sport (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport) for the information

Just had to post this as it was a great match and a superb record set.

Thread moved by smiddy1234 from "Sports and hobbies" parent forum, use the right forum Pleeasssee :)

NekkLe
18-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Welldone Thierry Henry! Top Man! Always a Gunner! :p

Its annoying when hes out of football because of his injuries however, I read in an Arsenal programme that he used to play through his pain, he said he couldn't half walk in the mornings which is pretty bad.
Now, he's taking his time with his injuries, let them heal naturally with the help of the physios.

Nice thread, something worth celebrating :p

Diamondkid
18-10-2005, 09:56 PM
When i saw his goal i was speechless it was a cracker of a volley

NekkLe
18-10-2005, 10:09 PM
When i saw his goal i was speechless it was a cracker of a volley

I missed the game :@ :( I only have sky downstairs and my mum was watching T.V at the time and as usual, football bores her. She would start moaning if I'd started to watch it so I just left it sat uncomfortabley for over an hour.
The result was nice to hear, I need to see highlights of the game though, anyone know when theres like a match of today or a repeat of this game?

GoldenBiscuit
23-10-2005, 11:13 PM
Yea, shame he's off to La Liga next season. Wont be missing him bagging goals past Reina though.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!