PDA

View Full Version : GTA:SA old enough?

Unsuspected
03-11-2004, 08:03 AM
there was a big thread about kids under 15 playing this game on a different forum. some said that kids under 15 shouldn't be exposed to the language and violence that is in this game, as SA is much much more mildly violent then the other GTA's. it can mess a kid up pretty much. one person made a very good point that a 12 year old can be just as mature as a 50 year old, and a 50 year old can be just as immature as a 12 year old.

as I see it, it fits into 3 different catagories. age, maturity, and exposure.

yes a 12 year old cna be just as mature as a 50 year old, but alot of 12 year olds aren't exposed to the kind of violence that is on GTA, when you get to the age of 14 and up it doesn't really matter because just about everyone above 14 has been exposed to that kind of language and violence.

no matter how old you are you must realise the difference between game and reality. if you look at GTA:SA and then look at reality and your life, if you do not see a giant gap in difference then you most deffinetly shouldn't be playing GTA:SA. you absolutly must realise it's a video game and is not telling you anything on the game is "cool". just because you see your character steal a car, shoot people, or even do it with a hooker it doesn't mean that it's right or "cool". the same persont hat said that a 12 year old can be as mature as a 50 year old also had said that when kids kill or get into gang life it's not because all because of them playing GTA. which is half true. GTA:SA may not make any kids think it's "cool" to do things in the game, but kids that already think those things are cool before playing it are driven to do it and more entised to do when they play GTA:SA. lets have an example. say your a kid that thinks it would be cool to do it with a hooker, the you play GTA:SA and you do it. will it or will it not drive you to want to do it more then you did before? it all depends on how mature you are. sure, anyone can innocently look at this game and say "oh man, going on a mass kill frenzy is soooo fun" or "this is sweet, you can even do it with a wide variety of hookers on here!" but it's up to you to realise that in a game it's very fun, but when it comes to reality it's dead serious and no where near fun at all. if you own GTA:SA and can't realise that I seriously recommend you reture the game.

The game is rated M, pretty much saying not for kids under the age of around 14. Know everyone can agree with me that most kids under 14 are immature, have been unexposed to things on GTA:SA, and deffinetly shouldn't even watch such violence and language, MOST. but there are few kids under 14 who are responsible enough to play a game like GTA. as said before kids under the age can be just as much if not more mature then a person that is the correct age of playing an M rated game. also vice versa, a 20 year old guy is allowed to play this game, but who is to say that 20 year old is mature enough for it? he most certainly has been exposed to all the things in GTA:SA, but can he see the big gap between game and reality?

so there it is. I know most people on this site are teens, some are under 14. thats why I thought it would be important to bring this to all of your attention. and please do not post a message saying you are under 14 but you are very mature for your age. because no1 in the entire world will buy that. EVERYONE on the face of this earth wants to believe they are mature, think about it, have you ever heard a kid say "I'm an annoying little immature ***** and i love it!!!" maybe you have, but most likly if you ever hear anyone saying that they are being sarcastic. the bottem line is everyone want to BELIEVE they are mature, which means one thing, they want the respect of a mature person but not the responsibility of a mature person.

dark2k000
03-11-2004, 04:10 PM
am 14 and i play san andreas a am a gta fan..... i waited for this game for ages when it was 1month and 2,1 weeks left i was counting down in my head and the swearing in it is nothing... to be honist there should be more :eusa_clap

mohwar
03-11-2004, 04:20 PM
Same i'm 14 and i play the game every day every night the swearining is nothin at all the volicance it's nothin aswell however thew game is not that volicance i agree with dark2k000 :O

GommeInc
03-11-2004, 05:29 PM
I am 15 and apparently a little boy wants it banned lol, he should grow up before he can play it not ruin it for the others.

Age registration things like becoming a habbo, playing games and watching movies in or out of a cinema should be scrápped, it is the childs fault for playing the game not the other peoples.

Concentric
03-11-2004, 05:37 PM
I think its completely up to the person who decides to buy and play the game. If the game makers want to make a game with lots of violence and bad language then thats perfectly acceptable, its up to the parents of the children to decide if its appropriate to let their children play it.

