PDA

View Full Version : Tips please?

Craig
29-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Ok,I need some tips,Im playing my first ever game at centreback tomorrow.Im used to playing on the wing or as a full back,thats where I played for the last few seasons,but never at CB,its only cos we have people injured/ill so any tips please?

YellowParasol
29-10-2005, 04:29 PM
Stop the ball from Opposition Attackers, and there are usually 2 CB's :p

NekkLe
29-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Oh, I love CB :P I used to play there.
Depending on what your formation is, you should always tag along with the CM's.

They should push up regulary and control the main center from any attacks to attacking or setting up goals.

Your job, makesure you shout, lots of speaking in your defence, keep them in-line with you at all times or makesure the watch the runners. Just tag along behind the CM's and fill there position if they move on for an attack.

Main things, be strong, don't worry who your facing, get stuck in and try to keep the ball under control e.g easy passing.
I think alot lies on you in that position, I'm sure you'll adapt to it pretty quickly andknow whats, what when your in a situation.

Hope this helps a little :)

#NekkLe

GoldenBiscuit
30-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Oh, I love CB :P I used to play there.
Depending on what your formation is, you should always tag along with the CM's.

They should push up regulary and control the main center from any attacks to attacking or setting up goals.

Your job, makesure you shout, lots of speaking in your defence, keep them in-line with you at all times or makesure the watch the runners. Just tag along behind the CM's and fill there position if they move on for an attack.

Main things, be strong, don't worry who your facing, get stuck in and try to keep the ball under control e.g easy passing.
I think alot lies on you in that position, I'm sure you'll adapt to it pretty quickly andknow whats, what when your in a situation.

Hope this helps a little :)

#NekkLe
Very good accounnt of a Cb. +REP :)

Mohawk Man
31-10-2005, 10:23 PM
if ur a Cb then depending if u are playin a 4-4-2 attacking formation u may want to push up down the middle but if it is defensive just hang back but always push foward for corners. are u tall like me? if u are go up for high free kicks and corners

GoldenBiscuit
01-11-2005, 04:04 PM
if ur a Cb then depending if u are playin a 4-4-2 attacking formation u may want to push up down the middle but if it is defensive just hang back but always push foward for corners. are u tall like me? if u are go up for high free kicks and corners
Mhmm, free kicks, not to sure about that.

Marco
01-11-2005, 04:08 PM
never played CB I play right/left wing i have to gd feet soz its no help

GoldenBiscuit
01-11-2005, 04:13 PM
never played CB I play right/left wing i have to gd feet soz its no help
Can you use either foot then?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!