GommeInc
03-11-2004, 05:43 PM
Sometimes the parent thinks it is up to the child to make a decision on what game they want as some parents dont care, but this maybe because they dont technology and think how bad can it be? lol

Question?
03-11-2004, 05:50 PM
nice speech, man hunt i think its called... heard it? i kid was killd with a nife in the same spots from man hunt :o

Butcher11
03-11-2004, 09:03 PM
Mature means for older then 17, not 14, there's a reason aswell, though society seems to not recognize the difference. Some children could handle this violence, but even 13/14 year olds may think they can handle it, but there always a chance they're minds can't comprehend the difference between, and even parents are unlikely to ever find out. Of course no one can prevent children from playing them, but I think that you should be at least 16 to play it, the maturity between a 14 and 16 year old is quite a bit more then meets the eye.

Unsuspected
04-11-2004, 08:06 AM
well the majority of people under 16 aren't mature enough to play the game, but it's deffenetly not right to say "I think you should be 16 in order to play it" because why should you be able to decide if a person is immature because of their age. The age limit is a good idea because then most kids that would be messed up from the game wouldn't be playing it, but then alot of mature kids under the age aren't able to play it which isn't fair that some mature people can't play it because everyone else is ruining it. I grew up in one of the most disfunctional families you could think of, just to give you a little clue to just how bad my family is, i only live with my mother and my father recently tried hiring a hitman to kill my mother, its mor complicated then that but I'm not gunna tell everyone about my damn life, everyone has better things to do then hear me *****ing. so because I have gone through so much I have a huge understanding between right and wrong and what would be cool on a video game and completly sick if you were to do it in reality. many people under 16 haven't gone through what I have but they still know the same rights from wrongs. I really don't think it's very fair to say that if your 16 you shouldn't play GTA:SA, because for all you know you could be talking to a very mature kid.

my point is although by putting down an age limit, yes most people that play the game will then be able to play without getting messed up from it, but then you are saying some mature kids shouldn't play it, but every plan has it's ups and downs, when a plan like an age limit will make it so that your saying the most people playing the game are mature enough for it the makers will go for it because as i said, there are ups and down, and the ups outdo the downs, no plan is all ups, or we wouldn't have so much protesting in the world.

SkaKid77
04-11-2004, 10:24 AM
jeez am i the only one actually over 18 here? :p

i am playing it legally...unlike all the other gta games :rolleyes:

Butcher11
04-11-2004, 08:53 PM
I'm 17, I play obviously illegally, and what I was saying Unsuspected is also that i think that maybe having a few mature kids not being able to play it is good price to pay to keep minds form being corrupted. ;) The definition of a mature child is not just well he can handle the violnce, there are other aspects of it, almost anyone under age of 22 or so is mature for the type of violence this game portrays, because most have never expierenced it in real life.

mohwar
04-11-2004, 09:26 PM
i was playin san andreas and my cosin was watchin me. he is 5 years old and i shot this guys head of and his lik startin 2 cry

@K
04-11-2004, 09:33 PM
What's the diference if your 17? Games are not the reason kids kill each other, they are sick in the head, mums and dads just blame it on video games, I'm 14 and I have never killed anyone :p

Simonac55
05-11-2004, 12:28 AM
Well I think they rate it like that because some parents don't want their children to play games like that. And when there is that rating, it shows them if there is violence or not. In my case, I don't imitate games :p

mohwar
05-11-2004, 06:43 AM
i agree with u simon cuz parents don't allow chrldrin under 10 2 not play volient game :eusa_danc

SkaKid77
05-11-2004, 10:35 AM
i was playin san andreas and my cosin was watchin me. he is 5 years old and i shot this guys head of and his lik startin 2 cry
lol i let my 3 year old cousin have a go on gta3 he loved it :p

tip: dont give a 3 year old a tank :rolleyes:

mohwar
05-11-2004, 04:09 PM
tip: dont give a 3 year old a tank :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Why lol lmao :)

Ciaran
06-11-2004, 02:40 PM
Im only just 13 lol i rock at games so heh :P and the great part is i still make time for football rigby and a social life.... gta sa is a natural thing for me so i have no good reason why the game shouldnt be exposed to children 12 and under.... lots of bad language mind you but thats all in my nature anywasy even tho i dont like to express myself in that way online... the game poses no threat to children under the age of 15 and plus its the parents who buy the game for their kids... and plus my cousins are 6 and they have seen all the alien films and have sa...

Unsuspected
11-11-2004, 10:38 AM
plus its the parents who buy the game for their kids

and most parent's are idiots, if you will acually have an open mind for a moment, I can honestly tell you that most parents just use games as babysitters for their kids, without knowing that it is messing their kids minds in ways they didn't know.

GommeInc
11-11-2004, 04:48 PM
How does TV and games like GTA warp our minds *s****es teeth and twitches*, I am still normal... :$

THE NINJA
11-11-2004, 05:11 PM
A game can't influence you enough to kill. The spark must be in your head to begin with.

Convictions
11-11-2004, 07:03 PM
Yes but in games its like :o ive been stabbed lets stick a band-aid on it , real life isnt like that , one bullet can kill , and you know how much a splinter hurts in your finger , think of a 6 inch long splinter that burns aswell , it may look neat in the front but in the back half of your body could be ripped out.

Plus kids dont realize the damage they do because of the games 'stick a plaster to patch up bullet wounds' attitude its not just one person who get hurt by the killing , its all the families that are affected.

Plus war films dont show you what its like to be shot in the head or paralized for life by a shot in the back , ask any ex-solider , No not your cousin who's in the TA REAL soliders whove seen action.

Remember - You only get shot once

GommeInc
11-11-2004, 07:29 PM
Actually you dont get shot once, someone survived 9 bullets in his body, 3 in his chest, 1 in his shoulder, 2 in his left arm, and 1 in the side of his abdomen and 2 in his right leg.

PS He survived.

Moose
12-11-2004, 04:42 AM
The games look wicked, i dn't have it... hehe, can you run over people?

Convictions
12-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Actually you dont get shot once, someone survived 9 bullets in his body, 3 in his chest, 1 in his shoulder, 2 in his left arm, and 1 in the side of his abdomen and 2 in his right leg.

PS He survived.

Yeah but if he was shot in the head he'd have died , or either he's lucky , or a nutter who was just showing off

Jettee
16-11-2004, 06:36 PM
I know im a little late.

i am 14 n i own the game and play it.

i think what we see the game is pretty much what we see in real life, we all grow up in a world where all of this is happening, gta games are no more explicit than the real world

Ciaran
16-11-2004, 06:39 PM
I know im a little late.

i am 14 n i own the game and play it.

i think what we see the game is pretty much what we see in real life, we all grow up in a world where all of this is happening, gta games are no more explicit than the real world
Thats very true... the only people who get offended by it are the ones that cant handle the truth about what the world is like in some places

Convictions
16-11-2004, 07:26 PM
i aint got anything against GTA its preeettttyyyyyy cool , but like , has anyone seen rambo , how i'd love to see him get blasted to pieces by machine guns , hes the culprit who sticks bandgaes on gaping wounds

Jettee
16-11-2004, 08:27 PM
GTA:SAis the same as walkign to school really.

it is possible for someone to come around the corner on a rampage.

Ciaran
16-11-2004, 08:55 PM
GTA:SAis the same as walkign to school really.

it is possible for someone to come around the corner on a rampage.
True... As much as parents would like to prevent it... children are going to learn these things from friends or school so no game on a playstation is going to add to any offencive things the child knows already...

xJoeYx
16-11-2004, 10:00 PM
The age limit is law and is there for a purpose, although most ignore it. Its not all down to maturity, more personal experience and knowing what is right and wrong.

btw, your all freeks :p

Magnet
04-09-2005, 10:13 AM
there was a big thread about kids under 15 playing this game on a different forum. some said that kids under 15 shouldn't be exposed to the language and violence that is in this game, as SA is much much more mildly violent then the other GTA's. it can mess a kid up pretty much. one person made a very good point that a 12 year old can be just as mature as a 50 year old, and a 50 year old can be just as immature as a 12 year old.

as I see it, it fits into 3 different catagories. age, maturity, and exposure.

yes a 12 year old cna be just as mature as a 50 year old, but alot of 12 year olds aren't exposed to the kind of violence that is on GTA, when you get to the age of 14 and up it doesn't really matter because just about everyone above 14 has been exposed to that kind of language and violence.

no matter how old you are you must realise the difference between game and reality. if you look at GTA:SA and then look at reality and your life, if you do not see a giant gap in difference then you most deffinetly shouldn't be playing GTA:SA. you absolutly must realise it's a video game and is not telling you anything on the game is "cool". just because you see your character steal a car, shoot people, or even do it with a hooker it doesn't mean that it's right or "cool". the same persont hat said that a 12 year old can be as mature as a 50 year old also had said that when kids kill or get into gang life it's not because all because of them playing GTA. which is half true. GTA:SA may not make any kids think it's "cool" to do things in the game, but kids that already think those things are cool before playing it are driven to do it and more entised to do when they play GTA:SA. lets have an example. say your a kid that thinks it would be cool to do it with a hooker, the you play GTA:SA and you do it. will it or will it not drive you to want to do it more then you did before? it all depends on how mature you are. sure, anyone can innocently look at this game and say "oh man, going on a mass kill frenzy is soooo fun" or "this is sweet, you can even do it with a wide variety of hookers on here!" but it's up to you to realise that in a game it's very fun, but when it comes to reality it's dead serious and no where near fun at all. if you own GTA:SA and can't realise that I seriously recommend you reture the game.

The game is rated M, pretty much saying not for kids under the age of around 14. Know everyone can agree with me that most kids under 14 are immature, have been unexposed to things on GTA:SA, and deffinetly shouldn't even watch such violence and language, MOST. but there are few kids under 14 who are responsible enough to play a game like GTA. as said before kids under the age can be just as much if not more mature then a person that is the correct age of playing an M rated game. also vice versa, a 20 year old guy is allowed to play this game, but who is to say that 20 year old is mature enough for it? he most certainly has been exposed to all the things in GTA:SA, but can he see the big gap between game and reality?

so there it is. I know most people on this site are teens, some are under 14. thats why I thought it would be important to bring this to all of your attention. and please do not post a message saying you are under 14 but you are very mature for your age. because no1 in the entire world will buy that. EVERYONE on the face of this earth wants to believe they are mature, think about it, have you ever heard a kid say "I'm an annoying little immature ***** and i love it!!!" maybe you have, but most likly if you ever hear anyone saying that they are being sarcastic. the bottem line is everyone want to BELIEVE they are mature, which means one thing, they want the respect of a mature person but not the responsibility of a mature person.

I am 12 years old. I think I'm mature enough to play. I'm not going to copy of what he does, for a reason. (It's wrong) AND because if I did, my family would have bad opinions on me, and I'd have a police record, meaning I couldn't get a good job.

<$>
04-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Personally.

GTA's next step is, GTA Online.

80 People A Room? Room = 1 Island.

Wud b funny, With Klans on it.

with Drag-Racing, Shoot gangs.

and maybe a gang leader board?

Online is the future. Maybe bring it out for the ps3/

When eva that comes out :rolleyes:

SkaKid77
13-09-2005, 02:03 PM
The ratings on the game are for it being bought, only people over 18 can buy the game, so its up to the parents who think that their children are old enough to play it.

As for my 3 year old cousin who played GTA 3 (which he loved) when he came round one day...he is now 7 and as far as i know has no aspirations of becoming a mass murderer.

On that note i think there is proof that the games dont mess up people, unless they are already messed up.

Also the ratings system should be revised to take into account the fact that most people today (generally) are swearing prolifically by the time they are 12 or something, maybe they should lower the age of the next GTA to 15 or something.

tip: dont give a 3 year old a tank :rolleyes:

Why lol lmao :)

You really have to ask that? :p

PixieOPirate
16-09-2005, 07:01 PM
I'm 11 and i play the game and i dont go out killing people! So im perfectly safe :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!